[P710/P713/P714][KK][KERNEL] KitKat Kernel for LG Optimus L7 II

Which feature would you expect in later revisions?

• OTG support

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • CPU overclock

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Further GPU overclock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better kernel optimization

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

firekage

Aug 23, 2014
Sorry for stupid question but in post one there is written something like that "use cwm to flash it". Does CWM work with LG L7II P710 with default software? Would cwm work on this?

airidosas252

Mar 22, 2014
Šiauliai
Sorry for stupid question but in post one there is written something like that "use cwm to flash it". Does CWM work with LG L7II P710 with default software? Would cwm work on this?

Sure,

You need to revert back to Jelly Bean, then root your firmware. Then install CWM (there is instructions for installation in these forums with a link provided). Last steps would be: install KK ROM through CWM and then flash my kernel also through the same. :)

KWG V2

Aug 30, 2014
L7 II Dual user reporting,I flashed it,noticed the stock rom was less laggy for us and it changed the buttons function because of the L7 II Single and Dual hardware buttons difference. So unless the kernel gets ported,I recommend to not flash.

airidosas252

Mar 22, 2014
Šiauliai
It isn't entirely compatible with P715, so I don't recommend flashing it on dual sim version.
Maybe some day I will make my kernel compatible with P715, but I can't make promises by any means.

Sent from my LG-P710 using XDA Free mobile app

kalel29

Dec 2, 2010
I think I won't get back to Jelly Bean. Now I'm starting to like my phone. :D
I guess new governors helped quite a bit. Been using VR as IO scheduler and smartassh3 as CPU governor.
I'm about upping to 3.4.10 and patch my kernel with -O2 optimizations. :)

well i think that solves my question,i was going to ask you which are the best settings and well im trying yours,also what app are you using to set the cpu profiles????
btw its working fine on the p714,thanks.

maxx_hr

Nov 4, 2008
Brdovec

airidosas252

Mar 22, 2014
Šiauliai
Well, there is something wrong with CPU OC. I tried adding higher CPU clocks, but then phone won't even boot.
But I think I have found the bug. I'll look into it some day incoming week. (Not enough time for me, apart from weekends)

thenotonly

Jan 21, 2014
Quatre-Bornes
Nothing Phone 1
Well, there is something wrong with CPU OC. I tried adding higher CPU clocks, but then phone won't even boot.
But I think I have found the bug. I'll look into it some day incoming week. (Not enough time for me, apart from weekends)

I'm willing to help as a beta tester. Just contact me if you need help.

Thanks

airidosas252

Mar 22, 2014
Šiauliai
Just by editing GPU clock table inside devices-msm7x27a.so if I remember it right. When I upload my kernel sources to the Github, you'll see it clearer.
If root does work, then the bug I written is nonexistent. :)

Last edited:

Al3xG

Oct 26, 2012
Great work airidosas252! I'm downloading your kernel ;)

ps: only for reference, where have you found the sources for the LG kernel? They don't seem readily available... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ---KITKAT KERNEL---

By @airidosas252

I'm glad to introduce first custom kernel at XDA for our LG Optimus L7 II (model P710)

Disclaimer:

HTML:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features of this Kernel
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HTML:
    My work done ever since now:
    After having problems with Wi-Fi, now kernel is kinda universal, 
    since it accepts any modules available in /system/lib/modules folder. 
    Thanks to workaround, I had succesfully disabled vermagic checking 
    and Wi-Fi is functional and kernel is fully functional now.
    Overclocking is still very basic and I don't think I'll be able to go any 
    further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This kernel now moved out of ALPHA stage. Now it's in BETA stage.

Changes in my kernel (v 0.3):
    -Further optimizations
    -CPU overclock to 1036 Mhz
    -GPU overclock is fixed now (available steppings: 320, 400, 450 MHz)
    -USB OTG support (you need to fix permissions using USB Host Check app
    -Fast charge
    -USB HID support

Now available features in my kernel (changed in 0.2):
    -Now it is much stable than it was before
    -Much more responsive to heavy CPU tasks
    -UI performance improvements
    -Battery life might improved a little bit
    -Drivers are optimized using additional ARM flags
    -Different memory allocator (SLAB)
    -Kernel version 3.4.2
    -FRandom (needs testing)
    -Used different toolchain with -O2 optimizations (Linaro 4.7.4)
    -Enabled NTFS file system, prebuilt exFAT file system support (exFAT is probably only available in v.0.21)
    -Additional GPU clocks for better performance: 320 Mhz, 400 Mhz, 500 Mhz.
    -Additional CPU governors: lulzactive, Smartassh3, ondemandX, smartass2, lulzactive,
    -Some additional IO schedulers: sio, sioplus, vr
    -Universal modules support (can be buggy in later revisions)
    -Fully working ZRAM (rather slow at the moment)
    -SWAP
    -Smaller kernel footprint thanks to the Linaro toolchain

Bugs:
    -USB OTG still could not work. Drivers are very buggy. Always use powered USB Hub.
    -If you want to use exFAT formatted sdcard, you'll need to mount it manually. Otherwise the system won't see it.

Post bugs in the comments section below. I will always read them all. :)

Link for the source code is https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzS7kS2MZuyucVpyNWlvVThOSHM/view?usp=sharing

Just flash this flashable zip through CWM and you're good to go. :)
    I have some good news,

I've managed to get 1036 MHz overclock stable. I know it's small, but it's getting there where I really want it to go. :)
    I disabled ZRAM just for reference, because it slows down phone in my opinion. :)
    Some news:
    Looks like I've succesfully overcame the OC block, but the phone is very unstable, even with 1046 MHz overclock. I think that voltage provided for such speed is too low.
    Moreover, I've pushed GPU even further (got 420 MHz stable with raised bus speed)
    I won't drop that kernel now, because there is too much risk for damaging the phone and I'm having problems with Github.

Although I really appreciate your work, I'd like to share some thoughts with you: finding the ideal/optimal Freq-Voltage pairs and settings for CPU OC may take up several months, one of my old device's dev said that it took him about 2 months to find the best values without bricking his phone.
    So don't care about ETA questions, and take your time patiently, those who really appreciate your work will be as patient, and will be thankful for what you've done.
    Thanks for understanding.

I know, that all that modifying work is hard as hell. Nevertheless, I won't give up and will give everything I've got. :)

Some news:
    Looks like I've succesfully overcame the OC block, but the phone is very unstable, even with 1046 MHz overclock. I think that voltage provided for such speed is too low.
    Moreover, I've pushed GPU even further (got 420 MHz stable with raised bus speed)
    I won't drop that kernel now, because there is too much risk for damaging the phone and I'm having problems with Github.