MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
I'll try out this rom for sure!

There are two things that I love in a ROM:
- Bright control through status-bar
- Lock-screen when click in the clock
I don't know if it's possible in this rom, if not does someone knows how to?

Thanks!

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
I'll try out this rom for sure!

There are two things that I love in a ROM:
- Bright control through status-bar
- Lock-screen when click in the clock
I don't know if it's possible in this rom, if not does someone knows how to?

Thanks!

Brightness control works through sliding across the status bar. Setting > Status bar.
Which clock?
Simply double tap status bar and screen locked.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
Which clock?
Simply double tap status bar and screen locked.

I do have a problem with my physical power button, in sort of it's almost dead. So to restart or shutdown the phone I just press-and-hold the clock (top right corner from the main screen) for a couple of seconds to open shut-down options. It was said as a customization in another rom, I'm not sure if it's a default in Cyanogen.

Thanks in advance, I'll try your rom this weekend :good:

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
I do have a problem with my physical power button, in sort of it's almost dead. So to restart or shutdown the phone I just press-and-hold the clock (top right corner from the main screen) for a couple of seconds to open shut-down options. It was said as a customization in another rom, I'm not sure if it's a default in Cyanogen.

Both features are native features in cm-11 (4.4.4). Me either, don't like physical buttons. :) As far as possible, try to avoid using it, except for 3 buttons combo. Therefore, I prefer TWRP over CWM, enable soft buttons in navbar :cool: I'm using also Anreboot, grabbed it from Playstore, thanks to @sumansur2008 for pointing it, if I rightly recalled, to save my physical buttons.

This is @HardLight ROM. Credit goes to him :good: And it's worthwhile to give a try. :cool:

nomancoolboy

Jun 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
Partitioned ..
Primary partition is not being recognized by windows ..
Used mini partition tool ..
And I am not going to install linux just to partition my sdcard [emoji12]
Sdcard is not mounting in recovery
Now partitioning from old twrp ..
1.5 GB ext4 (then I will split this partition in 1 gb and 512 mb )
128 swap
And the rest fat32
Let's see what happens now

Last edited:

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
Partitioned ..
Primary partition is not being recognized by windows ..
Used mini partition tool ..
And I am not going to install linux just to partition my sdcard [emoji12]
Sdcard is not mounting in recovery
Now partitioning from old twrp ..
1.5 GB ext4 (then I will split this partition in 1 gb and 512 mb )
128 swap
And the rest fat32
Let's see what happens now

i wrote a tutorial to minitool here :D and some others "how to" for this awesome&beautiful rom and his great dev.
It's normal that primary partition has not recognized by windows before a restart :)

see here you can find in the "how to" the power button mod & enable soft keys

Last edited:
Reactions: kitu34 and xu3sno

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
I think I may just have bricked my phone: didn't flash anything just formated the SD Card and copy the files to it; trying to recover-boot (home + volume down + power) LG logo appears and then black screen only (waited for more than 30 minutes), doesn't boot at all even in the previous rom.

Any help/suggestion? Already try boot without SD but no success :(

nomancoolboy

Jun 24, 2012
Ahmedabad
I just checked that my sdcard is class 4 .. Too slow [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
Btw the rom is good ..
But due to slow mmc . rom was lagging heavily..
Any chance to install it in internal memory ?

HardLight

Nov 26, 2012
I just checked that my sdcard is class 4 .. Too slow [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
Btw the rom is good ..
But due to slow mmc . rom was lagging heavily..
Any chance to install it in internal memory ?

Yes, go to jenkins.androidarmv6.org and download latest nightly for p500.

I think I may just have bricked my phone: didn't flash anything just formated the SD Card and copy the files to it; trying to recover-boot (home + volume down + power) LG logo appears and then black screen only (waited for more than 30 minutes), doesn't boot at all even in the previous rom.

