FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Problem with Google's Any screen search!

87 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Manthan Gohil, Member on 8th April 2017, 11:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have tried so many ROMs but none of them supports "Say Ok Google anytime". Is this a device specific problem or what? I have tried several ways to fix but they're all in vain. So anybody knows how to enable it or have it working?

P.S. Dynamic GApps solved the issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170408-154350.png
Views:	26
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	4105362  
9th April 2017, 10:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manthan Gohil

I have tried so many ROMs but none of them supports "Say Ok Google anytime". Is this a device specific problem or what? I have tried several ways to fix but they're all in vain. So anybody knows how to enable it or have it working?

At first you must have installed Stock Gapps (I'm using OpenGapps).
And as for the second, the trick is you must have selected "English (USA)" in Voice Search Languages as your primal search language.
It's because this feature is enabled only for USA. But you can select your own language as the second one and it will work fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caraparbor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Caraparbor Ad-Free
9th April 2017, 12:46 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraparbor

And as for the second, the trick is you must have selected "English (USA)" in Voice Search Languages as your primal search language.
It's because this feature is enabled only for USA. But you can select your own language as the second one and it will work fine.

Stock gapps are necessary for it to get working? Because I'm using opengapps pico version. And yes my primary language is set to English USA everywhere.
9th April 2017, 02:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

Quote:

Stock gapps are necessary for it to get working? Because I'm using opengapps pico version. And yes my primary language is set to English USA everywhere.

Unfortunately in my case problem with "voice everywhere" was solved by Stock Gapps .
9th April 2017, 09:16 PM |#5  
Flag Canaan
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I've used anything from nano to pico to banks dynamic GAPPS and it's always worked on all of them right out of the box so I don't think it's a GAPPS issue.
11th April 2017, 03:46 AM |#6  
Flag Nusantara Jaya
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Would you mention what rom so many did you use? If you are using nougat, ok Google is automatically on once you complete Google assistant setup...
12th April 2017, 04:06 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caraparbor

I don't know about stock but the problem was related to pico version. I gave a try to Dynamic GApps and it worked for me finally! Now Google now working perfectly too.
12th April 2017, 04:08 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Vadodara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rez4dh

Would you mention what rom so many did you use? If you are using nougat, ok Google is automatically on once you complete Google assistant setup...

Yes I never had Google assistant setup on first boot while using pico gapps. Maybe it was due to lack of necessary librariesor something. I tried on AOSPExtended, Legend and Lineage.
12th April 2017, 07:52 PM |#9  
Flag Nusantara Jaya
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes I never had Google assistant setup on first boot while using pico gapps. Maybe it was due to lack of necessary librariesor something. I tried on AOSPExtended, Legend and Lineage.

Add "GoogleAssistant" keywords to gapps config. If it's not working try enable Google assistant via magisk module.. If thats not working, i dunno, maybe its libraries thing, like you said before, or maybe hardware failure.. Hope this solve your problem... Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)