Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Manthan Gohil

Jun 9, 2013
Vadodara
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7
Yes, all the features of Sultan's camera will be supported here. I have to debug a few more things and work out some issues first. Built 15 times yesterday to test camera stuff, and got kinda far so I hope for the best. It'll get fixed
I totally appreciate your efforts into this. I'll surely check out the next build for camera and LTE issues with log. Wish you good luck:good:

Reactions: CertifiedBlyndGuy

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
I totally appreciate your efforts into this. I'll surely check out the next build for camera and LTE issues with log. Wish you good luck:good:

Well, I think I fixed LTE by going back to OOS 3s RIL. The camera is getting closer. I've been working with Dan and I contacted freshgiammi about it so hopefully it'll be soon. I will be releasing an update later today with at least the RIL fixed

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
New build!

*Fixed the camera (you can thank @freshgiammi). I just fixed manual stuff that wasn't there for some reason
*Inclusion of Sultan's version of Snap (not for long as it doesn't work for other devices)
*RIL is fixed now. We are using the version from OOS 3
*We are now using Sultan's blobs. Clean flash is needed even from the previous build!
*I merged a few CAF patches from the latest tag into our kernel as well as some things for the camera driver that we need in order for it to work properly

Enjoy! As for Candy itself, I haven't added anything new to it yet. I still have to test a few things on Gerrit, and fix stuffs. I just merged a few fixes that should aid stability. Enjoy everyone! Sorry for the poor start

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
unfortunately, after flashing latest build it is not detecting my sim, If u want me i will get logcat when i will go back home.

That would be really useful. I don't have a SIM so I can't test it. I figured switching to the libril provided by OOS 3 would fix it, but I guess not. That's unfortunate. Thanks for the help

nikhilsnigam

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    503.9 KB · Views: 26
  • last_kmsg.txt
    82 KB · Views: 15

Mithrandir_

Jul 24, 2013
Update!
*Pretty sure I fixed the RIL
*The file system type for external media is now displayed in storage settings
*Downloads now acts like a file manager
*Fixed several NPEs in our frameworks
*We now use our own version of Snap

Good but...Tuga browser is still crashing sometimes and, why can't i find Mario Run on the Play Store? D:

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
Good but...Tuga browser is still crashing sometimes and, why can't i find Mario Run on the Play Store? D:

I'll get that fixed. They released a new alpha. Mario Run doesn't support this device without changing the prop to signify another device like the pixel which I won't do. K9 Mail will also be added soon too to replace the terrible Mail app

You could always give apkmirror a try though. I'm sure its there. Trustworthy site too. APKs are straight from Google Play

Last edited:
Reactions: goryan

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010
Will try new build ASAP, but it will certainly be for this WE.....

PS : On LOS, I use Notification Slider app (that needs SELinuxMode permissive) and it's really usefull to configure the alert slider.
It's something that would be great to have in a custom Rom.

nikhilsnigam

Nov 25, 2013
Mumbai

PS : On LOS, I use Notification Slider app (that needs SELinuxMode permissive) and it's really usefull to configure the alert slider.

You can use selinux mode changer app.

@CertifiedBlyndGuy
Sorry for not providing logs because I am on another rom right now but yesterday when I tried the latest build screen off gestures were not working and also video recording wasn't working past 2 to 3 seconds. Camera app would fc.

Last edited:

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro

Unfortunately I don't think I will ship Candy permissive as it opens up security vulnerabilities and I'd rather not go down that path. What features does it add by chance? I might be able to do something

Kéno40

Nov 1, 2010

I know.
I had some Playgoogle notification since a few days and it ask me to uninstall the app.
That's why I now use a module for Magisk that does it automatically. Not sure it's safer then...

My point was just that the notification slider wit deep customisation is really a cool feature !

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Unfortunately I don't think I will ship Candy permissive as it opens up security vulnerabilities and I'd rather not go down that path. What features does it add by chance? I might be able to do something
You can set each position to a lot of stuff for ex : launch camera, torch, vibrate only, only alarms, and normal settings priority, sound, No sound at all.... You can affect to each one a toast icon.
And you can create some profiles for the slider. For ex, I've got one with loud sounds and one with low sound (with a case as Icon) for work. Vibrate as a third option.

