[RECOVERY][CWM] CWM 6.0.5.1 for LG L7_2

1,169 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,037

By neutrondev, Senior Member on 4th January 2015, 11:09 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread

After 2 months of work this is finally booting on our device @AnBro-ID can confirm it (he is the first to try it, congratz). No device atm so I am just getting thread ready for when my device will come from warranty.
And oh I forgot after this is bug free. We are getting Philz Touch also for the party to be complete. Please support me. Thanks to you all. You are amazing.

CWM Touch Recovery 6.0.5.1 for LG L7_2

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or any other damage made to your device. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this
 * RECOVERY before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, 
 * and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
 * I will laugh at you.
 */

In this thread you can find:

Post#1:

1. Presentation
2. Changelog
3. Known bugs + fixes

Post#2:

1. Flashing instruction
2. Thanks
3. Donator Hall of Fame
4. Download links

1. Presentation
What is ClockworkMod? ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM) is a replacement recovery option for Android devices, made by Koushik "Koush" Dutta.

2. Changelog

Code:
04-01-2015 - Initial release (closed alpha)
bugs that are mentioned in bug section
Code:
04-01-2015 - Beta 1
fixed all bugs in the bug section but adb sideload
sometimes device will reset or screen will flash during start-up if you reboot to system (from recovery)
Code:
12-01-2015 - Release 1
fixed adb sideload
forced another offset in memory to solve the rebooting problem (screen might flash a little though)

3. Known bugs
- image is inverted (need to do an 180 degree rotation in the framebuffer) fixed, HELL YEAH!
- image jumps when you press buttons (need to investigate when I get my device)
- external_sd is not mounted
- image too small (not really a bug but I need a device to see what can I do)
- adb is not working
- power button is recognized as home button -> well not a bug this is how buttons are mapped, at first I understood power button is switched but no, both buttons can cofirm, all good.
- adb sideload not working
Not really bugs (I will still mention them for you to not worry):
I had to force offsets into memory for recovery to boot and also I had to mess with the framebuffer bitmap (the thing that makes image into memory). If you reboot from recovery to system or if you boot in recovery etc you might experience screen flashing for some seconds. Ignore it. It won't do harm or do any damage just some offsets that are conflicting (for example recovery with kernel).

The bugs written up are the ones that I am aware of. Do not say that the things mentioned are not working since I will just ignore it (I know it and will fix when I have time/motivation and so on, if it can be fixed).
Feel free and I encourage you to report bugs that I am not aware of. Please give a detailed view of the bug. Not just not working and similar things. Post screens/logs all taht can be useful.

Project state: STABLE

If you have any bugs submit them here, in this forum. And don't say hey it's not working or things like that. Give a detailed review of the problem.

I worked a lot for this recovery to work. If you can afford to get me a coffee I would love it. Donation link is at my avatar ^.^. Thanks. Also remember to hit the Thanks button please.

Get my coffee right here, right now <3:

Created 04-01-2015
Last Updated 12-01-2015
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to neutrondev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutrondev Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 11:19 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
1. Flashing instruction
Method 1:
*OUTDATED: Just open the zip from last version and copy that recovery.img if you want to use this.
Copy the "recovery.img" from download to the root of the SD card.

Code:
1. With terminal emulator or using adb do this:
2. adb shell
3. su
4. dd if=/storage/external_SD/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
Method 2:
Download the version you like (the zip) and flash it in any recovery.

On Windows your device might get detected as Unknown. You need to set the driver from device manager manually. Choose LGE adb interface ot adb interface.

2. Thanks

ClockWorkMod
@Koush

3. Donator Hall of Fame

4. Download links
Newest:
CWM_6.0.5.1_P710_Release1

Older:

If you find this useful really PRESS THE THANKS! BUTTON! It take literally 1 second. Why wouldn't you press it?
Any kind of mirroring, repacking, uploading this files or files that come from this files on other websites/forums is not allowed. If you want guys on other forums to get this, give them the link to this. Thanks. Please respect my work and do not reupload this files.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to neutrondev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutrondev Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 05:36 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
You can take this as #3 reserved if I need more space. @AnBro-ID is helping me to debug. He is really patient. Fixing bug after bug. You will get the first release when I am managing to rotate the screen. That is the only graphical problem that's let. I fixed the jumping when touching the screen. Have a great night.
EDIT: it will take a while because I need to reverse buffer (for reversed image). Managed to make code for it but only half of screen is inverted... Bleah.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neutrondev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutrondev Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 03:11 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Well yeah just to keep you updated. After a hell of a work (around 20 builds) and a lot of testing by @maxx_hr and @AnBro-ID (which I want to thank a lot) screen is finally rotated (well it was in 5 pieces and 2 colors) haha. That is fixed now. Release is very soon. Buy me the cookies. <3.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neutrondev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutrondev Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 04:27 PM |#5  
Tel Aviv
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christi9503

Well yeah just to keep you updated. After a hell of a work (around 20 builds) and a lot of testing by @maxx_hr and @AnBro-ID (which I want to thank a lot) screen is finally rotated (well it was in 5 pieces and 2 colors) haha. That is fixed now. Release is very soon. Buy me the cookies. <3.

Guys, please enable cookies in your browsers...
The Following User Says Thank You to Digdis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Digdis Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 08:28 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdis

Guys, please enable cookies in your browsers...

Yeah but cookies are good with coffee. Just joking. Serious things.
Screen fixed (fully working), same for swipe
Adb working
External_sd and extended partition on sd are now mounting.
All issues but the power recognized as menu key are working (the bugs I know of). Don't say heey that's not working it will piss me off. I know and I need to create a custom recovery keymapping. In a later release. Tomorrow evening this is going with full power here haha. Join the party !!! Good night for now.
8th January 2015, 09:18 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
As I promised. It's uploaded. Take care. Good night and keep it safe!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neutrondev For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neutrondev Ad-Free
8th January 2015, 09:46 PM |#8  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 329

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christi9503

As I promised. It's uploaded. Take care. Good night and keep it safe!

Downloaded & tested, working nice and smooth, just awesome!
Great job, keep it up for CM!!!
8th January 2015, 09:53 PM |#9  
Flag Kiev
Thanks Meter: 0

More
work on 715?
8th January 2015, 09:59 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Does it have the Fix root option? Thats the only reason I returned from TWRP to riskey CWM.
9th January 2015, 06:13 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bucharest

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullika

work on 715?

Read the title my friend. Of course it will work (but sure better ask, way safer<3). This should work on any L7_2 model. That means p710 p712 p715 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWG V2

Does it have the Fix root option? Thats the only reason I returned from TWRP to riskey CWM.

I don't know why would you need a fix root option. TWRP itself has an option to fix root on your phone. TWRP is way better than normal CWM imo. I don't have a device I didn't test myself. If the source code (so CWM source) has this option it should be present. Try it yourself.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
clockworkmod, cwm, lg p710, lge, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread