[KERNEL][OPX][LineageOS] FrancoKernel - r11 - 12th Dec

Search This thread

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
Hi all.

Compatibility:
Builds starting with r5 compatible with Android Nougat 7.1.1 LineageOS or roms built from LineageOS sources.

Download:
From my webserver choose the Kernel with the most recent version number. Older releases for older Android versions are in the parent directory:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusX/7.1.1/anyKernel/
or from my Updater app. It's just easier and more convenient:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel

Installation:
Flash the zip in your recovery
or
Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater app

Features:
1 - Legendary battery life
2 - Flash & forget
3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
8 - No crap placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusX/7.1.1/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/onyx

Follow me on the interwebs
Google+
Twitter

Google+ FK community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Franco Kernel: Manager & Updater demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!

Last edited:

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
Good to see you around here!

Thought I would add more to this and make it useful for a few users.

The reason behind why Mpdecision is disabled by default is due to the fact that it is highly inefficient in the sense that hotplugging on Linux, put simply, sucks. Why? The hotplug acts as a front-end to the scheduler to provide a means of plugging and unplugging cores in exchange for a high amount of latency. This means that even though a core may be plugged, there is a delay of several milliseconds before this is actually processed causing microstutters that are hard to notice, but do disrupt performance. The same can be said for the thermal driver and how it Aries frequencies.

Now that that is over with, I'd just like to thank Franco. My device has never been faster. Even with an undercooked, it is still performing better than ever. Especially love the ZRAM tweaks, and how you properly configured CPU boost. Some people make it way too aggressive... It's the little things, and the huge steps forward in the source code that make your work so great! Best of luck

Last edited:

shatteringlass

Feb 6, 2012
Rome
Didn't work for me coming from LOS (17/03/02 build) with Boeffla kernel. Wiped cache and dalvik, flashed fk r1 and bootloop. Phone kept returning to the boot splash screen and then straight to recovery. Looking forward to solving. Thanks for now.

Sorry, I was clearly not fully awake when I posted this. I read OxygenOS and interpreted as LineageOS.
Still, I hope someday we can run FK kernel on LOS.
Thanks anyways.

Last edited:

Kolio_xda

Nov 30, 2015
Sofia
Thanks for the kernel, Franco!
It's a shame that it only supports OOS.
FYI I installed it on Sultan's CM13 and everything works fine except dt2w. The switch in settings does nothing and there is no switch in Kernel Adiutor. I hope that your kernel will be compatible with CM/AOSP based roms in the future.
Edit: Wifi is also not working.

Last edited:

Crusio83

Jul 1, 2016
Łódź
Hi all.

Compatibility:
Builds starting with r1 compatible with OxygenOS or roms built from OxygenOS sources.

Download:
From my webserver:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusX/6.0.1/anyKernel/
or from my free Updater app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.franco.kernel.free

Installation:
Flash the zip in your recovery
or
Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater Free app

Features:
1 - Legendary battery life
2 - Flash & forget
3 - Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
4 - Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
5 - Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
6 - Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
7 - Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
8 - No bull**** placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
9 - Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself

Changelog:
https://kernels.franco-lnx.net/OnePlusX/6.0.1/appfiles/changelog.xml

Source:
https://github.com/franciscofranco/onyx

Google+ FK community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/117966512071636110546

Franco Kernel: Manager & Updater demo

Disclaimer to moderators:
Slight OT is fine, but when users decide to act stupid they should be dealt with with the appropriate means - its really annoying for me when OT turns crazy. Please put the warning/ban hammer anytime any of you think there's lack of respect and/or too much unwanted OT crap - but if it doesn't meet this criteria let the OT posts alone. Thank you.

Cheers!

Didn't work for me coming from LOS (17/03/02 build) with Boeffla kernel. Wiped cache and dalvik, flashed fk r1 and bootloop. Phone kept returning to the boot splash screen and then straight to recovery. Looking forward to solving. Thanks for now.

Read OP's first post again...

Reactions: shatteringlass

W!ld

Dec 5, 2015
Facing heating issue...
Everything else is buttery smooth.

Last edited:

Dhairya

May 29, 2013
THANE
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello bro i need permission regarding your kernel on one plus x i have ported a one plus x rom and i wanna use it one plus one the kernel is working fine in one plus one( I skipped the device checking and made it work)

would be great if you allow me to use it

Thanks

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos

Not compatible with LineageOS yet. It's written in the OP.

Thanks for the kernel, Franco!
It's a shame that it only supports OOS.
FYI I installed it on Sultan's CM13 and everything works fine except dt2w. The switch in settings does nothing and there is no switch in Kernel Adiutor. I hope that your kernel will be compatible with CM/AOSP based roms in the future.
Edit: Wifi is also not working.

It won't work on Sultan's, he uses a very specific Kernel with specific changes that only work on his specific rom build.

Facing heating issue...
Everything else is buttery smooth.

There's no heating issue. The device throttles just fine when under stress. I run several CPU stability tests before I push a new Kernel...

Hello bro i need permission regarding your kernel on one plus x i have ported a one plus x rom and i wanna use it one plus one the kernel is working fine in one plus one( I skipped the device checking and made it work)

would be great if you allow me to use it

Thanks

I don't understand what you're asking. Use what where?

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
@franciscofranco Thanks for this! :)

Waiting for LineageOS 14 (and all based ROMs) support. Most people don't really use OxygenOS since it's slow and buggy :p

It's not slow with FK, at all. I made sure of that. There was a specially bad issue that I reported to OP 1 year ago, which makes the device have a gigantic stack of uninterruptible threads after a while on screen off. My record was a load average close to 200, 200, 200 which is insane and destroyed the device's performance. That's fixed on FK. Also all cores are online at all times, there's no need to shut down 2 cores, and mpdecision is disabled so that it doesn't mess with the devices performance.

Androidoo

Aug 29, 2013
indore
It's not slow with FK, at all. I made sure of that. There was a specially bad issue that I reported to OP 1 year ago, which makes the device have a gigantic stack of uninterruptible threads after a while on screen off. My record was a load average close to 200, 200, 200 which is insane and destroyed the device's performance. That's fixed on FK. Also all cores are online at all times, there's no need to shut down 2 cores, and mpdecision is disabled so that it doesn't mess with the devices performance.

yeah really i underclocked the cpu to 1957 ghz and input boost enabled to 652mhz, the phone literally flies on oxygen os. Also the antutu score is 55222,literally made my day thanks a lot:):):):)

One wierd thing though, kernel auditor shows my battery capacity to 3000mah, is it true?? or is it after the kernel, anyways its buttery smooth.. magical

Last edited:

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
yeah really i underclocked the cpu to 1957 ghz and input boost enabled to 652mhz, the phone literally flies on oxygen os. Also the antutu score is 55222,literally made my day thanks a lot:):):):)

One wierd thing though, kernel auditor shows my battery capacity to 3000mah, is it true?? or is it after the kernel, anyways its buttery smooth.. magical

Battery size is 2525mAh.

Jul 9, 2016
Hi, I flashed your kernal yesterday, all great and the device is buttery smooth but just one thing I noted. When ever the phone goes into to deep sleep the device doesn't wake up on pressing the power button. Have to restart the phone by long pressing the power button. And I haven't changed anything using the kernal adiutor app, just using your default settings.

Can you kindly guide me if something is wrong from my side. May be if you want a log I'll try to pull out a log tonight.

Thanks alot for your work.

Reactions: Subhrajyoti Sen

Top Liked Posts