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro
I know.
I had some Playgoogle notification since a few days and it ask me to uninstall the app.
That's why I now use a module for Magisk that does it automatically. Not sure it's safer then...

My point was just that the notification slider wit deep customisation is really a cool feature !

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

You can set each position to a lot of stuff for ex : launch camera, torch, vibrate only, only alarms, and normal settings priority, sound, No sound at all.... You can affect to each one a toast icon.
And you can create some profiles for the slider. For ex, I've got one with loud sounds and one with low sound (with a case as Icon) for work. Vibrate as a third option.

Thanks. I'll see what I can do.

Reactions: Kéno40

CertifiedBlyndGuy

Jun 11, 2014
Denver
OnePlus 9 Pro

@CertifiedBlyndGuy
Sorry for not providing logs because I am on another rom right now but yesterday when I tried the latest build screen off gestures were not working and also video recording wasn't working past 2 to 3 seconds. Camera app would fc.

Okay so I found the recording issue to be a problem of Snap and not the HAL itself. I'll get around to fixing it. For now, Footej works. The gestures are currently broken on Slim as the mapping is wrong but I'll just fix it myself. They've had it broken forever now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pnVJDW5.png

This is Candy7. Built straight from source with commits from a variety of different sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM. We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

2e8esupa.jpg

@gimmeitorilltell @NoSpamDan @kdp162 @CertifiedBlyndGuy @rohitporoli @axxx007xxxz @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @javelinanddart @calebcabob

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES/KERNELS

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps, and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Recents:
    -Multi-window
    -OmniSwitch
    -Immersive mode
    -Clear all button
    -Memory bar
    Advanced power menu:
    -On The Go Mode
    -Screen record
    -Adjustable dialog background shade
    -Sound panel
    Expanded desktop
    Lockscreen:
    -Battery charging current overlay
    -Adjustable shortcuts
    -Weather (OmniJaws)
    Statusbar settings:
    -Ticker (disable heads up when in use)
    -Weather panel
    -Clock/battery configuration
    -Traffic indicators
    -Quick settings tile config
    -Immersive messages
    -Force expanded notifications
    -Carrier label
    -Tap to sleep
    Buttons settings:
    -Long-press/double-tap actions
    -Volume rocker
    -Playback control
    -Volume key answer
    -Disable HW keys
    Pie control
    Navigation bar:
    -Adjust colors
    -Smartbar/fling
    -Pulse
    Screenshots:
    -three-finger swipe
    -adjust framing
    Snapdragon Music & Gallery
    TugaBrowser
    Substratum
    Magisk
    Night Light
    A pretty cool dark theme
    SlimLauncher
    Slim's configurable gesture setup

More is to come, we are never done...

Flashing Steps <you really shouldn't need these>:

Coming from another ROM
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Download 7.1.1 GApps (optional - See Post #2))
    3) Boot into recovery (TWRP/MR)
    4) Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    5) Flash Candy7.zip
    6) Flash GApps
    7) Reboot

Updating from a previous CandySeven release
    1) Download Candy7.zip (See Post #2)
    2) Boot into recovery
    3) Flash Candy7.zip
    4) Wipe Dalvik cache and cache
    5) Reboot

IMPORTANT - PROBLEMS/ISSUES:
    If you have issues, I need the following:
    1. Logs from you (logcat, last_kmsg, dmesg) linked to on pastebin.com or hasteb.in, showing the failure.
    2. A clear description of the steps that I need to take to exactly reproduce the problem.
    Please DO NOT complain about problems and offer nothing to help fix it. I reserve the right to ignore you for not following insructions...

NO ETA REQUESTS!

* See Post #2 for Downloads

* See Post #3 for FAQ/Known Issues

-Please give the first boot a good few minutes.
    -Still in a beta stage with new additions and fixes being added constantly...

Special thanks to LineageOS, SlimRoms, Omni, GZR, AOSPA, and all the rest who make their source open. We can't do this on our own.

