FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

No keyboard on the LG P760 after hard reset

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Just Mike, Junior Member on 15th June 2019, 11:19 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a bit of a problem right now with my old LG P760.

So yesterday I was trying to install a custom rom on my old phone, so that I could update it to 4.4 KitKat. (It was running on the official OTA update 4.1.2 Jelly Bean) But I forgot what my password was so I couldn't unlock the phone. (It was rooted by the way) Then I hard reseted it so that i could go through the setup wizard and after that install the custom rom. Only I forgot i deleted the system keyboard. So when I was trying to type in the wifi password the keyboard wouldn't show up. And I cannot skip the setup wizard so that I could activate USB debugging. If anyone has a solution to this problem, then it would really help my out here. Thanks!

22nd June 2019, 07:22 AM |#2  

More
Hey. Go to https://www.lg.com/ru/support/support-mobile/lg-P765 download USB DRIVER and LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL in the Software & Firmware section, then install (on Windows 7), then turn off the phone, press the volume up button and hold it, connect it to the computer, if everything is normal, the phone will switch to s / w mode, LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL will detect the phone and in the additional section select recovery after unsuccessful update and wait. Perhaps some data will be deleted.
24th June 2019, 12:29 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Actually I somehow fixed it by not setting up my wifi, and then I was able to skip the setup wizard. Then I installed a few necessary APK files (including Gboard) but then I started going crazy trying to unlock the bootloader and flashing a custom recovery. After messing too much with the root app flashify, I just about broke down after this mistake: I got the LG Security Error. So a few days after that I wanted to install the LG mobile support tool (I did not click on you're link yet btw), but it wouldn't install on my Asus laptop running Windows 10. So the next thing I'm gonna do is try you're link, and if that doesn't install, I'm simply running out of options. But anyway thank's for you're help!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)