FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Solved] How to change the drawer icon - Huawei Home

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 17
 
Post Reply Email Thread
[SOLVED: The name of the drawer icon is com.huawei.android.launcher]



WARNING: I DON'T WANT TO SWITCH TO OTHER LAUNCHERS BECAUSE I LOVE HUAWEI HOME, IT JUST NEEDS THE RIGHT THEME.

It's three months that I'm using this new P10 Lite, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the app drawer icon.
I had success changing other icons with a custom theme made with EMUI Theme Editor (and used it on EMUI 5).
I tried the XDA Exclusive 1.2 theme for EMUI 5 and I saw that the icon changes to a more flat one when theme is applied.
The only problem is that I have my own theme and I want to use a different icon pack.
Does anyone know what file in the .hwt of the XDA Exclusive theme modifies that?

I'm sorry for any error, I'm not an English native speaker.
28th January 2018, 08:39 AM |#2  
dgattenb's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag wales
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
nova or use the themes
The Following User Says Thank You to dgattenb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgattenb Ad-Free
31st January 2018, 02:12 PM |#3  
miz_pimp's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 428
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zYoshi

WARNING: I DON'T WANT TO SWITCH TO OTHER LAUNCHERS BECAUSE I LOVE HUAWEI HOME, IT JUST NEEDS THE RIGHT THEME.

It's three months that I'm using this new P10 Lite, but I was wondering if there was a way to change the app drawer icon.
I had success changing other icons with a custom theme made with EMUI Theme Editor (and used it on EMUI 5).
I tried the XDA Exclusive 1.2 theme for EMUI 5 and I saw that the icon changes to a more flat one when theme is applied.
The only problem is that I have my own theme and I want to use a different icon pack.
Does anyone know what file in the .hwt of the XDA Exclusive theme modifies that?

I'm sorry for any error, I'm not an English native speaker.

If I'm not mistaken, you will find the app drawer icon in the Huawei launcher folder (com.huawei.android.launcher).
The Following User Says Thank You to miz_pimp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miz_pimp Ad-Free
3rd February 2018, 01:15 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miz_pimp

If I'm not mistaken, you will find the app drawer icon in the Huawei launcher folder (com.huawei.android.launcher).

Hi, thanks for replying.
Ok now I'm sure that it is com.huawei.android.launcher.
I solved it some days ago but I still couldn't figure the name of the icon.

Thanks again and goodbye
21st February 2018, 01:31 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Hi, did you find the name of icon, for change app drawer shortcut? @zYoshi
21st February 2018, 05:33 PM |#6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapfrog

Hi, did you find the name of icon, for change app drawer shortcut? @zYoshi

It's written on the beginning of the post
1st May 2018, 07:46 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
What format does the file have?
I wanna do the same thing as you and I found the file you were talkining about but how do I open it, what format does my new icon need to be?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes