[ROM] AOSP Nougat 7.1.2 | MoltenMotherBoard

Search This thread

Try it or die

May 17, 2013
Thanks for this great Rom, I've two questions:

Is there any way to enable recent apps panel?

If I run the adb command for better performance, how can I revert this?

Reactions: Try it or die

threader

May 31, 2010
GitHub.com
Good work, but i would like your sources to add to my build that'll probably be ready by late 2092 at this rate. I'm struggling with gapps atm. AOSP seems to crash with gapps pico and TWRP freezes when installing gapps micro. I'm wondering if the trick might be to set the WebView Implementation to Chrome in Developer options before installing gapps pico.

Right now i've succeeded after installing an old gapps-lmn-google-webview (https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=673791459329067496 ) and gapps pico, but this might work too (Google Chrome add-on for 7.0.0+ (arm): gapps-chrome-arm-n-20171215-1-signed.zip (replaces stock web browser and includes Google Webview). https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817906626617952820 )

hakangemini

Jun 8, 2016
Duzce
No recovery mode

Dear All,

I installed this rom with CWM told in this topic. But i had launcher 3 error, then installed pixel launcher.

After i wanted to install gapps but not succeeded due to inaccassable recovery mode.

I also used adb command like adb reboot recovery bootloader. Phone goes to bootloader screen but there are only some recommendations seen on the screen like fastboot flash partition image vice versa.

Phone reboots to android system as usual when i pressed on power and volume +. By the way volume keys are not functioning at android system(i can not increase and decrease volume).

How can i reach to recovery mode?

Thanks in advance.

derders

Oct 2, 2011
Dear All,

I installed this rom with CWM told in this topic. But i had launcher 3 error, then installed pixel launcher.

After i wanted to install gapps but not succeeded due to inaccassable recovery mode.

I also used adb command like adb reboot recovery bootloader. Phone goes to bootloader screen but there are only some recommendations seen on the screen like fastboot flash partition image vice versa.

Phone reboots to android system as usual when i pressed on power and volume +. By the way volume keys are not functioning at android system(i can not increase and decrease volume).

How can i reach to recovery mode?

Thanks in advance.

Hm I don't have the phone here anymore but I found the scripts that we used to do this

you can try the commands in a terminal and if they work you can usw Script Manager - SManager in playstore to make the scripts there and make some shortcuts to the launcher...

to Reboot-Recovery:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'setup-recovery'
su -c 'svc power reboot'

to Reboot:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'svc power reboot'

to Shutdown:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'svc power shutdown'

hakangemini

Jun 8, 2016
Duzce
No recovery mode

Hm I don't have the phone here anymore but I found the scripts that we used to do this

you can try the commands in a terminal and if they work you can usw Script Manager - SManager in playstore to make the scripts there and make some shortcuts to the launcher...

to Reboot-Recovery:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'setup-recovery'
su -c 'svc power reboot'

to Reboot:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'svc power reboot'

to Shutdown:

#!/system/bin/sh
su -c 'svc power shutdown'

Thanks for the reply. But i am not familiar to scripts. Is there another solution to get recovery mode and s/w upgrade mode. ı lost also s/w upgrade mode, when connected i got several colored screens like blue, green, white etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, I am sharing my Nougat ROM for LG-P880 with the XDA community. As a tribute to the original @MoltenMotherBoard, it will continue to be named as such.
    AFH download:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=109853

ChangeLog
    - Android-7.1.2_r36 (N2G48H)
    - kernel
    * Optimized kswapd based on kernel-msm/3.10/Bullhead
    - Tuned extra_free_kbytes to 4 screen buffers
    - Reduced I/O read_ahead_kb from 2048 to 256 for better latency
    - Set dalvik.vm.dex2oat-thread = 2

Complete changelog
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=109853

SELinux for Nougat
    SELinux in Nougat has been hardened to never allow text relocation for executables. This is the only rule that we had to relax to enable pre-KitKat blobs to run.
    To enable SELinux Enforcing, do this from recovery
    Code:
    $ adb shell mount /data
    $ adb shell touch /data/.selinux
    $ adb shell umount /data

