Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV][ROM][5.0.2][CM12] Lollipop for LG-P500

1,697 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,508

By ibub, Senior Member on 3rd January 2015, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
To my brothers (you know who you are)
Long, long ago...
A small pet dinosaur was left, abandoned and alone. His keepers, it seemed, had more interest in newer, more capable pets. But he eventually met with other dinosaurs, also abandoned, and a man named hephappy...

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
NO DOWNLOADS

The purpose of this thread is two-fold, I think. It is meant to be a venue for androidarmv6 (team) ,as most of their development is done off- site. It is also meant to be a place for hard core dinosaur lovers to test this work, and add to it as development proceeds. As androidarmv6 has brought us, the p500 community, through to working CM- 11, now we will start a new chapter, namely CM- 12. At the time of this posting, there have been several successful builds for the p500. But none are successfully booting, as yet.
I can't stress enough that most of this work is experimental, as the newer source code is being adapted to work on these devices. So unless you are okay with a possibly bricked (unusable) phone, don't flash any of these ROMs. Also, I do not have any responsibility or liability in the case that you should damage your phone by flashing any of this firmware. Also, your warranty will be voided. And I do not represent, and am not affiliated with androidarmv6. That said... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

http://androidarmv6.github.io/

Source code:

https://github.com/androidarmv6

You can watch development as it progresses, or you can sign in and participate here:

http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/q/status:merged

JENKINS SHUT DOWN
NO DOWNLOADS

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using daishi4u bumped twrp 2.8.3.0 and bumped key-boot-recovery kernel
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free

3rd January 2015, 07:08 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville,Ky

More
...as he looked back on the sleeping giants, exhausted from their long journey, the wizard Androidmeda new that he had taught them all that he could, and they had all that they needed. But he also knew that they would never be able to survive crossing the mountains into the new land. Only their child would be able...

Well I guess this is it my brothers. Seems that all has been tried, and CM-12 will not be released for armv6 devices. But many thanks to our devs for trying. It's been a long run. Amazing, just amazing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free
3rd January 2015, 10:23 PM |#3  
UTC +7
Thanks Meter: 1,568

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

To my brothers (you know who you are)
Long, long ago...
A small pet dinosaur was left, abandoned and alone. His keepers, it seemed, had more interest in newer, more capable pets. But he eventually met with other dinosaurs, also abandoned, and a man named hephappy...

The purpose of this thread is two-fold, I think. It is meant to be a venue for androidarmv6 (team) ,as most of their development is done off- site. It is also meant to be a place for hard core dinosaur lovers to test this work, and add to it as development proceeds. As androidarmv6 has brought us, the p500 community, through to working CM- 11, now we will start a new chapter, namely CM- 12. At the time of this posting, there have been several successful builds for the p500. But none are successfully booting, as yet.
I can't stress enough that most of this work is experimental, as the newer source code is being adapted to work on these devices. So unless you are okay with a possibly bricked (unusable) phone, don't flash any of these ROMs. Also, I do not have any responsibility or liability in the case that you should damage your phone by flashing any of this firmware. Also, your warranty will be voided. And I do not represent, and am not affiliated with androidarmv6. That said... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Source code:

https://github.com/androidarmv6

ROMs:

http://jenkins.androidarmv6.org

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using tapatalk

Congrats! Nice preface wording, bro!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xu3sno Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 09:29 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1,158

More
Great! and thanks.

I have not been using cm-11. Omni runs better and seems!! to have fewer bugs. Problem with cm is that when newer comes along, older bugs are left there. I guess we all prefer to play with the latest and greatest so not really complaining. My real problem with cm-11 is the special recoveries needed for it.

I would like to try cm-12 builds, but want to be able to get back to the omnirom. How do I get around the recovery changes (would be nice to have a cwm or twrp that asks on bootup: Want TSL? Switch system and data? But for now, I do not want to lose my alternatives or brick the phone.

How to proceed?

BTW: Link points to end-user builds (cm-11). We'll get there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dovidhalevi Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 10:03 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville,Ky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

Great! and thanks.

I have not been using cm-11. Omni runs better and seems!! to have fewer bugs. Problem with cm is that when newer comes along, older bugs are left there. I guess we all prefer to play with the latest and greatest so not really complaining. My real problem with cm-11 is the special recoveries needed for it.

I would like to try cm-12 builds, but want to be able to get back to the omnirom. How do I get around the recovery changes (would be nice to have a cwm or twrp that asks on bootup: Want TSL? Switch system and data? But for now, I do not want to lose my alternatives or brick the phone.

How to proceed?

BTW: Link points to end-user builds (cm-11). We'll get there.

Thanks, link updated to View/All.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free
4th January 2015, 07:21 PM |#6  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 50

More
This is great @ibub !
Thanks for taking the initiative of building CM12 for this device, which never seems to grow old.....
The androidarmv6 team is just awesome! Keep up the gr8 work! It's always appreciated!
Waiting for it to boot for now...
The Following User Says Thank You to aayushARM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aayushARM Ad-Free
5th January 2015, 12:11 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville,Ky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3oDex3D_AyusH

This is great @ibub !
Thanks for taking the initiative of building CM12 for this device, which never seems to grow old.....
The androidarmv6 team is just awesome! Keep up the gr8 work! It's always appreciated!
Waiting for it to boot for now...

Just to be clear, this is not my work. Androidarmv6 team (mainly androidmeda for p500) compiles these ROMs. Thanks belong to them (him).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free
5th January 2015, 11:31 AM |#8  
Flag Severodvinsk
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Wut? ART isn't compatible with ARMv6, AFAIK.
5th January 2015, 09:55 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville,Ky

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casserole

Wut? ART isn't compatible with ARMv6, AFAIK.

We shall soon see.

The Following User Says Thank You to ibub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ibub Ad-Free
6th January 2015, 06:10 AM |#10  
UTC +7
Thanks Meter: 1,568

More
CyanogenMod announces official CM12 Nightlies!

http://phandroid.com/2015/01/05/cyan...m12-nightlies/

Do not even expect P500 on the list!

EDIT:
CyanogenMod 12 nightlies now available for 31 devices, based on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop (LRX22C). LG Optimus One is out of the list to be sure
http://blog.gsmarena.com/cyanogenmod...-0-1-lollipop/

While in other hand, our devs are working to port experimentally newer version of CM12 (Android 5.0.2 LRX22G) on armv6 obsolete devices, though!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xu3sno Ad-Free
7th January 2015, 11:24 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Louisville,Ky

More
You can look at development of android_art as it progresses here:
http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/q/status:merged
and here:
http://review.androidarmv6.org/#/c/7676/
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)