Thanks Meter: 38

By Dolphin87, Senior Member on 30th August 2015, 06:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Please Share your feedback to help current and future owners of the router
1st September 2015, 01:47 AM |#2  
Flag Hilton Head Island, SC
Thanks Meter: 22

More
The setup was super easy. Wifi range is much better than the Asus RT-AC66U it replaced. The standard Ethernet cable doesn't fit if you want to keep the outer cover on. The included cables are too short and the power cable is also too short. Otherwise it works well.
The Following User Says Thank You to coastalmikey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift coastalmikey Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 02:44 AM |#3  
Flag Sudbury
Thanks Meter: 740

Donate to Me
More
I don't like how some "unnamed devices" show up with no IP address in the list of connected devices... how is that even possible? I get if those devices are connected with a set static IP on the device, but if they are assigned via DHCP the IP address *should* show up (I have a LinksysPAP VoIP device set to DHCP that would not show the IP and just shows up as an unnamed device).

Other than that... great device so far, easy to set up. Love the app and the LED light on the top.
1st September 2015, 03:31 PM |#4  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 638

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexcyn

I don't like how some "unnamed devices" show up with no IP address in the list of connected devices... how is that even possible? I get if those devices are connected with a set static IP on the device, but if they are assigned via DHCP the IP address *should* show up (I have a LinksysPAP VoIP device set to DHCP that would not show the IP and just shows up as an unnamed device).

Other than that... great device so far, easy to set up. Love the app and the LED light on the top.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive tomorrow. Do the "unnamed devices" at least show the mac address, so you can identify what they are? I've been curious about how much control I'd have over settings, ip, etc... I'm currently running a Buffalo router with DD-WRT.
1st September 2015, 03:35 PM |#5  
Flag Sudbury

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrman

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive tomorrow. Do the "unnamed devices" at least show the mac address, so you can identify what they are? I've been curious about how much control I'd have over settings, ip, etc... I'm currently running a Buffalo router with DD-WRT.

Yes they all at least show the MAC - but that's about it. You can set a static IP and forward ports... but not much else. It's a very simple interface, but I'm assuming it was built that way. I have a feeling as their app evolves they will add more control.
The Following User Says Thank You to lexcyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexcyn Ad-Free
1st September 2015, 04:02 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Can you guys post some screenshots ?
1st September 2015, 04:22 PM |#7  
Flag Sudbury

Donate to Me
More
Here's a screenshot of the "unnamed device" I was talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1441120874038.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	3459126  
The Following User Says Thank You to lexcyn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lexcyn Ad-Free
2nd September 2015, 02:32 AM |#8  
Flag 5280
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Not great here. I'm getting 1/3 of my speed on wifi and 1/10th hard wired compared to my linksys wrt-ac1900. Tech support was pretty responsive and are looking into it. I'm running gigabit fiber. The range seems decent and setup was easy.
3rd September 2015, 04:45 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Anyone to from a time capsule to this? Wondering if it would be worth the switch.
3rd September 2015, 07:41 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Unboxing and set up

http://youtu.be/MW8VeWdCo0I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dolphin87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dolphin87 Ad-Free
4th September 2015, 12:12 AM |#11  
Flag 615
Thanks Meter: 46

More
  • No way to add devices that use WPS (not a huge deal).
  • Security is not configurable (not a deal breaker, just interesting)
  • No web-based interface
  • No DDNS client (not a huge deal)
  • No way to view uPnP mappings

The single ethernet port in the back is kind of a drag, but it wasn't an issue for me. Also standard cables will not fit with the cover on.

The "unnamed device" thing is kind of annoying (makes setting up static DHCP entries a hassle) but it's not a huge deal. It would be cool to be able to name these explicitly from within the app.

Setup was easy and quick. Seems to work well, no drop-outs so far.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)