FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Closed] Cannot hide navbar on EMUI 5

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello, I saw a screen made on my friend's EMUI 4 smartphone. There was an arrow pointing down, that's used to hide the navigation bar on EMUI 4.
Anyways, I don't have that on EMUI 5 (P10 Lite, build 188), it isn't even disabled.
I don't want to download a separate app, which might cause high RAM consume and some big bugs/glitches/problems.
Does anybody know how to enable that option?
Here's a screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180208-161014.png
Views:	544
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	4413348  
8th February 2018, 04:59 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Unfortunately it can't be done. There is software that adds it, but it has serious problems in some apps and games. The feature seems to have completely vanished from EMUI5.1 and Android 7.

Fortunately, modern apps and games don't have this issue, as they are programmed to show/hide the bar or have it transparent (like the gallery app). This won't help with older apps though. You'll be stuck with the buttons for those. I do wish I could hide them in the gallery. Viewing a full screen image with some transparent buttons on the side is a bit stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to dysje For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dysje Ad-Free
8th February 2018, 05:26 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysje

Unfortunately it can't be done. There is software that adds it, but it has serious problems in some apps and games. The feature seems to have completely vanished from EMUI5.1 and Android 7.

Fortunately, modern apps and games don't have this issue, as they are programmed to show/hide the bar or have it transparent (like the gallery app). This won't help with older apps though. You'll be stuck with the buttons for those. I do wish I could hide them in the gallery. Viewing a full screen image with some transparent buttons on the side is a bit stupid.

Ok, I understand. Do you think that it will come to EMUI 8 as we saw in other phones who already received the beta?
I also tried an app called "Settings Database Editor", it's working just when you want to hide it, but there's no known process which tells the smartphone that, when you swipe up, the navbar must come out.

I followed this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8l...arrow-t3443250
8th February 2018, 06:21 PM |#4  
Flag Subotica
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Immersive Settings
Immersive Settings app in Google play?
The Following User Says Thank You to pity02 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pity02 Ad-Free
9th February 2018, 10:15 AM |#5  

More
I think a day or so ago, some news came out that the p10 lite would get emui8.0. If hiding the buttons is possible in the emui8 beta, it would seem the p10 lite would be able to hide them as well. I sure hope so!
The Following User Says Thank You to dysje For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dysje Ad-Free
11th February 2018, 09:44 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pity02

Immersive Settings app in Google play?

I already said that I don't want to use external apps...

Quote:

I think a day or so ago, some news came out that the p10 lite would get emui8.0. If hiding the buttons is possible in the emui8 beta, it would seem the p10 lite would be able to hide them as well. I sure hope so!

Yeah it seems that it's confirmed, I hope that the button will be added on EMUI 8!
12th February 2018, 03:33 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
This is honestly one of the things that seriously annoys me about Huawei. They are constantly removing features from one EMUI update to the next. You become so used to having certain features while using a device, then as soon as you upgrade to another device, you lose that same feature you've been using for a year, or more! I miss being able to hide the navigation bar as well, and also being able to hide apps in the launcher. It's incredibly infuriating!
The Following User Says Thank You to miz_pimp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miz_pimp Ad-Free
30th March 2018, 10:42 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miz_pimp

This is honestly one of the things that seriously annoys me about Huawei. They are constantly removing features from one EMUI update to the next. You become so used to having certain features while using a device, then as soon as you upgrade to another device, you lose that same feature you've been using for a year, or more! I miss being able to hide the navigation bar as well, and also being able to hide apps in the launcher. It's incredibly infuriating!

Actually... They also add random features without telling anyone. As they added the living images from the Lumia series now to the camera app as well. It's a bit of a mess.

Fortunately, about the hidden apps: you can get them back using a third party app that can do a few config changes on EMUI. Unfortunately not for the navbar, but it is for the hidden apps and enabling custom fonts (partially): emui tweaker.
30th March 2018, 11:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 428

More
Quote:

Actually... They also add random features without telling anyone. As they added the living images from the Lumia series now to the camera app as well. It's a bit of a mess.

Fortunately, about the hidden apps: you can get them back using a third party app that can do a few config changes on EMUI. Unfortunately not for the navbar, but it is for the hidden apps and enabling custom fonts (partially): emui tweaker.

I haven't gotten that update yet, since my device is branded, but I'm hoping I get the living images soon too, because I think it's awesome!

Regarding EMUI tweaker, I used it for a while, but since the font in the hidden apps folder disappears after a while, and also uninstalling the app removes the tweak, I decided to stop using it. It's still a good app though, but I'd just prefer being able to activate the tweak using ADB commands, but no one seems to know the commands to enable it. Either way though, I might as well just get used to not hiding my apps, since all EMUI versions going forward won't have the setting anyway.

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)