[ROM] [6.0.x] Official CyanogenMod 13.0 Nightly Builds Oppo N3

Search This thread

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe system, data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• - fingerprint sensor will likely never work in CM
  • - camera is less features than stock colorOS
  • - ?

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel
Please also provide instructions to reproduce your issue.

Downloads

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Oppo N3: ROM @http://get.cm/?device=n3

Recovery Links

TWRP

Google apps addon:
Recommend GAPPS but there's plenty of options here.

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogenmod 13.0 Oppo N3, ROM for the Oppo N3

Contributors
jrior001
Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
Current Beta Version: Nightly

Created 2016-02-22
Last Updated 2016-03-01

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
Hey there bud. Great to know that there's still people out there working for the N3. This is a hopeless device, not even Lollipop support from Oppo despite being a flagship device once, so thanks a lot.

I'm currently on CM12.1 although the camera doesn't perform as well as on ColorOS and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work either, although pressing the button on the sensor does brightness up the screen and turn the capacitive buttons' light on when pressed.

Anyway, I'd love to try CM 13.0, but I'd want to know the major bugs on this release from you. Also, do let me know if I can be of any help. This is a beast of a device, let down by the abysmal software from Oppo. Will surely give it a shot if the bugs are bearable :) Thanks again for working on the N3!

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Hey there bud. Great to know that there's still people out there working for the N3. This is a hopeless device, not even Lollipop support from Oppo despite being a flagship device once, so thanks a lot.

I'm currently on CM12.1 although the camera doesn't perform as well as on ColorOS and the fingerprint sensor doesn't work either, although pressing the button on the sensor does brightness up the screen and turn the capacitive buttons' light on when pressed.

Anyway, I'd love to try CM 13.0, but I'd want to know the major bugs on this release from you. Also, do let me know if I can be of any help. This is a beast of a device, let down by the abysmal software from Oppo. Will surely give it a shot if the bugs are bearable :) Thanks again for working on the N3!
Fingerprint/camera are mostly the same issues from cm12.1. I have not attempted device encryption yet, and I doubt our available twrp build would be able to decrypt. Other than that this build is pretty much fully functional. I have had a few intermittent issues with audio and touchscreen wakeup but mid kernel rebase so that will all get cleaned up shortly. I've actually been running this for 2 months trying to get camera working (just fixed a few days ago).

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
Fingerprint/camera are mostly the same issues from cm12.1. I have not attempted device encryption yet, and I doubt our available twrp build would be able to decrypt. Other than that this build is pretty much fully functional. I have had a few intermittent issues with audio and touchscreen wakeup but mid kernel rebase so that will all get cleaned up shortly. I've actually been running this for 2 months trying to get camera working (just fixed a few days ago).

Okay, great to hear. I've done my bit of research on the N3's fingerprint sensor and I'm not sure if it would be helpful in trying to fix it or not, but do let me know if you'd want to hear about it

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
good to see that the device still gets cm13. Thanks for your great work.

you can check also the source for Lenovo ZUK Z1 they have the same processor and it has FS too.

Both devices may have the same processor, but I doubt they use the same fingerprint sensor. The N3 uses the FPC1021, also used in the Gionee E8 and maybe the Lenovo Vibe X3 too. I wish we could somehow help OP in finding the sources/drivers for the FPC1021 fingerprint sensor

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
Okay, here's something very weird that happened yesterday. I started the camera by pressing the power button twice and the phone shut down by itself and then reboot. The phone was stuck in a bootloop. I could access TWRP, and I tried everything, right from factory resetting the phone to reflashing both, CM13 and CM12.1. Absolutely nothing helped, as the phone just couldn't go beyond the Oppo logo.

I had to install the stock Oppo recovery again in Fastboot mode, wipe the internal storage and reflash a boring ColorOS stock rom again. I'm still not sure what happened. 5 years of flashing experience and I've never known any simple system app function that could soft brick a phone so badly.

Looking forward to hearing from OP about this before I can get back to CM13, it would be great. Btw, CM13 was absolutely fantastic in the 20 minutes I could use it for before ending up with that vicious brick. Really looking forward to a more stable version. Keep up the great work, dev! Thanks!

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Okay, here's something very weird that happened yesterday. I started the camera by pressing the power button twice and the phone shut down by itself and then reboot. The phone was stuck in a bootloop. I could access TWRP, and I tried everything, right from factory resetting the phone to reflashing both, CM13 and CM12.1. Absolutely nothing helped, as the phone just couldn't go beyond the Oppo logo.

I had to install the stock Oppo recovery again in Fastboot mode, wipe the internal storage and reflash a boring ColorOS stock rom again. I'm still not sure what happened. 5 years of flashing experience and I've never known any simple system app function that could soft brick a phone so badly.

Looking forward to hearing from OP about this before I can get back to CM13, it would be great. Btw, CM13 was absolutely fantastic in the 20 minutes I could use it for before ending up with that vicious brick. Really looking forward to a more stable version. Keep up the great work, dev! Thanks!

Not happy to hear this but I've also never experienced it. Please keep in mind we are working off a massive kernel rebase to support 6.0 and things may not be ideal at times. I have been running 6.0 on N3 for a few months now but only in the last week have I had the camera functional.

Also fwiw the stock colorOS rom should flash in the newer TWRP builds, I made sure that worked myself.