Very strange, maybe you flashed another recovery? If not sd partitioning couldn't broke anything with booting. To flash another recovery in this situation use fastboot, there is few threads with tutorial for it. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium

xdema

Jul 5, 2014

it's not bricked, if you only format the sd (external sd) did you have installed the twrp before format sd, and if yes wich one, the multi-rom or the old os2sd twrp?
pull out and reinsert the battery, and try to enter in recovery mode with 3 buttons,
after press the power button you can use also the only home buttons+vol down

the black screen it's normal if you didn't flash the rom (and with this os2sd rom if you start the phone without an sd it's the same)

@HardLight
i see in the updater-script that the mount point is set to this
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/system")
a simple question, if i use this updater script mod with other rom (i.e. rhar****'s omega) and your TWRP could i make my "omega os2sd" or there is something else to change?
ah i pushed the thanks button, but however i want to say Thank you for your work

Last edited:
Reactions: xu3sno

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
it's not bricked, if you only format the sd (external sd) did you have installed the twrp before format sd, and if yes wich one, the multi-rom or the old os2sd twrp?
pull out and reinsert the battery, and try to enter in recovery mode with 3 buttons,
after press the power button you can use also the only home buttons+vol down

the black screen it's normal if you didn't flash the rom (and with this os2sd rom if you start the phone without an sd it's the same)

@HardLight
i see in the updater-script that the mount point is set to this
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p2", "/system")
a simple question, if i use this updater script mod with other rom (i.e. rhar****'s omega) and your TWRP could i make my "omega os2sd" or there is something else to change?
ah i pushed the thanks button, but however i want to say Thank you for your work

you also have to change the fstab.p500 in the ramdisk, and the init.p500.rc, init.qcom.rc, or init.rc, whichever of those is actually mounting /system and /data.

Reactions: xdema and xu3sno

HardLight

Nov 26, 2012
SD partitioning guide

Here is SD partitioning tutorial for OS2SD Rom.

Mini Partition Tool (Windows):

1. You need to start with one partition formatted with fat32 (or unallocated space to create fat32 partition and skip 2 step):

6tj13kx6s58csij6g.jpg

2. Right click the fat32 partition and use Move/Resize tool to shrink that partition:

xb39bgvecvrqxqm6g.jpg

aebpkfx789x3sz06g.jpg

3. Right click on unallocated space and select Create. Following this create ext4, swap and again ext4 partitions:

352sx3xdq93wb8d6g.jpg

rutvlt7ijsb4kxx6g.jpg

l3ff44lacezvqae6g.jpg

4. After that you should end with this configuration (partitions sizes may differ) then hit Apply:

jb864l6yl7b9ef26g.jpg

GParted (Linux)

1. You need to start with one partition formatted with fat32 (or unallocated space to create fat32 partition and skip 2 step):

lehj5msjh8d2ja36g.jpg

2. Click the fat32 partition and resize it to shrink partition:

088jyp8xdcv5n8i6g.jpg

3. On unallocated space create create ext4, swap and again ext4 partitions:

47v7187ysp11l1k6g.jpg

7vll4nn8o7muszl6g.jpg

4. After that you should end with this configuration (partitions sizes may differ) then hit Apply:

43efl3ihe5ktf3a6g.jpg

Thanks rhar**** for pictures.

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
Oh I finally installed this amazing rom! I almost got my phone bricked in the first steps, but thanks to @HardLight my P500 is back to life! :D

Using a class10 SD and boy it does boot really fast compared to others CM10-11 roms!
Great work, I can't wait to taste it more but it's late (4am here) and I'm falling in the keyboard :p

Reactions: ibub and xu3sno

MagusWRM

Nov 16, 2012
Uberlândia
www.tbit.com.br
Using this ROM for two days in a row, installed all apps, no need to restart it yet still working without big lags.

All features working as expected (camera, wifi, etc), only a small lag sometimes when listening to music (using poweramp and ogg files), but hey it's a 600mhz phone :p (oc 672mhz)
In a resume I'm going to keep this ROM as my default for a long time.

Thanks again to @HardLight for this amazing work :good:

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
Using this ROM for two days in a row, installed all apps, no need to restart it yet still working without big lags.

All features working as expected (camera, wifi, etc), only a small lag sometimes when listening to music (using poweramp and ogg files), but hey it's a 600mhz phone :p (oc 672mhz)
In a resume I'm going to keep this ROM as my default for a long time.