Additionally, I would like to personally thank @NoSpamDan & @freshgiammi for helping with getting Sultan's HAL working elsewhere. A huge thanks to @Sultanxda as well for his brilliant work on the camera HAL, and for making it open source. It's greatly appreciated!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy7 - Onyx - Sultan's cam, ROM for the OnePlus X

Contributors
    CertifiedBlyndGuy, gimmeitorilltell, NoSpamDan, freshgiammi, Sultanxda
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP+CAF

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.3
    Stable Release Date: 2017-04-16
    Current Beta Version: v3.2
    Beta Release Date: 2017-03-25

Created 2017-03-26
    Last Updated 2017-04-24
    Hey guys. Figured I'd let you all know why I've been quiet lately. Recently there was q bug in CAF that broke WiFi on legacy devices. I spent the last two weeks fixing it and trying to figure out what was wrong. After a bit of testing, only 1-2 bugs remain. Everything else works on Paranoid.

You will see my work from Paranoid on Candy after I release. Here are some things to look forward to:

I've taken the code from a driver by mgr666 called AutoSMP. It includes patches from Dorimanx and Neobuddy and also does a way better job than CPUQuiet and the MPDecision binary throughout our tests. Cores come on less frequently, it boosts to a more conservative frequency, and boosts cores on input as well; something the PowerHAL does not support. This driver has been tuned by me for optimum performance and battery life. It is working really really well and I look forward to showcasing it here in my new kernel.

Interactive has been fine tuned for optimum usage using the basis of the guide created for Bullhead. It performs very very well and doesn't unnecessarily ramp up the CPU speed. These tunings with Blu Active will become the default here

The OOS 3 kernel I'm now using has been merged with the latest CAF tags and has a more up to date version of F2FS unseen in any kernel for Onyx to date. It will also allow for updates from 3.10 as well.

Paranoid will ship with double tao to sleep on the statusbar. I implemented it today with the help of the team. We removed a lot of junk from Cyanogen

You may see performance profiles too ;)

Exclusive to Candy:

Thanks to @YumeMichi, the camer a HAL has been merged with OOS 3 sources

I will be adding perfd back. It is very useful for load statistics and sends the information to the Power HAL which I will revamp

Snapdragon Camera from Paranoid will become the default camera app

Several other changes are coming as well. Keep am eye on the Gerrit

Candy will not be updated for a week or so after the release of Paranoid
    Guys.. I just can't do this right now. My life is a mess. I'll be back when it all blows over. For now, I'm closing this thread. I tried contacting a few people about the build server and never heard back, I don't have my computer any more, and my family is a mess. Real life comes first. I am so sorry. I will re open the thread as soon as I come back but I just can't do this right now.
    Thank you all for the support through all of this. I am resuming work on Candy and a new build will be around in the next few days. Paranoid Android should come around soon too now that I have fixed every caveat. I am simply waiting on them to do their magic and a confirmation on gestures. Candy has been falling a bit behind with updates so I hope you all understand if it takes me another 1-2 weeks to get things back to normalcy along with security updates. I will now clean the thread. If I have marked your post as OT do not feel offended. I simply want to leave a piece of my past behind. Thank you all. Builds will start up soon again. It is great to be back... Though I do wish some would apply themselves that much more to learn what goes on here. XDA is for developers, by developers... It is the users job to understand what we as developers do. This is not a sharing platform. It is a development platform
    Pushing security updates right now. You'll get an update tomorrow with an update for ewok

Update: I am really sorry everyone, but a few of us have things we are working on finishing up like OmniJaws. A few DMs discovered that configuring the menu shortcut does not work for them either so we have to look into that too. Rest assured that a lot of time has been spent in making this the best release of Candy to date. Another thing, I noticed the ridiculous amount of thanks I got for just saying that an update would be pushed, but that's not really helping anyone or fixing anything. I'd like to earn it through my work, and not just what by what I say as I could literally say anything and it could be complete fallacy. You should take this approach with other developers as well. We do not deserve thanks for saying things... We deserve it for doing the work that we do and explaining how things work. Words alone should not be enough so feel free to retract your thanks; it's just a number that's supposed to be reflective of work, and XDA is a place for development. Not drama or fallacies