LG P970 Unable to upgrade to Android 4.0 ICS

Search This thread

AndrewWalnut123

Feb 19, 2018
To whoever who is reading this:

I own an LG P970 and I want to upgrade it to Android 4.0 ICS. Unfortunately, when I plugged in into my laptop running Windows 10 and ran the LG Mobile Support Tool to update it, it said "Your phone is running Android 2.2.2. It needs to be upgraded to gingerbread first. Press ok to continue" so I pressed ok. Then, the status bar just disappeared after it went to the second page. I waited for very long and it still didn't appear. I unplugged the phone and tried the "Upgrade Recovery" button, but when it reached step 3 it said "Communication Error" and I could not get past that although I followed all the instructions they gave.

I tried doing everything again using Windows 7 compatibility mode, but nothing changed. I looked for other ways, and I stumbled across rooting. I tried to use "Gingerbreak" to root it, but when I plugged my phone in, the laptop did not let me go to its internal storage! I unplugged the SD Card from the phone and plugged it into the laptop, but when I tried to put Gingerbreak inside, it said the SD Card had "Write Protection"!

Can anyone please help me out? I am willing to reformat the phone if necessary.

Rooting method or LG Moblie Support Method are both OK.

Osmel86

May 17, 2016
Hello I unlocked my LG OPTIMUS p970g of Koodo Canada mobile. I put the unlock code from the company and said phone unlocked but it doesn't get signal. It says no service. Help please!!!