[rom][geehrc][5.1.0] rastapop+vanilla [15/03/2015][DISCONTINUE]

Search This thread

jjairal

Mar 6, 2009
Rom is very fast but seem to have issues locking in GPS. Have tried flashing stock rom to get lock then resorting backup but no go. And tried faster GPS app and others. But no go. Outdoors seems ok but not great. Indoors never get lock.

Sent from my LG-gee using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Whiplashh

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
I was curious if this would feel significantly different from MikeEx's unofficial CM for GEE. I could tell right away that wake from power button is so much snappier.

Great job! I hope you will be working on the 5.0 update later this week...

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
FYI I hit the photosphere button by accident and the camera exploded. Cleared data in camera so and rebooted, seems OK. This is the google camera (from PA gapps) so not demanding a fix or anything, just a warning don't hit that button

MikeEx

Nov 28, 2008
I was curious if this would feel significantly different from MikeEx's unofficial CM for GEE. I could tell right away that wake from power button is so much snappier.

Great job! I hope you will be working on the 5.0 update later this week...

I should have a look at this archidroid stuff when I get back.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
I should have a look at this archidroid stuff when I get back.

Yeah I was going to ask about that in your thread, but not sure if that falls into the category of "it's not stock cm" thus out of scope. I can't say I see any major performance differences with this aosp vs cm11, but the delay on wake in cm does seem to be a real thing. Not sure how to troubleshoot that or to what extent it is happening on other devices

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
For anybody who wants it, I have a zip file that enables navigation bar and disable the hardware keys (since the lights don't work anyways), turning our phones into a true Nexus 4. Let me know if anyone wants it and I'll upload.

I'd like to have that zip, if you don't mind. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: iamterence

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
Here's a question: didn't Google declare at some point that the new design spec is, always show the overflow menu, even when devices have a physical menu key? Yet chrome hides the overflow menu.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Here's a question: didn't Google declare at some point that the new design spec is, always show the overflow menu, even when devices have a physical menu key? Yet chrome hides the overflow menu.

Maybe they will start implementing that in android L?

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Uploaded! It looks good :D

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bztj7B1kx-65bWJVb1VTdTRucmM/edit?usp=docslist_api

6367940250d3ba1e794e53290cae2cda.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Hey @JustinXu how about naming this ROM the "Nexus G" ROM? ;)

JustinXu

Feb 6, 2013

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Can anyone tell me where to navigate to find the image so I can change the dialer icon from the jellybean one to the kitkat one? Or does anyone know of an app I can replace in the system with it? I was thinking the CM one but I didn't know if it would break something.

I know I can use Unicon and Xposed Framework with a stock icon pack to cover it up, I just want something more permanent and something I can give back. It isn't much, just wanted to try something new and dig into APK's myself. :)

I might just try (once I locate the image) taking the icon from the cm one.

Thanks again

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Can anyone tell me where to navigate to find the image so I can change the dialer icon from the jellybean one to the kitkat one? Or does anyone know of an app I can replace in the system with it? I was thinking the CM one but I didn't know if it would break something.

I know I can use Unicon and Xposed Framework with a stock icon pack to cover it up, I just want something more permanent and something I can give back. It isn't much, just wanted to try something new and dig into APK's myself. :)

I might just try (once I locate the image) taking the icon from the cm one.

Thanks again

Just use a different launcher from the market. They usually come with stock KK icons.

dwielunski

Dec 11, 2010
Location services?

I am having some issues with Location in Chrome and possibly in Google Now as well. While I can get a GPS lock, and the Maps app works properly, the Google home page (google.com) shows "Location unavailable" at the bottom, and tapping "use precise location" does not do anything. Also, at maps.google.com, tap the location button and get after a few seconds "Your location could not be determined". I have tried toggling the various location options and clearing individual website settings, but no luck.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Please check maps.google.com, should be straightforward to verify if this is an issue or just me. I am still on RC1.1 but will try updating today.

Whiplashh

Jun 29, 2012
Can anyone test this apk for me? This one is the dialer pulled from the RC1.1.
To install:
If on RC1.1 or lower:
Go to priv-apps on your system, and RENAME or delete the files called "Dialer.apk and Dialer.odex". If you are going to rename and just have them as a backup incase this doesn't work, I would suggest "Dialer.apk.bak and Dailer.odex.bak.".
After the original files back been backed up; copy and paste or push my dialer into the priv-apps folder. Reboot and see if it works.
If on RC1.2;
Do the same as above, just do not worry about any .Odex file, as I see justin has made it deodexed.

