[ROM][5.1.1][STABLE] CyanogenMod 12.1 for OnePlus X

Search This thread

Jude Aranha

May 15, 2015
Queens, NYC
Hi guys, I've been using this ROM for awhile and I've noticed one thing unusual: when I dirty flash a new release (wiping caches only) all my gapps disappear, even the ones who are not replaced by the "ROM stock app" (Play Services, Play Store, and so on). Is this normal? I've dirty flashed multiple times many ROMS on other phones and this never happened to me.
All I do is:
  • put the ROM .zip in the internal memory
  • reboot recovery
  • dirty flash the .zip
  • wipe caches
  • reboot
and then all is f**ked up. Then I must:
  • reboot recovery
  • flash GApps
  • wipe caches
  • reboot
and all seems to fix (apart from the clock app, for which I have to wipe data else it will force close every once in a while).
I'm using the mini OpenGApps pack and latest TWRP.

Thanks in advance.
You see, the ROM doesn't have any Google app included. Not even plays store or play services, so obviously when you flash a new ROM you're wiping the system partition then the new files are being copied to it again, and as I said, the new files won't contain Google apps, so they will be deleted, solution is to fash em again.

~Tapatalk'd v¡a my OnePlus X

Ishamael90

Aug 28, 2013
You see, the ROM doesn't have any Google app included. Not even plays store or play services, so obviously when you flash a new ROM you're wiping the system partition then the new files are being copied to it again, and as I said, the new files won't contain Google apps, so they will be deleted, solution is to fash em again.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.
So this is normal? Ok then, I'll get used to it.

I thought the System partition wouldn't be wiped with a dirty flash, but that the new ROM it's only written over the old one, replacing only the things it has by itself and keeping all the rest as it is.

Jude Aranha

May 15, 2015
Queens, NYC

I thought the System partition wouldn't be wiped with a dirty flash, but that the new ROM it's only written over the old one, replacing only the things it has by itself and keeping all the rest as it is.
The more you know ;)

Also, if it isnt obvious, Xposed, V4A or anything that modifies the system partition will have to be re flashed as well.

Willykit

Apr 30, 2011
Hi guys, I've been using this ROM for awhile and I've noticed one thing unusual: when I dirty flash a new release (wiping caches only) all my gapps disappear, even the ones who are not replaced by the "ROM stock app" (Play Services, Play Store, and so on). Is this normal? I've dirty flashed multiple times many ROMS on other phones and this never happened to me.
All I do is:
  • put the ROM .zip in the internal memory
  • reboot recovery
  • dirty flash the .zip
  • wipe caches
  • reboot
and then all is f**ked up. Then I must:
  • reboot recovery
  • flash GApps
  • wipe caches
  • reboot
and all seems to fix (apart from the clock app, for which I have to wipe data else it will force close every once in a while).
I'm using the mini OpenGApps pack and latest TWRP.

Thanks in advance.

You should always flash gapps again after a dirty flash/upgrade. You need to do that BEFORE reboot so that everything works fine and you don't have to re-enable all accounts from scratch.

xrallyx

Sep 16, 2012
EDIT: ok found it

p.s. Someone should add the vocal bug in the first post of the thread :)

Last edited:

calaiou

Nov 29, 2014

Sorry but why when i update the other rom cyanogen , i dont need flash gapps google
they remain installed
thanks for your reply

cdoublejj

Jun 17, 2008
does this rom fix the throttling issues that the stock firmware has? For those that don't know one of the latest youtube reviews wanted to see why games lag so bad and gpu and cpu usage was really low and it seems to be some sort of throttle bug.

Benjamin Dreyer

Dec 2, 2014
Using it as a daily driver for two weeks. Thanks, @MasterAwesome!

Couple issues I had so far:

1. Settings -> Gestures -> Haptic Feedback (turn it on), then go back to main settings screen and then, back to Gestures. Haptic Feedback setting is off.
2. Ambient Display woks when I lay phone down, not picking it up.
2.1. Is there any way to make "On device pick up" a separate option? I was on a bus yesterday and my screen kept randomly flashing the whole time.

