Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Recovery] TWRP2.8.6.0 img for OGP F240k

156 posts
Thanks Meter: 56

By ecrum, Senior Member on 6th May 2015, 12:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,
First i wanna thank @culot for his awesome recovery and wangshi008 for his kernel
its basically recovery image for now. so you guys have to flash it through Flashify ar things like these for now on
here you go.
https://mega.co.nz/#!xFAGnaAL!ZX0Xxe...Q0fJVabUKX80hI

everythings ok except f2fs bt it seems to me not much

By getting to the recovery manually(Hw Key combination) you have to flash the zero-misc thing or other workarounds to get out of the recovery loop.

say thanks if you like.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ecrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ecrum Ad-Free

6th May 2015, 12:51 PM |#3  
Flag Đồng Nai
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Thanks so much
19th May 2015, 09:30 PM |#4  
Flag Bay
Thanks Meter: 161

More
So do the SDcard and USB-OTG function fine with this on the f240*? And the F2FS *doesn't* work?
20th May 2015, 05:34 AM |#5  
Flag Đồng Nai

More
Not sure but with me, adb sideload doesn't work. Anyone has the same problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to irt118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irt118 Ad-Free
20th May 2015, 06:46 PM |#6  
Flag Bay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irt118

Not sure but with me, adb sideload doesn't work. Anyone has the same problem?

- Does 'adb devices' show your device in 'sideload' mode when you enable it?
- Do you have the latest ADB version installed? There is an issue with older versions not working for sideload anymore.
- Does the device reboot back into recovery when you try to sideload something? This happens to me each time I sideload an invalid package (apparently any non-zip file will cause that to happen). And when it reboots back into recovery, 'adb devices' no longer shows the device in sideload mode when enabled. That is fixed by manually rebooting back into recovery again.

The recovery in this thread is based on one I put together a while back that I didn't spread because it had problems with exfat & the sdcard didn't work on an f240k. I finally have an e980 to test my fixes on for the next couple of weeks so if this has an issue with sideload it can be repaired, but so far my current builds seem to have no problem with sideloading other than those I mentioned above. Definitely check your ADB version. Also check that the zip file isn't damaged, as it appears than anything that isn't a valid zip file will cause the device to reboot back into recovery.

Providing a dmesg and recovery.log following the failed sideload event could help resolve this issue, if you got 'em.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to culot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift culot Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 07:53 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56

More
@ culot yes for now. if you can help more (you've done enough sweet already) we can have a good recovery dear. all i did just a little tweak in build prop and used a proper kernel for f240k. tht worked like magic. everything else is your work and is intact. can wait for couple of more weeks
21st May 2015, 02:49 PM |#8  
Flag Đồng Nai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by culot

- Do you have the latest ADB version installed? There is an issue with older versions not working for sideload anymore.
- Does the device reboot back into recovery when you try to sideload something? This happens to me each time I sideload an invalid package (apparently any non-zip file will cause that to happen). And when it reboots back into recovery, 'adb devices' no longer shows the device in sideload mode when enabled. That is fixed by manually rebooting back into recovery again.

The recovery in this thread is based on one I put together a while back that I didn't spread because it had problems with exfat & the sdcard didn't work on an f240k. I finally have an e980 to test my fixes on for the next couple of weeks so if this has an issue with sideload it can be repaired, but so far my current builds seem to have no problem with sideloading other than those I mentioned above. Definitely check your ADB version. Also check that the zip file isn't damaged, as it appears than anything that isn't a valid zip file will cause the device to reboot back into recovery.

Providing a dmesg and recovery.log following the failed sideload event could help resolve this issue, if you got 'em.

Thanks for your reply.
1. "adb devices" doesn't show my device in "sideload" mode.
2. I have the lastest ADB version with 3.13.2 LG driver.
3.Here is recovery log, not sure if it could help you solve the issue or not.
Attached Files
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (18.1 KB, 26 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to irt118 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irt118 Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 03:28 PM |#9  
Flag Bay

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irt118

Thanks for your reply.
1. "adb devices" doesn't show my device in "sideload" mode.
2. I have the lastest ADB version with 3.13.2 LG driver.
3.Here is recovery log, not sure if it could help you solve the issue or not.

BTW: I think the latest version of the LG driver is 3.14.1.

Thanks for the log! Which model of the G Pro do you have -- f240k?

NOTE: Don't trust this build to backup your EFS, as I mistakenly assumed the G Pro used the modemst1(/2) partitions for EFS, but it turns out it's actually the m9kefs1(/2/3) partitions. The modemst* partitions are all zeros, at least on the e980 I have here.
The Following User Says Thank You to culot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift culot Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 03:53 PM |#10  
Flag Đồng Nai

More
Quote:

BTW: I think the latest version of the LG driver is 3.14.1.

Thanks for the log! Which model of the G Pro do you have -- f240k?

NOTE: Don't trust this build to backup your EFS, as I mistakenly assumed the G Pro used the modemst1(/2) partitions for EFS, but it turns out it's actually the m9kefs1(/2/3) partitions. The modemst* partitions are all zeros, at least on the e980 I have here.

Thanks for the info, My device is F240L.
22nd June 2015, 09:04 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 302

Donate to Me
More
@ecrum how can i modify this to have it work with the E980? I am very eager to do so? Or do you have a working version for the E980?

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote:

@culot is there any way to get this version working on the E980?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)