- Powered by Ubuntu 16.04.1 x86_64 (sparky VPS @ www.servercore.com.br - thanks @ChristianLetti)
- Build with custom toolchain blu_naro-6.2 (cortex-a15 neon-vfpv4 hard-float targeted, build with latest Crosstool-NG from developer snapshot Linaro GCC 6.2-2016.09)
- Full -O3 support with device and target flags enhanced, linaro build improvements, etc
- Less is more: stockish builds based on android_kernel_oneplus_msm8974
- Kernel compressed with XZ, custom tweaked RAMdisk with GZIP (best size/efficiency ratio, faster boot, less CPU usage)
- Removed some debug and logging options
- ARM enhanced performance and battery patches
- Upstream and CAF fixes
- Several CPU Governors (blu_active own governor is default - fastlane mode available!)
- Voltage Control UV_mV_table (UV down to 675mV possible)
- Enhanced TCP methods (westwood is default), Network and Wifi tweaks
- Several I/O control (FIOPS is default), tweaked filesystems (F2FS, ExFAT, NTFS & CIFS)
- blu_plug: Dynamic Hotplug for onyx
- Disabled mpdecision
- Stock thermal driver by default, custom kernel driver available (check this)
- Optimized RWSEM, AES and SHA1 routines (with NEON support)
- CAF adaptive LMK
- Vibrator Strength tunable
- KGSL fixes and reworked GPU driver (goes to idle @ 27MHz), Adreno Idler GPU Governor on by default
- KCAL - Advanced color control for Qualcomm MDSS v2 (RGB calibration and post-processing features)
- USB Fast Charge (USB mode up to 900mA with MTP on)
- Battery/Notification LED control
- Multimount fstab (you can use data and cache partitions as f2fs or ext4)
- CDROM emulation added to mass_storage (full Drive Droid compatible)
- init.d support (put your scripts in /system/su.d or /su.su.d [systemless SuperSU])
- Compatible with Kernel Adiutor, Universal Kernel Manage and others
DOWNLOAD KERNEL ZIP
Warning: If you come from other kernel, you should dirty flash your ROM before flashing blu_sp★rk zip to avoid problems.
Reflash ROM -> flash SuperSU -> flash blu_sp★rk.
Also uninstall or clean data of any kernel control app you're using.
About bugs and troubleshoots: don't bother to post if a log isn't ready or without steps so the behavior can be replicated. I only active support stock OOS with NO mods whatsoever (apart from root). If you're using custom ROMs you're on your own, I'm only interested on debugging stuff in OOS.
Save the SOT and battery stats/screenshots for general threads, here we deal with development, not personal tastes and results.
Also don't spam this thread with CM or other ROMs stuff like "this don't work, my app doesn't open, etc" , no OT about OTAs, apps, ROM bugs and other userspace stuff. There's threads for it, use them.
This kernel installer modifies your filesystem, backup your boot.img and system.img with TWRP if you want to go back to full stock.
If you want to use F2FS, do the following (backup your data before attempt this, it will erase all your Data)
- Flash latest TWRP and flash latest blu_sp★rk zip
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Data -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
- Go to Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Select only Cache -> Repair/Format File system -> Change partition type to F2FS
- Reboot and profit
If you like my work, donations are always welcome (but not mandatory).
Don't forget to hit thanks, it's free
Thanks to @franciscofranco, @faux123, @LaboDJ @show-p1984, @flar2, @anarkia1976, @stratosk, @myfluxi, @Christopher83, @hellsgod, @savoca, @squid2
Special thanks to @DariosF and @ciprianruse88, for the friendship, initial push, knowledge and webart.
blu_sp★rk onyx, Kernel for the OnePlus X
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/engstk/onyx
Kernel Special Features: Powered by sparky
Current Stable Version: r164
Stable Release Date: 2016-08-09
Current Beta Version: r175 OOS 3.1.*
Beta Release Date: 2016-10-10
Last Updated 2016-10-14