Thanks again to @HardLight for this amazing work :good:

could you confirm that the camera app need 4-5 second to show what the camera see at first start?

:good: battery performance: 2d 11h with data (2g) always on and 1h of gps :victory:

kprsnt

Oct 17, 2011
Hyderabad
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Thanks for the enlightenment. I did flash 20140727 in internal (have not yet a new 16 GB Class 10 SDCard) :( using @Notonlyeyes CWM 6.0.5.3 TLS compatible. Go to Settings > Developer option > Select run time to ART > Warning OK > reboot successfully, without error notifications. Don't know if the ART enable or not, feel no different with previous system set to traditional Dalvik :silly:

Thats not art

We dont have art runtime

Its disabled and there is no libart.so file in Lib folder

For u its loading again on delvik

If u go back to settings and see U should know....

I already done this on at earlier stages of cm 11(when camera is working)...

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

could you confirm that the camera app need 4-5 second to show what the camera see at first start?

:good: battery performance: 2d 11h with data (2g) always on and 1h of gps :victory:

all the apps will take time to start in os2sd build..

I know it because i have used it long time ago.. (my sd card 4 and apps starting too slow )

One of the best thing about this os2sd rom is

Battery was tooooo good on this rom

For me It takes around 2.5 days to discharge 60% of my battery.. (when every one got around 1 day for full charging)

So now it'll give more than that....

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Does our p500 fully utilize the ultra SDcard speeds ??
Going to get one .. Especially for this rom

I dont think so...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LineageOS 11.0

3i30r4mgbd5z3eb6g.jpg

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 KitKat, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This is LineageOS 11.0 for LG Optimus One OS2SD edition based on androidarmv6 jenkins builds. I made this edition to solve lack of space in our P500 and and improve phone performance because many todays MicroSD cards are faster then this phone internal storage. What it does, it mounts /system and /data on SD card ext4 partitions, so this way you can have as many space as you want to install apps and flash untrimmed gapps without using any a2sd mods, link2sd, manual symlinking or dalvik2cache.

What's working:
    • Supports all android 4.4 (KitKat) features
    • Fully functional camera (preview, taking photo, recording video, panorama)
    • Full H/W acceleration with new adreno drivers, 3D modelling (yamato)
    • Hardware decoding of videos, Youtube HQ videos
    • Internet sharing (Bluetooth tethering, USB tethering, Wi-Fi hotspot)
    • Calls, SMS, MMS, 3G/2G, Mobile data, Data limit
    • Loudspeaker in call, Manual network search
    • Usb mass storage, Usb debugging
    • Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth headset, A2DP (Bluetooth Music), Car dock w/BT
    • GPS, Sensors, Lights, Touch screen
    • Funny SIM (128k USIMs)
    • Browser, GMail, GPlay
    • Youtube LQ/MQ/HQ
    • Offmode charging
    Known issues
    • Wi-Fi wakelock because of the old bcm4325 wireless driver
    • Swipe in stock keyboard because of missing armv6 libs
    • FM Radio (bcm4325 FM chip is depends on bluez-hcitool)
    • After Wi-Fi hotspot reboot is required to use Wi-Fi

Installation instructions:

I am not responsible for lost data or dead SD card, do this at your own risk.
    1. Backup all you data with Titanium Backup or alternatively use "Migrating to new file system without loosing data" method
    2. Backup all SD card contents to PC
    3. Flash TWRP recovery (20161230 or later)
    4. While in TWRP go to Advanced>Partition SD Card and use default partition sizes or adjust it depending on your needs.
      Also you can do partitioning on computer.