I would suggest trying this without an icon set applied or else you might not see if anything happened.
This mod is suppose to keep that AOSP dialer, but give you a KitKat Icon.
Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0k-6766oVOYYkl2MG9ZbWN6elU

(If this doesn't work, just delete my dialer from the priv-apps and rename the old apk(s) from "Dialer.apk.bak" to "Dialer.apk", or just restore the System part of a backup you have in clockworkmod/TWRP.)

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Credits;
Google & JustinXu for providing the AOSP and the AOSP build.
Cyanogenmod (I took their icon for this. :D)

Last edited:
Reactions: JustinXu

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Can anyone test this apk for me? This one is the dialer pulled from the RC1.1.
To install:
If on RC1.1 or lower:
Go to priv-apps on your system, and RENAME or delete the files called "Dialer.apk and Dialer.odex". If you are going to rename and just have them as a backup incase this doesn't work, I would suggest "Dialer.apk.bak and Dailer.odex.bak.".
After the original files back been backed up; copy and paste or push my dialer into the priv-apps folder. Reboot and see if it works.
If on RC1.2;
Do the same as above, just do not worry about any .Odex file, as I see justin has made it deodexed.

I would suggest trying this without an icon set applied or else you might not see if anything happened.
This mod is suppose to keep that AOSP dialer, but give you a KitKat Icon.
Link: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0k-6766oVOYYkl2MG9ZbWN6elU

(If this doesn't work, just delete my dialer from the priv-apps and rename the old apk(s) from "Dialer.apk.bak" to "Dialer.apk", or just restore the System part of a backup you have in clockworkmod/TWRP.)

Let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Credits;
Google & JustinHu for providing the AOSP and the AOSP build.
Cyanogenmod (I took their icon for this. :D)
efed77a7feaaab3f264a97d5484e3d5b.jpg

This is what happens when I try to click on the link. Make sure you set the access in Drive to anyone who has the link.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    /// WHAT IS RASTAPOP
    the way @rascarlo want Android

/// WHAT IS VANILLA
    pure aosp built from source

RASTAPOP System Details:
    Android 5.1.0_r1 LMY47D
    build with kevin's kernel.

bugs:
    keyboard light not working;
    when open flashlight in notification bar SystemUI crashed.
    Find one? Let me know.

rom:
    google drive

Root:
    Supersu

Google Apps:
    PA

MOD:
    turn on the keyboard light:
    Capacitive Buttons

Sources:
    rom:https://github.com/rascarlo?tab=repositories
    device:device_lge_geehrc
    kernel:kernel_msm

Credits:
    google for the sources
    kevin for new device tree
    rascarlo for the great rom
    Changelog:

RC 1 (07-10-14):
    Initial release

RC 1.1(07-10-14):
    remove aosp recovery;
    change device$kernel$vendor to MikeEx's work (same as the unoffical cm build);
    google's GCC 4.8;
    pick JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations - Increases performance up to 6x (more info:here);

RC 1.2 (15-10-14):
    deodex;
    update Adreno-drivers to 08082014;

Stable (18-10-14):
    add rastakat build; (google's GCC 4.8 & JustArchi's ArchiDroid Optimizations)
    rename aosp build to vanilla;

lollipop (07-02-15):
    add rastapop build.
    add vanilla 5.0.2 build.

lollipop (15-03-15):
    add rastapop 5.1 build.
    add vanilla 5.1.0 build.
    RASTAPOP for geehrc was uploaded.

add:
    vanilla 5.0.2 for geehrc was uploaded.
    @JustinXu you got yourself a winner here :) custom ROMs are cool and all, but nothing beats a pure stock Nexus 4/5 experience :D

i can't fall in love with android without a pure aosp rom.;)
    anyway, RC1.1 was uploaded, changlog can be found under the op, download, test, and enjoy it.
    if anyone know how to fix the keyboard light, please tell me. :)
    Understood what was happening, here roms stock camera driver by default and flash normal driver(mako) causes an error, but stock camera on geeb dont focusing(only infinity focus) :(

Later today I'll update the old camera version of matr1x and make the package able to revert to the old drivers.