FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[BOOTLOADER] Bootloader Unlocker/Locker from recovery

218 posts
Thanks Meter: 172

By M.M.K, Senior Member on 7th March 2016, 08:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys

Bootloader unlockers/lockers from recovery are here.

Easy method to unlock & relock Optimus G bootloader.

Good things about these zips:
1. No running OS is needed.
2. You don't have to be on lg stock roms.
3. Work much faster & easier. Less than a minute.
4. You will still have custom recovery after locking your bl.

How to use?
Using bumped recovery, flash them like other zips in recovery.

Don't have recovery?
Flash a bumped recovery img (inside of the attached zips) with an app like Flashify or Kernel Adiutor or etc.

Note: BL unlockers flash unlocked bootloader + Philz/CWM recovery. Booting up on unlocked BL needs unlocked kernel.
So in stock roms, don't forget to flash an unlocked kernel, like unlocked stock kernel or solid kernel or etc...

Anyway in case of any problem, there is no worry because you can always access to Philz touch(for E975) or CWM(for other variants) recovery.

I could only test E975 ones. Other variants unlockers must also work. But you are the testers...

Mirror links (files folder):
https://mega.nz/#F!4JwWCJZB!3jFrgKSdRhAhdwLadD_YaQ
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free

7th March 2016, 08:01 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Please Note:
1. I'm waiting for your feedbacks. Please give feedback with name of your variants.
2. I didn't have stock bootloader files for other variants, so I could make bootloader locker for E975 only.

Some guides:
1. How to flash boot/recovery .img in Kernel Auditor?
In the Backup section of the app, use Flash IMG button, then select your .img file (extract them from zips), then select the partition to flash (boot/recovery).
2. You can use your own bumped recovery img, using the bump tool
3. On locked bootloader you can enter to recovery with hardreset method.
4. After flashing Makoz30f Flasher (not after unlocking, unlocking is ok), it will also flash bootloader tz.img & rpm.img.
Flashing Mako rpm.img will cause false heat issue on LG roms so your screen brightness will not go further than 63%(& cpu clock speed further than 1188000). E975 unlocker & relocker zips will replace tz & rpm partitions with stock ones. So you can use them to fix this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free
7th March 2016, 08:57 AM |#3  
Flag Jakarta
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Whats mean stockboot?
Btw thanks, no instal freegee to unlock bl , nice job
7th March 2016, 12:40 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christboanerges

Whats mean stockboot?
Btw thanks, no instal freegee to unlock bl , nice job

for other variants of og, after unlocking, you need to flash an unlocked kernel, but for E975, if you use the zip that has stockboot, you dont need to do anything & it flashes the kernel for you.
7th March 2016, 11:30 PM |#5  
Flag Qingdao
Thanks Meter: 57

More
What's it use for ?
8th March 2016, 02:10 AM |#6  
Flag Vĩnh Phúc
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_zm

What's it use for ?

For someone who want to lock or unlock bootloader without use anyapp. Btw thanks author.
8th March 2016, 09:47 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiennhu89

For someone who want to lock or unlock bootloader without use anyapp. Btw thanks author.

Thank you guys.
Since Gee3 rom has better speed & LTE support in our stock roms, I'm making Gee3 v1.3 & I'm testing it, but with this kind of statistics , it seems there's no motivation no replays about its working on other variants...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free
8th March 2016, 01:53 PM |#8  
Flag caracas
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.M.K

Thank you guys, but you may press thanks if you really like it
Since Gee3 rom has better speed & LTE support in our stock roms, I'm making Gee3 v1.3 & I'm testing it, but with this kind of statistics , there's no motivation no replays about its working on other variants...

waiting for this great update, and I encourage that there are still people waiting to see more of our og thank you

Google translator
The Following User Says Thank You to frank1321 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift frank1321 Ad-Free
12th April 2016, 11:14 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MMK instruction
Hi MMK,

I'm a total newbie and it's the first time i've ever flashed a device, my E975 is completely stock (but i've root privilege and su is installed). I've installed flashify and downloaded a zip (i don't have a special kernel at the moment do you suggest stockboot). Now i've unzipped the folder on the phone but i'm uncertain about what to do now, there are a lot of images and i really don't know where to flash what. Can you suggest a more detailed procedure?

Thank you for the effort and thanks in advance.
13th April 2016, 07:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,339

More
great job bro ^_^
The Following User Says Thank You to akahroba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift akahroba Ad-Free
15th April 2016, 10:10 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akula.ee

Hi MMK,

I'm a total newbie and it's the first time i've ever flashed a device, my E975 is completely stock (but i've root privilege and su is installed). I've installed flashify and downloaded a zip (i don't have a special kernel at the moment do you suggest stockboot). Now i've unzipped the folder on the phone but i'm uncertain about what to do now, there are a lot of images and i really don't know where to flash what. Can you suggest a more detailed procedure?

Thank you for the effort and thanks in advance.

Hi, If your bootloader isn't already unlocked:
In flashify you must choose recovery image from flash section, then choose the Philz.recovery.img you've extracted.
Then press reboot to recovery from options & simply flash the zips in recovery mode to lock or unlock your bootloader.
Make sure to use your own variant zip.
The Following User Says Thank You to M.M.K For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.M.K Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)