Use exact order and recommended partitions sizes as listed below
      • FAT32 primary for /sdcard
      • ext4 primary for /system (448 MB or more)
      • linux swap primary for /swap (64MB or more)
      • ext4 primary for /data (1024 MB or more)
      Partitioning guides:
      MiniTool Partition Wizard (Windows):

6tj13kx6s58csij6g.jpg

2. Right click the fat32 partition and use Move/Resize tool to shrink that partition:

xb39bgvecvrqxqm6g.jpg

aebpkfx789x3sz06g.jpg

3. Right click on unallocated space and select Create. Following this create ext4, swap and again ext4 partitions:

352sx3xdq93wb8d6g.jpg

rutvlt7ijsb4kxx6g.jpg

l3ff44lacezvqae6g.jpg

jb864l6yl7b9ef26g.jpg
      GParted (Linux)

lehj5msjh8d2ja36g.jpg

2. Click the fat32 partition and resize it to shrink partition:

088jyp8xdcv5n8i6g.jpg

3. On unallocated space create create ext4, swap and again ext4 partitions:

47v7187ysp11l1k6g.jpg

7vll4nn8o7muszl6g.jpg

43efl3ihe5ktf3a6g.jpg
    5. Copy all SD content from PC back
    6. Flash latest Rom and Gapps
    7. After system booted restore your data with Titianium Backup or alternatively use "Migrating to new file system without loosing data" method

Important! For f2fs rom make sure you have /data partition formatted with f2fs.
    Instructions:
    Note /data will be formated! Follow method above to backup data.
    In TWRP Go to Wipe>Advanced Wipe select Data. Then Repair or Change File System>Change File System>F2FS.
    Note: To reverse /data back to EXT4 do the same as above except select EXT4 in last step.

Migrating to new file system without loosing data:
    What do I need to migrate without loosing data?

1. ADB installed on your PC (somehow adb in recovery working only on linux for me) or use Terminal emuliator on TWRP
    2. sdcard with enough memory to backup whole your /data partition

How to perform a migration?
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Go to Mount menu and make sure that /data and /MicroSD are selected.
    3. Open Command Line (Windows) or Terminal (Linux/OS X) on your PC or Terminal emuliator on TWRP
    4. Type: adb shell and press ENTER (skip this if you are using Terminal emuliator on TWRP).
    5. Type: tar -cvpzf /sdcard/data.tar.gz /data
    6. Wait until operation will finish. If you see any error, it means you don’t have enough free space on your SDcard.
    7. Perform steps to format /data to new file system.
    8. Go to Mount menu and make sure that /data and /MicroSD are selected.
    9. Now type: tar -xvpzf /sdcard/data.tar.gz -C /
    10. If previous step didn’t produce any error, reboot your phone and check if it’s boot succesfully. If yes, you can safely remove data.tar.gz file from your SD card.
    11. Done. You have migrated to new file system without loosing your data!

Recommendations:
    • Use Class 6 or even Class 10 SD card for best performance
    • CPU settings: SmartassV2 480-748 MHz
    • I/O Scheduler: I've read that for emmc devices (sd card) best choice is SIO, but Deadline is also very good, please leave your feedback

Screenshots:

0mm2jkaqukro8296g.jpg

DOWNLOADS

Thanks to:

LineageOS for sources
    AndroidMeda, Conn O'Griofa and other members of androidarmv6 for bringing KitKat to P500
    skinbark, bigsupersquid for help on OS2SD mod

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 11.0 OS2SD, ROM for the LG Optimus One P500

Contributors
    HardLight
    Source Code: https://github.com/os2sd

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2014-10-17
    Last Updated 2019-03-14
    Update 2014/12/11

Changelog:
    Code:
    - CyanogenMod 11.0 sources updated to 2014/12/10
    - All updates from androidarmv6
    - Moved CMUpdater to extras (useless on this rom)

This is probably final update for CM 11 (unless there will be some major changes).
    I wanna say thanks for all of you because without you this rom wouldn't made this far ! :D
    Download
    Happy New Year

Hi all who are still following p500 forums in 2016! :highfive:
    I couldn't let this great phone to live with 2015 OS, so here is a little New Year present to all p500.
    There are two versions: EXT4 (/data fs is ext4) and F2FS (/data fs is f2fs), choose which one is better for you.
    Also it is recommended to use twrp-2.8.7.0, although if you need twrp-multi capabilities stick with previous recovery version.

Changelog:

- CyanogenMod 11.0 sources updated to 2016/01/01
    - Miscellaneous security updates form CM
    - Add lz4 compression algorithm for zRAM
    - Updated zRAM
    - Decrease zRAM size to 160MB
    - Change swappiness to 80
    - Add row as the default scheduler
    - Updated f2fs
    - Other kernel updates
    Cm11 os2sd 20150510

Our beloved P500 had a long but hard life. Its system partition never felt safe because phone master even once a week launched recovery... It is time to settle down little OOne :)
    As you should already realized this is last time I update my OS2SD project. I must say it was really fun to enter Android world through P500 - 5 year old phone with almost no limits because of its great community :good:
    Anyone who liked the idea of OS2SD can investigate my source on https://github.com/os2sd and build CM11 for P500 or adopt the concept for other devices.

Changelog:

- Full CM11 - all apps, media, binaries included (does not require larger /system because changelog #2)
    - Switched to ext4 for /system and /data (f2fs used too much space for little performance improvement in some areas)
    - Increase zRAM to 192MB for better multitasking
    - Included all locales
    - Enabled HighEndGfx mode, 16bpp surface formats and KSM by default
    - Overclock CPU by default (480-748 MHz)
    - Changed IO scheduler to SIO by default
    - Enabled MultiUser (you can switch accounts with power menu or on lockscreen in landscape mode)
    - CyanogenMod 11.0 sources updated to 2015/05/10
    If you coming from previous versions with f2fs, remember to convert /data partition to ext4 on TWRP. To backup data read "Migrating to new file system without loosing data" in OP.

Also uploaded new Minimal Gapps package.

DOWNLOAD ROM
    Twrp 2.8.3.0 multi 14/12/30

Hey, uploaded new TWRP-multi version for p500! :D

Changelog:
    Code:
    What's new in 2.8.3.0:

MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
        MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
        MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
        Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
        Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
        Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
        Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
        Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
        Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
        Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
        Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
        Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
        Other minor fixes and improvements

What's new in 2.8.2.0:

MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
        Pull in all changes from Android 5.0 lollipop into TWRP
        Add decrypt support for Android 5.0 lollipop encrypted partitions including automatic decrypt when the default_password is in use
        Revert some changes to exFAT that were breaking exFAT support on some devices
        Other minor fixes and updates

Note: At this time we do not have a GUI representation for pattern unlock. You can still decrypt patterns though by translating the pattern dots to numbers. The pattern dots correspond to numbers in the following pattern:
    1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

So an upper-case L would translate to a password of 14789 entered on the keyboard. Eventually we plan to add a proper pattern unlock to TWRP but it is a relatively low priority at this point.
    What's new in 2.8.1.0:

TrueT

What's new in 2.8.1.0:

TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar
        Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff
        Various other bugfixes and tweaks

What's new in 2.8.0.1:

Fix a bug that caused weird graphics and touch issues

What's new in 2.8.0.0:

Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
        Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
        Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
        Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
        Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
        Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
        Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
        Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
        Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240
        Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
        Other minor fixes and improvements

Over the course of the last year or so, bigbiff has worked to migrate various Java functions from Android's MTP implementation to bring you a fully C++ based MTP implementation that allows you to transfer files to both emulated storage and Micro SD cards. It's confirmed to work on various Nexus devices but we may have to make some changes on other devices to keep Windows happy. Windows is very picky about USB IDs and its drivers. We have tested it on Windows 7 and 8 as well as Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty. MTP is enabled by default, but we do toggle it off and on automatically during certain operations such as if you choose to wipe a storage partition. You can enable or disable MTP under the mount menu in TWRP. For more about what MTP is here.

Note: Due to a weird bug with our MTP setup, you cannot copy a zip file to the root of storage with Windows. You can change the .zip to something else like .txt and then copy it to the root and rename the file back to .zip once it's copied to the device. You can also copy the zip into any subfolder.

Command line support is also now available. You can perform various OpenRecoveryScript commands via the adb shell. Depending on what you are doing you may wish to do a "twrp set tw_mtp_enabled 0" and then reboot to prevent the MTP auto toggle from killing your adb interface. You can use this option to create and restore backups, wipe, install zips, and more. Via adb shell, type twrp followed by a space then enter the OpenRecoveryScript command and hit enter. Find more OpenRecoveryScript commands here.

Download