Logcat shows nothing wrong for both issues.

Eradish

Nov 27, 2015
anyone else having issues with the ambient display?
- Some notifications don't light up my screen
- Other notifications light up, then go black and then light back up again (over and over again)

It could perfectly be me that messed up his settings since I'm new to android.
But I went thru the settings many times and can't get it to how i want it to be (light up once and then stay off with all notifications)

I'm using the latest build (V11, clean flashed)

BakaPhoenix

Jul 16, 2010
Roma

You are flashing a whole rom and not delta update.

dadaz007

Feb 6, 2012
Morteau
Google Pixel 6
In fact, gapps should stay after updates. Opengapps use the addon.d.

In /system, we have a directory called addon.d and there, we have some scripts files. Normally, updater-script should run these scripts to backup gapps (and others if there are others scripts) files somewhere, make the update (wipe /system, reflash new /system...) and then rerun the scripts to restore gapps (and others) files.

So maybe there is a problem with updater-script ?

I never updated this ROM, so I can tell. I only have my OPX since last week and directly flashed last 11S version.

Reactions: calaiou

knauji

Sep 13, 2015
Seoul
anyone else having issues with the ambient display?
- Some notifications don't light up my screen
- Other notifications light up, then go black and then light back up again (over and over again)

It could perfectly be me that messed up his settings since I'm new to android.
But I went thru the settings many times and can't get it to how i want it to be (light up once and then stay off with all notifications)

I'm using the latest build (V11, clean flashed)

It used to not work in the first few builds. maybe it is still buggy.

On OOS, a notification lights up my screen 5 or 6 times before it stays off. On H2OS it only does light up once.

I also wish we could configure how many times it should do that...

koen12333

Nov 27, 2015
does this rom fix the throttling issues that the stock firmware has? For those that don't know one of the latest youtube reviews wanted to see why games lag so bad and gpu and cpu usage was really low and it seems to be some sort of throttle bug.

It seems that it has become better with this rom. (Running 11.0s with its own kernel). I've played Real Racing 3 for some time with no stutters. I also see the GPU performance drops a bit when testing in 3D mark, compared to OOS2.1.3-x.

This is a related question I would like to ask: why is the GPU performance less than I expected. The OPX has an Adreno 330 @ 578 MHz, it's performing significantly less than my frends Adreno 330 @ 450MHz in his Galaxy Note 3 (in 3D mark, Sling Shot ES3.0)

Reactions: cdoublejj

Fatsodonkey

Apr 22, 2011
It seems that it has become better with this rom. (Running 11.0s with its own kernel). I've played Real Racing 3 for some time with no stutters. I also see the GPU performance drops a bit when testing in 3D mark, compared to OOS2.1.3-x.

This is a related question I would like to ask: why is the GPU performance less than I expected. The OPX has an Adreno 330 @ 578 MHz, it's performing significantly less than my frends Adreno 330 @ 450MHz in his Galaxy Note 3 (in 3D mark, Sling Shot ES3.0)

With bluspark and undervolting i think cm12.1 gets way better. The device runs way too hot for me with cm stock kernel. But this is way too OT to discuss here...

eng.stk

Mar 29, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
OnePlus 9 Pro
In fact, gapps should stay after updates. Opengapps use the addon.d.

In /system, we have a directory called addon.d and there, we have some scripts files. Normally, updater-script should run these scripts to backup gapps (and others if there are others scripts) files somewhere, make the update (wipe /system, reflash new /system...) and then rerun the scripts to restore gapps (and others) files.

So maybe there is a problem with updater-script ?

I never updated this ROM, so I can tell. I only have my OPX since last week and directly flashed last 11S version.

Alttough backup/restore stuff is present, it has to be enabled in ROM build to work.
I think it's disabled because liek you said, the scripts in addon.d are not doing nothing and all the gapps and stuff need to be flashed every build.

Reactions: calaiou

dadaz007

Feb 6, 2012
Morteau
Google Pixel 6
Ok don't know that. I only know that in ROM zip file, there is a directory called install which is extract before /system update and contain 3 files that are use to backup and in updater-script there are these lines :

run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "backup");

and after /system update

run_program("/tmp/install/bin/backuptool.sh", "restore");

Thanks for the info.

AndreSantos93

Jan 29, 2016
Hello,

I've been using this ROM since the 25th December, 2015, and everything is working fine except for 2 annoying things:
-> When I call someone, or someone calls me, they always complain about a lot of noise and a sort of echo (In the beggining of January it stopped for a while and I thought it was fixed but now it's back)
-> The second one is harder to explain, I can connect to wi-fi at home, and pretty much everywhere else, but I cannot connect to the wi-fi network at my university... Everytime I try to connect the "Settings" app simply shuts down. I've asked around and nobody at the university has ever come up with such a problem, not even the guys from tech support

Is there any fixes for these problems?

lge73

Feb 20, 2010
100% battery bug solved

Flashed new blu_spark_r88-CM-5.1.1_onyx_407a78c8.zip kernel, and the annoying 100% battery bug seems gone!:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for OnePlus X (E1001/E1003/E1005)

cyanogenmod-logo-01.jpg

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
    WARNING:
    "Your warranty may become void.
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, and any kind of problems in your little life of yours.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you."

This is an unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 build I developed for OnePlus X.

Custom kernels are not compatible with this ROM unless otherwise noted. I will not provide support if you install a custom kernel.

What doesn't work

• Report with logs

What works

• Boot
    • WiFi
    • Hotspot
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • RIL (DUAL-SIM)
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • Tri State keys
    • Mobile data
    • proximity sensor
    • Gestures
    • FM
    • Google Now voice detection.

Source code:
    Device tree
    Kernel
    Vendor

Downloads:
    ROM
    Build 1.0s - STABLE
    Build 2.0s - STABLE
    Build 3.0s - STABLE (MIRROR)
    Build 4.0s - STABLE
    Build 5.0s - STABLE
    Build 6.0s - STABLE | ([URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24341993505161536"]MIRROR)[/URL]
    Build 7.0s - STABLE
    Build 8.0s - STABLE
    Build 9.0s - STABLE
    Build 10.0s - STABLE
    Build 11.0s - STABLE
    Build 12.0s - STABLE | ([URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24391638059060298"]MIRROR)[/URL]
    Build 13.0s - STABLE

Recovery
    CM-recovery.img
    recovery-twrp.img

Installation instructions (for first-time installation):
    • BACKUP USING TWRP
    • Use the recovery(Either TWRP or CM) provided in the download section.
    • Flash the recovery
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
      Code:
      adb reboot recovery
    • Clear data/factory reset
    • Clear cache
    • Flash the ROM provided in the downloads section

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    MasterAwesome
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 13.0s
    Stable Release Date: 2016-03-08

Created 2015-11-21
    Last Updated 2016-03-08
    Good news

FIXED AUDIO

Everything is fixed now I guess. I'll let you guys test it for a while and change the revision to 'BETA'. New build coming soon.
    New Build Added

Build 6.0s - STABLE

Changelog
    • lights: Remove button backlight feature
    • Enable OTG by default
    • Fix vibration for capacitive buttons
    • Remove button backlight
    • Re-enabled ambient display(pick-up device to show notification works)
    • Misc performance related tweaks.

Cheers
    Good news

Mobile data is fixed.
    Builds will now be unified.(E1001/E1003/E1005)
    New BUILD released

Changelog
    • GPS Fixed
    • LEDs fixed
    • Battery stats work
    • OTG might work (need testers)

Download link
    Build 2.0s - STABLE