By ashwin007, Senior Member on 15th September 2016, 03:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2016, 06:49 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchrono

Opengapps pico

That's what i did afterwards, now i installed all my favourite google apps from play store, not fast, but it's the easyest way at the moment. I disabled most of the default apps (AOSP ?) from settings menu, to not have duplicates

Now it seems everything works
The Following User Says Thank You to BillyHalley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillyHalley Ad-Free

26th September 2016, 02:38 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyHalley

Hi all,
first i would like to say that i loved how @ashwin007 worked on CM13, so as soon as i saw he started working on CM14 i tried flashing his rom.

So i want to share with you, in particular with less experienced users ( i'll include myself in this ), my experience so far.

My main concern was google apps, i like them, so i flashed OpenGapps Stock ( i like to have everything i need without worrying if i forgot to install some specific app )
This failed, google play services crashed and i couldn't set up an account.

Before flashing ashwin's CM14 i tried Sarthak Narang's CM14 and he suggested to flash Banks gapps

So i clean flashed again ashwin's rom, flashed bank gapps, and now i was able to add my 3 different google accounts.

I still wanted all the useless google apps, so i went and flashed OpenGapps and now play services works.

So:
1) Flash Rom ( cm-14.0-20160914-UNOFFICIAL-onyx.zip )
2)Flash BanksGapps ( banks_dynamic_gapps-7.x.x-20160921.zip )
2b) Login with google accounts
3)Flash OpenGapps Stock ( open_gapps-arm-7.0-stock-20160925.zip )

Now, what works?
Everything listed in OP ( i still haven't tried everything, but we can trust ashwin )
GPS, with google maps it seems to work for me

I can download from play store, i installed whatsapp, telegram and they work, i tried with a game to see if google play games would recognise the account, Clash Royale works.

Some Google apps have some problems:
Gmail: can't open emails, i think i can get notifications though.
Google App ( search, now, google assistant)

Maybe there's something I didn't notice, or forgot, still I hope this can help someone

EDIT:

The more i use google apps, the more i find that they don't work ( i can't open any content, i can see emails, but i can't open them, i can see keep notes, but can't open )

So I'll try some other solutions

So your gps works fine? Even in Waze? Because from sarthak narang one, using google map or Waze are able to detect my location, but once I set the place that I wanna go, my location always stay there. Can I know if you experience this?
26th September 2016, 09:03 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How long do we have to wait for the next update ? Any ideas guys ?
26th September 2016, 10:28 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadnanrulz

How long do we have to wait for the next update ? Any ideas guys ?

What about "no ETAs"?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to articuz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift articuz Ad-Free
26th September 2016, 12:08 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Lim

So your gps works fine? Even in Waze? Because from sarthak narang one, using google map or Waze are able to detect my location, but once I set the place that I wanna go, my location always stay there. Can I know if you experience this?

Well, i tried more, waze can't find a location at all
Google maps finds the location pretty well, but when in navigation mode it won't move.
So I guess GPS doesn't really work, but we won't get lost if using google maps
29th September 2016, 10:18 PM |#106  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Had a chance to try out google maps today, GPS is working for me. The data indicator in status bar fluctuates often but during a call there aren't any issues. This rom "will kill"
30th September 2016, 12:31 AM |#107  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can i go back to cm13 after installing this ROM? Or i will have to stay at android 7? Thank you un advance
30th September 2016, 02:01 AM |#108  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 2,305

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmaster

Can i go back to cm13 after installing this ROM? Or i will have to stay at android 7? Thank you un advance

You can go back to any ROM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adesh15 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adesh15 Ad-Free
30th September 2016, 09:02 AM |#109  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masmaster

As already said you can switch to any ROM, even older versions, but you always need to wipe everything before flashing a different ROM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BillyHalley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BillyHalley Ad-Free
2nd October 2016, 09:35 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 431

Donate to Me
More
GPS FIX
Hi! Here is GPS fix for CM14, just flash it in recovery and you are done Before it, make backup for sure :P
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	gps.jpg
Views:	992
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	3892327  
Attached Files
File Type: zip gps_fix_cm.zip - [Click for QR Code] (344.1 KB, 1138 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to somin.n For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift somin.n Ad-Free
3rd October 2016, 09:03 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by somin.n

Hi! Here is GPS fix for CM14, just flash it in recovery and you are done Before it, make backup for sure :P

Works awesome, Thanks great to have full working gps again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)