397 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,037

By csk1jw, Senior Member on 10th May 2016, 05:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2016, 01:43 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,037

More
I can see from your radio log that you are losing signals, but that is normal if your area is weak on coverage.
Really, the Android ROM devs can't do anything about radio handling. This lives in an entirely separated domain from the Android OS. I don't work for LG or Infineon/Intel to have the knowledge of how radio firmware works. The best ROM devs will do is to enable the reuse of pristine OS space radio blobs. The low-level C handling radio libraries can mostly be reused AS-IS from stock ROMs. The telephony framework customization, if any, would likely be lost. Past P880/CyanogenMod devs had tried their best to re-create this missing telephony framework customization which is part of the ROM device tree, but that is not always perfect.

In common sense, we believe the radio firmware, the OS space radio blobs and the hacked up X3RIL telephony framework customization would work for most of the cases.

For NFC, I think your device may have HW problem as my NFC log never logged any error on NFC stack dead-locked.
The Following User Says Thank You to csk1jw For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift csk1jw Ad-Free
17th November 2016, 10:04 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk1jw

I can see from your radio log that you are losing signals, but that is normal if your area is weak on coverage.
Really, the Android ROM devs can't do anything about radio handling. This lives in an entirely separated domain from the Android OS. I don't work for LG or Infineon/Intel to have the knowledge of how radio firmware works. The best ROM devs will do is to enable the reuse of pristine OS space radio blobs. The low-level C handling radio libraries can mostly be reused AS-IS from stock ROMs. The telephony framework customization, if any, would likely be lost. Past P880/CyanogenMod devs had tried their best to re-create this missing telephony framework customization which is part of the ROM device tree, but that is not always perfect.

In common sense, we believe the radio firmware, the OS space radio blobs and the hacked up X3RIL telephony framework customization would work for most of the cases.

For NFC, I think your device may have HW problem as my NFC log never logged any error on NFC stack dead-locked.

It didnt lose signal because of low signal, that low signal is in another place another time i lost signal when i came home where the signal is full, when trying to make a call at 18:56...
Nfc works without problems on stock so i dont think it is a hardware isue, same applies for ril.
Nevertheless thank you for trying to help me.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
20th November 2016, 05:15 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
An update on the user experience of this rom, I was on a trip last week. Which I rely heavily on my phone to navigate my way, while I use google map for navigation, the screen went black and then my phone hangs. I thought that it might be a situation which the ram runs out so I waited and waited. After a few minutes I was able to pull up the recent app screen which shows that I only have 1xx free ram, at that point I tried to swipe away some background apps since the device lags like hell. I managed to close all my recent apps including the resource hogging google map. However, the free ram still remains the same and the device lags like hell. I tried to reboot the device but to no avail. Then I have to pull the battery out in order to reboot the phone. After doing so, I noticed that it shows the booting animation but it cannot into the system. Then I remember seeing guys from the xda that they experience stuck in boot animation. However, that was at the time I desperately needed my phone to work because I was kinda of lost in a foreign country..... Luckily after waiting for 15 mins or more my phone finally boots up and every thing seems fine.

After I come back from my trip, I notice that my phone has some kind of weird behavior like the default launcher redraws all the time when I take a photo and share it to my whatsapp.... I love this rom but it seems to have some minor issue. Maybe I will try the nougat rom after it has xpose support.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b886b For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b886b Ad-Free
3rd December 2016, 02:09 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 1,500

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessaras

here it is.
Download the /zip , uncompress and copy it anywhere you want. best in sdcard ( storage/emulated/0 ) not in external sd.
use this free app from play store to select and run the script on boot.
This script will disable and remove the default zram of this rom. Set the app to execute the script with at least 1sec delay so that supersu runs 1st and the app can run with root privillages. Thats it. Now everyone can install any 3rd party app to setup their swap or zram they want. i have a screenshot of mine now having 2.5gb ram now.
**This doesn't work on any rom. This works on this rom and maybe any rom which uses the same path for default zram!

