FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] [blu_sp★rk r164] [OOS 2.* / CM]

5,877 posts
Thanks Meter: 51,992

By eng.stk, Senior Member on 17th November 2015, 12:47 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from eng.stk: blu_sp★rk r175 is up!

Kernel features:
  • Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
  • Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-6.2 (cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.2-2016.09)
  • Full -O3 support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
  • Less is more: stockish builds based on android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974
  • Kernel compressed with XZ, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (best size/efficiency ratio, faster boot, less CPU usage)
  • Removed some debug and logging options
  • ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
  • Upstream and CAF fixes
  • Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default - fastlane mode available!)
  • Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 675mV possible)
  • Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
  • Several I/O control (FIOPS is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS)
  • blu_plug: Dynamic Hotplug for onyx
  • Disabled mpdecision
  • Stock thermal driver by default, custom kernel driver available (check this)
  • Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with NEON support)
  • CAF adaptive LMK
  • Vibrator Strength tunable
  • KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 27MHz), Adreno Idler GPU Governor on by default
  • KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
  • USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
  • Battery/Notification LED control
  • Multimount fstab (you can use data and cache partitions as f2fs or ext4)
  • CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (full Drive Droid compatible)
  • init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU])
  • Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manage and others

DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP

Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_sp★rk zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> flash blu_sp★rk.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.

About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). If you're using custom ROMs you're on your own, I'm only interested on debugging stuff in OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.

This kernel installer modifies your filesystem, backup your boot.img and system.img with TWRP if you want to go back to full stock.

If you want to use F2FS, do the following (backup your data before attempt this, it will erase all your Data)
  • Flash latest TWRP and flash latest blu_sp★rk zip
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
  • Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
  • Reboot and profit

If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free

Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @hellsgod, @savoca, @squid2
Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and webart.

XDA:DevDB Information
blu_sp★rk onyx, Kernel for the OnePlus X

Contributors
eng.stk
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/engstk/onyx

Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky

Version Information
Current Stable Version: r164
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-09
Current Beta Version: r175 OOS 3.1.*
Beta Release Date: 2016-10-10

Created 2015-11-17
Last Updated 2016-10-14
The Following 252 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free

17th November 2015, 12:47 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51,992

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 It's up!
All right crew!

Some of you may know me from Nexus and other devices development in Code_Blue and blu_spark projects.
I decided to release the first kernel for my newest device, the OnePlus X.

I manage to do a nice and stable base, keep in mind that more stuff will come in the future, patience is a virtue
The Following 73 Users Say Thank You to eng.stk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eng.stk Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 01:01 PM |#3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Good to see the development going...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected] Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 01:20 PM |#4  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Awesome to see development has started, nice work

is USB fast charge like fast charging? for example samsung fast charging?
The Following User Says Thank You to Rossyyy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rossyyy Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 01:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Excellent news.
I used code_blue then blu_spark since I purchased my Nexus 5.
Glad to be able to use it on my Oneplus X now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to batam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift batam Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 01:54 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
just flashed and testing, thank you for your work
The Following User Says Thank You to Maelstr0m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Maelstr0m Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 02:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Now im just waiting for official TWRP.
17th November 2015, 02:31 PM |#8  
Flag Soliera
Thanks Meter: 583

Donate to Me
More
The return of Code Blue. Yeeees
The Following User Says Thank You to scafroglia93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scafroglia93 Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 03:14 PM |#9  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 82

More
A custom kernel already! Awesome! Thanks dev, gonna test this tonight
17th November 2015, 03:14 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossyyy

is USB fast charge like fast charging? for example samsung fast charging?

No, this means that USB charging on a computer USB port is faster as is maxes out the port - still (a lot) slower than with your wall plug, though.
The Following User Says Thank You to jim_bocho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jim_bocho Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 04:18 PM |#11  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Awesome, gonna root my phone right now
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread