28th July 2014, 10:05 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,616

More
Arrow 14/07/27
Changelog:
  • Updated to last nightly
  • Increased read_ahead_kb to 2048 for better sd card read speeds
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HardLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HardLight Ad-Free

28th July 2014, 11:04 PM |#12  
UTC +7
Thanks Meter: 1,618

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardLight

Changelog:

• Updated to last nightly
  • Increased read_ahead_kb to 2048 for better sd card read speeds

Firstly, thanks for the update. So it's based on 20140727 where ARMv6 enable and switch to ART runtime, isn't?
Suggestions:
1. Since OTA doesn't work, you may provide just the incremental.zip, whenever last nightly build is available. No need to download full size rom.
2. It will be helpful, if TWRP is capable "one fit for all" , one TWRP for all ROM!

Hey, you push me to buy a new Class 10 SDCard (16 GB maybe). Just kidding. The old one reserved for backup
28th July 2014, 11:52 PM |#13  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 69

More
I tried partitioning SD card using minitool partition, installed TWRP, ROM and GAPPs.
Try to do a dalvik/cache partition but I had failed, TWRP doesn't mount data partition.
I tried more time without success.

Minitool doesn't accept / before name in the labeling and then I try using data e system (instead /data and /system).
Tri to boot mobile, but It doesn't boot (I wait 20 minutes).
Any idea?
29th July 2014, 02:17 AM |#14  
Flag God's own country
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xu3sno

Firstly, thanks for the update. So it's based on 20140727 where ARMv6 enable and switch to ART runtime, isn't?
Suggestions:
1. Since OTA doesn't work, you may provide just the incremental.zip, whenever last nightly build is available. No need to download full size rom.
2. It will be helpful, if TWRP is capable "one fit for all" , one TWRP for all ROM! (

+1
The Following User Says Thank You to mns123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mns123 Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 02:24 AM |#15  
UTC +7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casaprocida

I tried partitioning SD card using minitool partition, installed TWRP, ROM and GAPPs.
Try to do a dalvik/cache partition but I had failed, TWRP doesn't mount data partition.

Minitool doesn't accept / before name in the labeling and then I try using data e system (instead /data and /system).
Any idea?

Have no experience with Windows Mini Tool. Re-partition SDCard by using Linux (assuming you have a Linux box).
Here what I did as I posted previously.

Execute Terminal as root:

# fdisk -l will show sdcard, /dev/sdx
# fdisk /dev/sdx, follow the instruction to make partition in primary (p): vfat, ext4, swap, ext4.
formatting partitions
# mkfs.vfat /dev/sdx1 (for vfat file system)
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdx2 (for ext4 fs)
# mkswap /dev/sdx3 (for swap)
# mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdx4

Since Android based on Linux, making partition using Linux command is more accurate than Windows, IMHO.
The Following User Says Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xu3sno Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 06:11 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xu3sno

Suggestions:
2. It will be helpful, if TWRP is capable "one fit for all" , one TWRP for all ROM!

Hey, you push me to buy a new Class 10 SDCard (16 GB maybe). Just kidding. The old one reserved for backup

Yes it's based on 20140727, but speculations about ART is wrong. Conn O'Griofa just switched to local androidarmv6 repo of art, not enabled it.
Also here is the commit message: I'm merging this now, but only because it's needed to test changes. I don't intend for ART to be included in builds.
About ota and incremental, I don't use them so probably all upcoming updates will be full zips.
You mean TWRP capable of flashing to internal and external? If yes, it would complicate some things but I will try

Quote:
Originally Posted by casaprocida

Any idea?

Then partitioning you don't need to change partitions names, leave it blank. So after partitioning fat32 will have Removable Disk and other * names by default.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HardLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HardLight Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 07:04 AM |#17  
UTC +7

More
Quote:

Yes it's based on 20140727, but speculations about ART is wrong. Conn O'Griofa just switched to local androidarmv6 repo of art, not enabled it.
Also here is the commit message: I'm merging this now, but only because it's needed to test changes. I don't intend for ART to be included in builds.
About ota and incremental, I don't use them so probably all upcoming updates will be full zips.
You mean TWRP capable of flashing to internal and external? If yes, it would complicate some things but I will try

Thanks for the enlightenment. I did flash 20140727 in internal (have not yet a new 16 GB Class 10 SDCard) using @Notonlyeyes CWM 6.0.5.3 TLS compatible. Go to Settings > Developer option > Select run time to ART > Warning OK > reboot successfully, without error notifications. Don't know if the ART enable or not, feel no different with previous system set to traditional Dalvik

TWRP, yes just one TWRP capable to flash any ROM (internal or external as yours) and restore nandroid backup. No need to swap between different version of TWRP, or between TWRP and CWM. Apology for so demanding

Wish you luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xu3sno Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 08:01 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
@HardLight: Can you make a TWRP support TLS flash all ROMs?
Because my sccard have class 4, not best for performance.
And I want use Link2SD to install many apps.
How is to increase /system not use OS2SD?
29th July 2014, 12:43 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member

More
Arrow New version
  • Uploaded latest nightly (20140729)
  • Made TWRP-MULTI version for flashing ROMs to internal and external memory.
    Regular roms flashes normaly to /system and OS2SD roms to /sd-system. Also there is /data for internal and /sd-data for external memory.
    Please note that /sd-ext and /sd-system are same partions.
    For the people who don't want experimenting flashing to external and internal with same recovery: TWRP-OS2SD version will still work on new roms.
  • Uploaded new gapps package for new recovery (also compatible with TWRP-OS2SD)

@anhsmile
I've already made it.
Download
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HardLight For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift HardLight Ad-Free
29th July 2014, 01:06 PM |#20  
UTC +7

More
Quote:

• Uploaded latest nightly (20140729)
  • Made TWRP-MULTI version for flashing ROMs to internal and external memory.
    Regular roms flashes normaly to /system and OS2SD roms to /sd-system. Also there is /data for internal and /sd-data for external memory.
    Please note that /sd-ext and /sd-system are same partions.
    For the people who don't want experimenting flashing to external and internal with same recovery: TWRP-OS2SD version will still work on new roms.
  • Uploaded new gapps package for new recovery (also compatible with TWRP-OS2SD)

@anhsmile
I've already made it.
Download

You're the man You save my day, bro!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xu3sno Ad-Free
30th July 2014, 11:20 PM |#21  
Flag Lavras
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
I'll try out this rom for sure!

There are two things that I love in a ROM:
- Bright control through status-bar
- Lock-screen when click in the clock
I don't know if it's possible in this rom, if not does someone knows how to?

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4.4, cm 11, optimus one, os2sd, p500

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)