Oppo Reno - Rom changing

Search This thread

SjDU

I have the oppo Reno standard edition but with Chinese rom version PCAT00. The Chinese have very limitations. Can I switch from this rom to another international rom where it have Google services? How can i? Dev please answer

SjDU

Yes I have the snapdragon 710 version but its a chinese one. The model number is PCAT00... i went to the link it says that the Q Beta is only for model (model:PCAM00).i think PCAM is the internation one. so what to do now? Can anybody help.

Last edited:

jsmith2195

Jun 3, 2017
Hi I have the same version as you and I flashed the android Q beta and it works perfect . Also with it being in beta it doesn’t have the oppo UI installed and is nearly stock android the only thing not working is finger print unlocking

nitsuajd

Jul 16, 2008
Badalona
Hi I have the same version as you and I flashed the android Q beta and it works perfect . Also with it being in beta it doesn’t have the oppo UI installed and is nearly stock android the only thing not working is finger print unlocking

Can you post some screenshot? Also reply me in DM

Is only a theory, but if you can flash the zip for android Q beta, maybe you can flash the zip to return to colorOS 6 for this version.

Look "Return to colorOS 6" https://open.oppomobile.com/wiki/doc#id=10324

In my case it worked, but I have the international version

SjDU

Is only a theory, but if you can flash the zip for android Q beta, maybe you can flash the zip to return to colorOS 6 for this version.

Look "Return to colorOS 6" https://open.oppomobile.com/wiki/doc#id=10324

In my case it worked, but I have the international version

Well i tried to install the Beta version through recovery mode. But this is what i got.
view

nitsuajd

Jul 16, 2008
Badalona
You can check the pic now. I didn't know about the permission of who can view it. Check this is the problem now

First of all, be careful! I install the beta only in a international version. According to @jsmith2195 he has installed the beta in a Chinese model, but we do not have confirmation or proofs

Well after that, the package you are trying to install is PCAM00_11_A.101_OTA_0101_all_201906052237_modify.ozip ?

I tell you because also exists an old package called PCAM00_11_A.100_OTA_0100_all_201905071005_modify.ozip

SjDU

First of all, be careful! I install the beta only in a international version. According to @jsmith2195 he has installed the beta in a Chinese model, but we do not have confirmation or proofs

Well after that, the package you are trying to install is PCAM00_11_A.101_OTA_0101_all_201906052237_modify.ozip ?

I tell you because also exists an old package called PCAM00_11_A.100_OTA_0100_all_201905071005_modify.ozip

Yes I'm installing this one
"PCAM00_11_A.101_OTA_0101_all_201906052237_modify.ozip"

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
i have installed A.15 OTA and then tried to flash over the Q Beta V. A.101 on my PCAM00 variant but it always fail during installation .

It seems to be not compatible with A.15

atijasa

Oct 25, 2013
Sarajevo
Is anyone having problem with camera app on android q (PCAM00) ??? Every time I enter camera phone just frizzes.

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

but on link you have provided it says model CPH1917 not PCAM00 is that the same??? or em I missing something. I installed same version of android q on my oppo reno PCAM00... works almost perfect (with some minors bugs) but only thing not working is camera. Even fingerprint works really fast.
But the problem is i can't revert back to Pie (collorOS)... when revert back on android 9 after welcome screen and wifi connection i get: This: "phone has bean locked with find my phone please add passcode for (myoppo account)" ... and when i enter my passcode it says something on Chinese that it can't connect to server...
So now I'm stucked on android q with no camera.

johnn1sbo3s

Oct 20, 2019
but on link you have provided it says model CPH1917 not PCAM00 is that the same??? or em I missing something. I installed same version of android q on my oppo reno PCAM00... works almost perfect (with some minors bugs) but only thing not working is camera. Even fingerprint works really fast.
But the problem is i can't revert back to Pie (collorOS)... when revert back on android 9 after welcome screen and wifi connection i get: This: "phone has bean locked with find my phone please add passcode for (myoppo account)" ... and when i enter my passcode it says something on Chinese that it can't connect to server...
So now I'm stucked on android q with no camera.

Any luck? I got the same version (PCAM00) and I want to get out of Color OS because this Chinese version is trash.

Tajamulmir

Sep 30, 2021
I have the oppo Reno standard edition but with Chinese rom version PCAT00. The Chinese have very limitations. Can I switch from this rom to another international rom where it have Google services? How can i? Dev please answer
Sir, i am having Oppo Reno build id: PCAM00_11_F.51 Purchased fee Rom China currently i am using it in india, i Cant access the Volte network here in india. Is there any fix for that please help