Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][5.1.1][CARBONROM][UNOFFICIAL]E980-Ze-Krnl-1.7[Final]

1,176 posts
Thanks Meter: 813

By dave71670, Senior Member on 24th November 2015, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2016, 03:25 AM |#131  
Thumbs up Super Dave!
Carbon rules; very nice ROM. CarbonROM comes through as the benchmark for the particular device as usual.
Stable, and I have not seen any screen issues mentioned previous using the Ze kernel. I keep my cores frosty, underclocked, and overclocked (that's all I need) and the device is responsive and efficient. I would use as a daily driver if get the kernel/baseband wakelocks ironed out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldextermination

...the messaging app won't let me customize the colors and backgrounds...

Try Dark Material theme from play store.

I had one weird glitch with clipboard selection being offset higher on the screen, but corrected itself when I dropped dpi (below 400?).

1st January 2017, 07:37 PM |#132  
Thumbs up Wakelocks fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadySquirrel

You need modem from stock jellybean ROM for your device variant. Easiest way to obtain it: flash back to 4.1.2 and start from scratch. You'll save yourself from random wakelocks like hsic_host and others. There are modems around, but I don't know how much can you trust them/use them.

Some random ROM I flashed wrote over my radio? Highly unorthodox, but I wouldn't put it past MIUI.
Reflashed from stock v10g firmware (BM9615A baseband) and no wakelocks. I think it's time to insert a sim and run satsat, thouroughly test hardware, radios, and sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-03-08-15-59.png
Views:	274
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	3989118  
3rd January 2017, 03:41 PM |#133  
Default kernel parameters seem to be out of spec in several areas, particularly i/o and thermal core control settings. Max oc shouldn't be default, other parameters seem random. LP is an infamous battery hog (even without wakelocks) compared to KK or MM, so properly tuning the kernel is essential here.
17th January 2017, 12:51 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssurell

Default kernel parameters seem to be out of spec in several areas, particularly i/o and thermal core control settings. Max oc shouldn't be default, other parameters seem random. LP is an infamous battery hog (even without wakelocks) compared to KK or MM, so properly tuning the kernel is essential here.

Could You share kernel params after tuning?
17th January 2017, 03:41 PM |#135  
Thanks Meter: 808

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by break_da_funk

Here, try parameters I've used on my device:
- Intelliactive or Intellidemand, min 278MHz (didn't go under, media players were buggy), max 1.5GHz
- Hotplug: enabled, Eco performance mode, mid-range response params, maximum off screen freq fixed to 1.2GHz
- Thermal: 50°C as throttling, 55°C for core shutdown, 5-6 as hysteresis value and 500ms sample
- Sched: FIOPS, 4k for readahed value.

Gave me bout 4h of SOT and 22-32h of battery life, before my battery went nuts.

Take into the consideration that I wasn't playing any games - just web, chat, music and ocassional photo editing in Lightroom or Snapseed. I'm not that heavy user.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadySquirrel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShadySquirrel Ad-Free
19th January 2017, 05:16 AM |#136  
Quote:
Originally Posted by break_da_funk

If you have Kernel Adiutor installed:
Rename the attached profiles.txt to profiles.json. Then paste into /data/data/com.grarak.kerneladiutor/files/
Open Kernel Adiutor and select "current" profile. Haven't had a bit of trouble running wide open. Turned down overclock to stock 1.7ghz due to instability when screen left on (heat). I researched thermal throttling core controi and decided to not use, but if stability issues arise in summer heat, I'll turn on. Lowest underclock slips into a coma during deep sleep.

The sources for this ROM are ancient; CM 12.1 was glitchy on every device when this was released, and no amount of kernel wizardry will resolve it. It's a borderline daily driver, and you can certainly get by with it.
The last official CM 12.1 is a year newer and smooth like butter with wildkernel. capps app themer, open camera, open gapps, works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: txt profiles.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.7 KB, 54 views)
29th January 2017, 04:35 PM |#137  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Just flashed the ROM on my F240K .Is a great ROM indeed.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
20th February 2017, 10:49 AM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Battery Drain Issues
Anyone else facing battery drain issues? Just got a new battery and checked stats with BBS and it says the "suspend_backoff" kernel wakelock is on for about 53% of the time in a 8hr period?! is this something to be worried about??
27th February 2017, 02:27 PM |#139  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vineeth5

Anyone else facing battery drain issues? Just got a new battery and checked stats with BBS and it says the "suspend_backoff" kernel wakelock is on for about 53% of the time in a 8hr period?! is this something to be worried about??

Discussed at length in this thread, not many posts back.
11th August 2018, 01:36 AM |#140  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Fix for Bluetooth problem:
1.Boot into your Custom recovery(I'm using TWRP)
2.Go to wipe
3.Wipe Dalvik, System, Data, and Cache
4.Go to install find the CarbonROM zip file and add the GApps zip file.
5.Flash the file and reboot it should be fixed
8th November 2018, 09:09 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Anyone can provide me with some screenshots of rom?

Thanks

Because my bountyman lags a wee bit now so I'm thinking of a change?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
@crashpsycho, @nerdyblonde, @shadysquirrel

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)