Known issues
    - MHL not working
    - Display freeze on Cast Screen disconnect
    - Widevine DRM not working

Broken AOSP components
    - Clock
    - Browser2
    - Music
    - Webview

Installation
    You need to have custom recovery that can flash multiple zip files without having the reboot. I personally use the official CWM 6.0.4.5 so the instructions will be based on that with no external SD.
    >Coming from other ROMs
    - wipe userdata/cache
    - format /system
    - apply ROM zip
    - apply Gapps zip ...or more Gapps if using modular Gapps
    - format /data and /data/media
    - reboot
    >Coming from the same ROM
    - format /cache
    - format /system
    - apply ROM zip
    - apply Gapps zip ...or more Gapps if using modular Gapps
    - reboot

Recommended Gapps is OpenGapps stock. Default webview provider is Google WebView. Please make sure your Gapps include this. Attached you will see my Gapps config.

This is based on Grouper blobs, so as usual barcode/QR scanning will not work and will not consider this as bug. However, Grouper blobs works with Screen Cast, which for me, is more useful than barcode/QR code scanning.
    Let the testing begin!!!:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
    Kernel

Kernel https://github.com/CyanogenMod/lge-kernel-p880/tree/cm-12.1
    See attached for patches
    Code:
    commit 413b3fc527c086450f28acbe92893c71e73ad5b6
    Author: demetris <ierokipides.dem@gmail.com>
    Date:   Wed Nov 4 00:39:13 2015 +0200
    Use "git am -3" for .patch files
    Use "git apply" for .diff files.
    New build 20170520

Hi, new build is available. Instead of waiting for Google's June update, I decided to share this build because there were good improvements in kernel to make LG-P880 more appealing despite close to 5 years old device.

With the updated zram & zsmalloc, I enabled CONFIG_PGTABLE_MAPPING for zsmalloc allocator which is used by zram. This reduces CPU hogging due to swapping to zRAM because previously the CPU had to deal with compression/decompression operation and memcpy operation. Some kernel memory is also wasted through intermediary buffers used by memcpy. With CONFIG_PGTABLE_MAPPING, zsmalloc will use page table operation in MMU instead of memcpy. This is 6x faster (a no-brainer!!) for ARM CPU according to the author of zsmalloc.

Yes, I did feel the difference after enabling this kernel option for zsmalloc. Task switching now seems faster as long as there is no background sync jobs.

About zCACHE
    Although cleancache is also updated, it will remain no-op for now because zCACHE is not enabled. Yes, I did get a chance to check out zCACHE, and I think at its current state, it is a conflict for Android because it is taking away memory that Android framework can use to cache dalvik processes.
    Unified kernel

For quite some time since I started working on porting the CM-12.1 kernel for Marshmallow and Nougat, I had been plagued with kernel issues that any feature I tried to implement, the kernel would stuck in reboot loop. So I ended up implement only the bare minimum kernel just enough to boot. I finally had some time to look into this problem and found that the kernel panic because it couldn't load the init ramdisk. And I concluded that I was hitting the size limit for zImage from LG bootloader. So I ported XZ compression for kernel and the final zImage was reduced by ~400KB. Now, all the previously ported features were working once again.
    - uid_cputime
    - KSM deferred timer
    - Moto F2FS kernel update from Marshmallow-6.0.1-release-griffin

Finally, the kernel is more complete in term of Android support and F2FS is back to business. The kernel is also unified and works for both Marshmallow and Nougat.

Regarding F2FS support in kernel, I once ported the Moto G version for Lollipop, but extent cache mount option was not supported. This time the Moto F2FS kernel update was ported in full.

I will be releasing the patch to CM-12.1 kernel source shortly.
    I got Nougat 7.1 (android-7.1.0_r4) booted and running. However, camera is busted completely. The rest look good. I won't release anything until I can fix the camera.