Backport kernel from cm-12.1
Switch to ROW scheduler
Alarm block
Enable home screen rotation
Enable multi user mode
Revert Torch to cm-10.2

Special Thanks:
Quote:

Thanks to all those who came before. Notably, Shelnutt2 and Ricardo Cerqueira.

This is my personal build of KK. It is essentially stock cm-11.0 with some polish. I've backported the kernel from cm-12.1, which should make things more stable, and switched to the ROW I/O scheduler. I've also made some changes to AlarmManager, which reduces battery consumption. By default, no app has the permission to create a hardware wakeup alarm. This has important implications and will bite someone. If you use the alarm clock function, or calendar notifications... understand what I have changed and how to enable the needed functionality.

To enable wakeup alarms for an app, navigate to Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard > (menu button)Advanced > page over to Device > find said app and change the setting.

Also, take note of the apps that like to "Keep awake". Preventing apps from waking up your device does no good if it never gets a chance to sleep in the first place. This is important if you install gapps.

I have been using this since ICS in a slightly different implementation, whereby I gave a pass to com.android.deskclock and com.android.providers.calendar by hard coding those strings into AlarmManager. Cyanogenmod provides a framework to do something similar, but it is not enabled by default, and does not apply to system apps. I changed that, with the caveat that the clock and calendar need this to be changed after installation if relying on proper notification from those apps.

If you would like to get an idea of why Android has suffered from poor battery life, run adb shell dumpsys alarm. Try this before and after installation to see why I went this route.

XDA:DevDB Information
CM-11.0 / WakeBlock - ls970, ROM for the Sprint LG Optimus G

Contributors
fuzzy7k, Shelnutt2, Ricardo Cerqueira
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-07-21
Last Updated 2016-07-22

18th August 2016, 06:38 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've uploaded some Ting APN's to the download area. I have verified these working on the Ting network, with a large dependency on the PRL. Latest know working PRL is 25056. MMS and probably LTE do not work on 25055.

If these are installed after first boot, go to
Settings > Mobile network settings > Access Point Names > Reset to default.

They do not work on CM12.1.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)