FORUMS

Nova Launcher Lag in Loading Home Screen

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By MangoBento, Junior Member on 25th June 2020, 03:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Not sure if anyone else is using Nova Launcher, but I've noticed an issue where most of the time when going back to the home screen from an app, it will take a few seconds for all the icons to show back up.

Never had this issue on my Pixel and also the stock ColorOS launcher doesn't have this issue. Anyone else been experiencing this?

Might swap back to stock for now, but I really like the folders in the app drawer for Nova.
1st July 2020, 01:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I noticed this a lot when I first switched to Nova, try Settings | app management | app list | nova launcher | power saver | run in background
That seems to have stopped it, for the most part at least.
1st July 2020, 01:58 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Yeah I tried doing that, makes it happen less frequently, but still happened enough to annoy me (even tried switching to the default icon pack but still nothing)

Oh well, stock launcher is honestly pretty good anyway, I do like the extra flexibility in Nova though.
2nd July 2020, 12:42 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count_Duckula

I noticed this a lot when I first switched to Nova, try Settings | app management | app list | nova launcher | power saver | run in background
That seems to have stopped it, for the most part at least.

I think I may have figured it out!

I made another thread earlier about adding apps to the "locked" list in multitasking by going Settings > Additional Settings > Recent Tasks Manager.

This stops apps from reloading/restarting often, hadn't tried it with Nova before as I worked this out after deleting it, but re-installed it and tried now and it seems to be going strong
7th July 2020, 05:24 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I haven't noticed it occur again in the last week or so after setting nova to run in background, if I do I'll give that other setting a try
18th July 2020, 01:09 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
This phone is just laggy, full stop, I could understand in the browser, but it drops frames just opening apps and swiping on things, maybe Oppo is throttling the 665 or 665 isn't good, I'll be getting a g8 power with same chip to compare
18th July 2020, 01:18 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by For_itembine

This phone is just laggy, full stop, I could understand in the browser, but it drops frames just opening apps and swiping on things, maybe Oppo is throttling the 665 or 665 isn't good, I'll be getting a g8 power with same chip to compare

The phone becomes very noticeably faster if you turn on high performance mode, I've personally had no issues.
18th July 2020, 01:49 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Phone feels more responsive lowered touch response settings

https://imgur.com/a/OLU9JIX
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)