WiFi issues

Search This thread

garcijua

Jan 9, 2014
Chicago
Is anyone else having WiFi issues? Like my phone won't connect to public WiFi like at McDonald's or Kohl's or any place I open the WiFi settings pick their WiFi and right away it says 'failed to connect'. Even at my house it'll connect and after awhile nothing will load. Facebook, websites they just keep showing that their loading but never do. I have reboot to get it to work, and I'm on stock everything.

vladmir

May 6, 2012
Porto
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Is anyone else having WiFi issues? Like my phone won't connect to public WiFi like at McDonald's or Kohl's or any place I open the WiFi settings pick their WiFi and right away it says 'failed to connect'. Even at my house it'll connect and after awhile nothing will load. Facebook, websites they just keep showing that their loading but never do. I have reboot to get it to work, and I'm on stock everything.

Try to reboot router/modem at home. do already tried to do a factory resert?

Reactions: garcijua

spexwood

Feb 13, 2011
Even at my house it'll connect and after awhile nothing will load. Facebook, websites they just keep showing that their loading but never do. I have reboot to get it to work, and I'm on stock everything.

I'm having this part. Every now and then, especially when I leave my home wifi range for a bit then come back, the wifi will connect, but websites. email, etc will load forever and never get anywhere. I find that I don't need to reboot the phone entirely though. I just have to disable Wifi and then reenable it again. After that, everything will work correctly, but it's still not supposed to do this.

I have tried cycling the router's power several times, and it never fixes it. It's all phone related for me. Other than this though, everything else seems to work fine except for text messages occasionally taking forever to send (another issue for another thread).

garcijua

Jan 9, 2014
Chicago
I've tried rebooting the router but it does nothing. When things won't load on my phone my sisters phone works fine. Its just this phone.

blitzkriegger

Apr 30, 2014
Las Piñas City
I've tried rebooting the router but it does nothing. When things won't load on my phone my sisters phone works fine. Its just this phone.

Hmm, we could try some troubleshooting steps.
1.) Go to Setings>Networks>Wi-fi>Advanced Wifi
-Make sure "Internet unavailable" setting is unchecked under notifications then under "Useful Settings", try first to set "Keep Wi-fi on during sleep" to always, and leave unchecked "wifi signal weak" as well as "Allow Wi-fi scanning"

2.) You may want to change DNS settings of the phone
-Download a DNS changer app (set DNS, And DNS changer, Override DNS, etc). Next, try setting primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 (Those are Google's public DNS)

3.) In terms of browser usage, you may want to observe on which browser (stock, or 3rd party such as chrome), does the issue occur more frequently. Then go to that browser's settings and do some re-configuration.

4.) If the problem is more evident when you connect to your home network, you may want to access your wireless router settings and change some settings such as the wifi channel, rts threshold, etc.

5.)By the way, what phone model are you using, and is it tied up with a carrier network?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try to reboot router/modem at home. do already tried to do a factory resert?
    Even at my house it'll connect and after awhile nothing will load. Facebook, websites they just keep showing that their loading but never do. I have reboot to get it to work, and I'm on stock everything.

I'm having this part. Every now and then, especially when I leave my home wifi range for a bit then come back, the wifi will connect, but websites. email, etc will load forever and never get anywhere. I find that I don't need to reboot the phone entirely though. I just have to disable Wifi and then reenable it again. After that, everything will work correctly, but it's still not supposed to do this.

I have tried cycling the router's power several times, and it never fixes it. It's all phone related for me. Other than this though, everything else seems to work fine except for text messages occasionally taking forever to send (another issue for another thread).

Hmm, we could try some troubleshooting steps.
    1.) Go to Setings>Networks>Wi-fi>Advanced Wifi
    -Make sure "Internet unavailable" setting is unchecked under notifications then under "Useful Settings", try first to set "Keep Wi-fi on during sleep" to always, and leave unchecked "wifi signal weak" as well as "Allow Wi-fi scanning"

2.) You may want to change DNS settings of the phone
    -Download a DNS changer app (set DNS, And DNS changer, Override DNS, etc). Next, try setting primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary DNS to 8.8.4.4 (Those are Google's public DNS)

3.) In terms of browser usage, you may want to observe on which browser (stock, or 3rd party such as chrome), does the issue occur more frequently. Then go to that browser's settings and do some re-configuration.

4.) If the problem is more evident when you connect to your home network, you may want to access your wireless router settings and change some settings such as the wifi channel, rts threshold, etc.

5.)By the way, what phone model are you using, and is it tied up with a carrier network?