Hey, I'm now using RAMEXPANDER and your trick to increase ZRAM under @csk1jw 's 7.1.0.
Seems to work so far, so thanks for that!
Two questions I have though:
  • In the status bar RAMEXPANDER shows no value under "TOTAL Memory". It's just blank. I think this means nothing, as the program shows the size under "swap info" and 'cat /proc/swaps' also finds the right sized swap file. Anyway, maybe you know why it doesn't show up in the status bar.
  • I chose to let the program set the optimal values automatically and a swap file of about 3GB and a MinFreeKB value of 64MB seem to be reasonable. But it pumped the Swappiness up to 100, which seems a little aggressive for me. But on the other hand I don't know too much about setting the best swap values for systems that are rather low on RAM. Do you think the values are fine?
Thanks in advance and greetings!
4th December 2016, 08:43 AM |#505  
Recognized Developer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 9,367

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Smith

Hey, I'm now using RAMEXPANDER and your trick to increase ZRAM under @csk1jw 's 7.1.0.
Seems to work so far, so thanks for that!
Two questions I have though:

• In the status bar RAMEXPANDER shows no value under "TOTAL Memory". It's just blank. I think this means nothing, as the program shows the size under "swap info" and 'cat /proc/swaps' also finds the right sized swap file. Anyway, maybe you know why it doesn't show up in the status bar.
  • I chose to let the program set the optimal values automatically and a swap file of about 3GB and a MinFreeKB value of 64MB seem to be reasonable. But it pumped the Swappiness up to 100, which seems a little aggressive for me. But on the other hand I don't know too much about setting the best swap values for systems that are rather low on RAM. Do you think the values are fine?
Thanks in advance and greetings!

linux by default (same goes for android) will cache to disk and only keep in active ram the amount that needs to read ultra fast the procedures that are executed,
so only swap if you really need more than 700 MB of active ram which is more than this phones' ram can handle.

swappiness 100 means that it swaps the half. if an app needs 1GB of ram , it will swap 500MB. it isn't bad nowdays. when i wrote it i could never imagine that apps will need so much ram.
if you don't play games or don't use many apps running in the background at the same time, such as a "heavy" launcher , apps that handle the silence mode automatically, etc , don't swap at all.
this phone has a very slow read/write hard disk speed comparing to the new phones and you lose speed but you will be more stable and smooth,
so it depends on the needs.
And yeah a swappiness of 100 with only 1GB physical ram and only around 700MB available active ram is correct for the above reason; that 100% means that it swaps half.

~EDIT: since you are testing it in 7.1 and since the apps nowdays need more ram , keep us up to date. if it goes smoothly, more people should use it. (me too )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kessaras For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th December 2016, 01:11 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Hello, i taked a log of a videocall and after begin the videocall the next error repeats by infinite until end the video call: NvOsDebugPrintf( 201): NVMEM_IOC_READ failed: Operation not permitted

This could be solved? i think its the problem of the impossibility of see me the other person in a videocall because the videocall works and i can see the other person but him to me not.
27th December 2016, 02:46 PM |#507  
Somewhere Near XDA Heaven
Thanks Meter: 310

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juantech

Hello, i taked a log of a videocall and after begin the videocall the next error repeats by infinite until end the video call: NvOsDebugPrintf( 201): NVMEM_IOC_READ failed: Operation not permitted

This could be solved? i think its the problem of the impossibility of see me the other person in a videocall because the videocall works and i can see the other person but him to me not.

Same problem in AOSP 7
31st December 2016, 10:31 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
No phone signal after flashing
Good job, this is an amazing rom! Unfortunately i cant use it at the moment because i dont get phone signal. It seems that the sim is not detected. Another card from my family just worked fine. Mine is a 4 year old card of german telekom.

The strange thing is that my card just works fine with the stock rom 20c. Is there somebody with similar problems and how could this be solved?

I noticed that the baseband switched to
LGP880AT-00-V20c-EUR-XXX-OCT-07-2014
With this rom. On Stock 20c i had
L6260_MODEM_SIC_02.1233.00

I installed this rom with teamwin recovery 3.x after doing a clean install by flashing the kdz
31st December 2016, 12:47 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzergackl

Good job, this is an amazing rom! Unfortunately i cant use it at the moment because i dont get phone signal. It seems that the sim is not detected. Another card from my family just worked fine. Mine is a 4 year old card of german telekom.

The strange thing is that my card just works fine with the stock rom 20c. Is there somebody with similar problems and how could this be solved?

I installed this rom with teamwin recovery 3.x after doing a clean install by flashing the kdz

Try to go to settings- more- phone network- and select your company of phone, this worked for me on Omni 4.4.4.

But you will have to do this on every boot.
31st December 2016, 01:15 PM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 177

More
Quote:

I didn't have such problem, but u do have to remember that after a reboot or so ur device need sometime to detect your sim card, for me after a reboot my device will show that no sim is inserted but then after 1-2 minute the sim will be detected and connect to the network.
31st December 2016, 08:05 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Quote:

Can u replace your sim in your provider's office with a new one? I had a problem with loosing connection but not on the stock, i had a old card but i didnt switch sims i swictched phones xD, so im interested will switching your sim with the newer work...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)