FORUMS

Asus OnHub AC1900 & AT&T U-Verse Pace 2WIRE 3801HGV Issue

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By Legobricke, Senior Member on 27th January 2016, 03:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Ok... Loving the OnHub but have the following issues and can seem to get resolve.

AT&T Modem/Router has the following attached:
1 - Computer (Windows XP) - Ethernet
1 - OnHub - Ethernet
1 - WD MyCloud Drive - Ethernet

WiFi is turned off and the OnHub is set up in the DMZ+

OnHub Router has the following connected:
Nexus 7
Nexus Player
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Chromecast

Here are my issues.:
1.) The computer can't connect to the HP printer for printing.... It doesn't see it at all and can't locate it... I have tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing. Can't re-install because it can't find it. I have even tried using the ip address of the printer.... No go....

2.) None of my wireless devices can see the WD MyCloud.... If I change the MyCLoud cable from the AT&T Pace unit and go direct into the OnHub, these devices can connect, but then my computer can not see it or access it.

Any Ideas?

Lego
29th January 2016, 04:21 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I had the same problem with my brother printer. I ended up just connecting the cable to the computer.
29th January 2016, 10:03 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jupiter
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattap

I had the same problem with my brother printer. I ended up just connecting the cable to the computer.

That's what I have currently done... But, I'm looking for a more correct solution.... I know I haven't set something properly... Just not sure what that might be...

Strange that the MyCloud will work casting to the nexus player if I use my phone, but if I try to access it direct from the Nexus player, no dice!
23rd June 2016, 01:49 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i have hp envy 5530 and prints wireless using a smartphone or a laptop and it works ok, even my visitors that is connected to our wifi managed to print using her laptop, i found this issue when i connect my hp to onhub guest instead of the main onhub

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using XDA-Developers mobile app
18th August 2017, 05:10 AM |#5  
Flag Hanover, Ontario
Thanks Meter: 369

More
Sorry to bring this back up. You need to connect everything to the OnHub only then the OnHub to your At&t modem. You'll need a switch since the OnHub has only one lan Ethernet port. Then your issues will be fixed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)