Without some kind of log I'm at a loss as to what happened here. If any randomish reboot happens I need /proc/last_kmsg to have any chance of deciphering why it rebooted.

Reactions: SufiSam

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
Thanks a lot for your response, bud. The N3 is my daily driver, so I couldn't mess around too much. I waited for a bit, then flashed stock ColorOS right away, because I need the phone, especially on this busy weekend. I think I was using an older version of TWRP, so I'm not sure whether that could be a problem either. I'm going to try and get back on CM 13 sometime today, and see how it goes this time.

Once again, thanks a ton for working on this phone. I thought it was completely dead. Oppo are really bad at supporting any devices except the Find 7. Let me know if I can help in any way, I'd be more than happy to be of any help

Reactions: jrior001

SufiSam

Jun 30, 2011
Thane, Mumbai
This may be a silly question Jason, but I see all these new builds popping up on your website for the N3, but I can't seem to find any kind of a nightly changelog on either cmxlog.com or even review.cyanogenmod.org. Is there any way we could perhaps see what changes are being made?

Reactions: jrior001

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
This may be a silly question Jason, but I see all these new builds popping up on your website for the N3, but I can't seem to find any kind of a nightly changelog on either cmxlog.com or even review.cyanogenmod.org. Is there any way we could perhaps see what changes are being made?

Ah, I never updated the thread here. I got official nightlies turned on so fresh builds should be hitting http://get.cm/?device=n3 now. Change log will be back w/ota in the built in updater.

Reactions: SufiSam

Don.Archon

Feb 26, 2010
the phone shut down by itself and then reboot. The phone was stuck in a bootloop.
Got the same problem here. There was CM12 before, and ColorOS. But after flashing CM13 and that error, i cant flash any AOSP roms. Just ColorOS. And got permanent wifi and proximity sensor issues. They doesn't work anymore, even after flashing stock clean chinese ColorOs rom. Don't even know, what to do...:(

hussaination

Dec 17, 2012
Got the same problem, can't boot up now nor flashing cm 12.1 back, only coloros works now and without wifi. We need a fix as i can't stand the poor coloros.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

So guys I've found a temporary wifi fix, you need to copy some files from the coloros zip to the /persist folder using root Explorer, works for me, but still not a permanent fix.

Don.Archon

Feb 26, 2010
Sounds good) What files?
And check please all sensors, such as proximity, light, and others. there are a lot of programms in google play for cheking that.

Last edited:

hussaination

Dec 17, 2012
To get wifi working, follow these steps :

**YOU NEED A ROOT **

1. Extract this file to get the 4 needed files.

2. Using root Explorer , copy the extracted files to /persist folder in root directory.

3. Select all the files after copying and select permission.

4. Make the permissions as rw-r-r--

5. Try to switch on wifi multiple times until it works.

**IMPORTANT**

Rebooting the device will deletes the files from /persist folder and wifi will not work again until you repeat the steps , don't know why, but it is a temporary fix and works with no issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: Don.Archon

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
To get wifi working, follow these steps :

**YOU NEED A ROOT **

1. Extract this file to get the 4 needed files.

2. Using root Explorer , copy the extracted files to /persist folder in root directory.

3. Select all the files after copying and select permission.

4. Make the permissions as rw-r-r--

5. Try to switch on wifi multiple times until it works.

**IMPORTANT**

Rebooting the device will deletes the files from /persist folder and wifi will not work again until you repeat the steps , don't know why, but it is a temporary fix and works with no issues.

Man, you are the best! And what about sensors?
And where did you find this solution?

Are you guys saying wifi and sensors were not working for you? If so this is important and i need logs from a clean boot. These have always worked fine for me on these builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe system, data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Broken Features / Known Issues

• - fingerprint sensor will likely never work in CM
    • - camera is less features than stock colorOS
    • - ?

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel
    Please also provide instructions to reproduce your issue.

Downloads

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Oppo N3: ROM @http://get.cm/?device=n3

Recovery Links

TWRP

Google apps addon:
    Recommend GAPPS but there's plenty of options here.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cyanogenmod 13.0 Oppo N3, ROM for the Oppo N3

Contributors
    jrior001
    Source Code: https://github.com/cyanogenmod

ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: Nightly

Created 2016-02-22
    Last Updated 2016-03-01

good to see that the device still gets cm13. Thanks for your great work.

you can check also the source for Lenovo ZUK Z1 they have the same processor and it has FS too.

Not happy to hear this but I've also never experienced it. Please keep in mind we are working off a massive kernel rebase to support 6.0 and things may not be ideal at times. I have been running 6.0 on N3 for a few months now but only in the last week have I had the camera functional.

Also fwiw the stock colorOS rom should flash in the newer TWRP builds, I made sure that worked myself.

Without some kind of log I'm at a loss as to what happened here. If any randomish reboot happens I need /proc/last_kmsg to have any chance of deciphering why it rebooted.
    Thanks a lot for your response, bud. The N3 is my daily driver, so I couldn't mess around too much. I waited for a bit, then flashed stock ColorOS right away, because I need the phone, especially on this busy weekend. I think I was using an older version of TWRP, so I'm not sure whether that could be a problem either. I'm going to try and get back on CM 13 sometime today, and see how it goes this time.

Once again, thanks a ton for working on this phone. I thought it was completely dead. Oppo are really bad at supporting any devices except the Find 7. Let me know if I can help in any way, I'd be more than happy to be of any help