how can root oppo reno z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
The bootloader on the OPPO Reno Z is unfortunately fully locked :( the only way to root would be through exploiting the recovery mode's update script or through some other form of exploit, but no unfortunately there is no way to root the Reno Z as of now.

Reactions: Kurigoto

shiro-android

Dec 3, 2010
That's sooo sad because it's a really amazing phone.
With root could be one of the best on the market (at this price).
Always fingers cross for an exploit ;p

Reactions: Kurigoto

shiro-android

Dec 3, 2010
BUT... first and last time I buy OPPO! Update are ridiculous!
They just notify their "QUOTE" update release on Twitter and basically only to India/Asian countries...
That's huge discrimination...

Joshek

Oct 7, 2018
Perth
joshek.pw
Old thread, but I've found a guide and it directly links to a build of TWRP that says it's for the Reno Z. Should I bite the bullet and see if it works?
P.S. Magisk and DM-verity don't need to be compiled for specific devices, do they? Also will orange-state be much of a problem?

Last edited:

Deadmeat03

Jun 3, 2018
Sydney
Old thread, but I've found a guide and it directly links to a build of TWRP that says it's for the Reno Z. Should I bite the bullet and see if it works?
P.S. Magisk and DM-verity don't need to be compiled for specific devices, do they? Also will orange-state be much of a problem?
Did you manage to root the device? If not I was wonder if you received the Android 10 update that was supposed to be released last month.

ale_ma27

Dec 28, 2015
Any news about how to root this device?

(I did receive the Android 10 update btw)

Last edited:

Oswald Boelcke

Senior Moderator / Moderator Committee
Staff member

@jerrytzen THREAD CLOSED as a subject matter related thread already exists, to which the relevant posts from above have been copied: https://xdaforums.com/oppo-reno-z/help/reno-z-how-to-root-t3960361

XDA Forum Rules (excerpt):
5. Create a thread topic or post a message only once, this includes external links & streaming media.
As a large forum, we don't need unnecessary clutter. You're free to edit your message as you like, so if you do not receive an answer, revisit your message and see if you can describe your problem better. Not everyone is online at the same time so it might take a while before you receive an answer.

• You can bump your unanswered question once every 24 hours
  • Duplicate threads and posts will be removed
  • Always post in an existing thread if a topic already exists, before creating a new thread.
  • Use our search function to find the best forum for your device.
  • Links to an external source are only allowed if relevant to the topic in hand. A description must be included, no copy & pasting from the original source.
  • Self-promotion is forbidden, this includes blogs, social media and video channels etc. Random links will be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The bootloader on the OPPO Reno Z is unfortunately fully locked :( the only way to root would be through exploiting the recovery mode's update script or through some other form of exploit, but no unfortunately there is no way to root the Reno Z as of now.
    That's sooo sad because it's a really amazing phone.
    With root could be one of the best on the market (at this price).
    Always fingers cross for an exploit ;p