Hello guys! Our p10 doesn't have received so much love from developers around here, anyway, there's some small works to make things easier for p10 users, like @OldDroid TWRP version for EMUI 5.x and some advances from @Blackball on the ROM department.
Right now, for p10 users who had updated their devices to EMUI 8.0, we didn't have any "official" twrp working to our systems, so we have to use Blackball's TWRP version for P10 plus (8.0) with some drawbacks like ADB not working over USB or decrypting /data partition.
I was looking for a solution around this and checking ROM systems across Huawei/Honor platform and i have found something interesting on Honor View 10 forums: a working TWRP which works very well with our p10 8.0 system. I have installed and tested some functions and seems to works very well, so i'm bring it to you to give some more extended testing about TWRP functionality under our system.
This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.
Download and Installation
- Download twrp recovery
- Start your device in fastboot mode
- Install the recovery using the following command:
fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
- Restart with this command:
- Enter to the recovery and try it: Vol + (at device boot up)
IMPORTANT: /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.
WHAT I HAVE TESTED:
- Decrypting data partition: works
- Mounting /system partition: works
- Installing ZIP over /system: works
- ADB over USB (including ADB sideload): works
- MTP function: works
- Backup&Restore: works
THINGS THAT NEED TO BE TESTED:
- IMG writing
- OTG function
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him. *** i know him from my SONY devices time, a superb and talented developer ***
**** @Pretoriano80 - This guy have made all the adaptation of this TWRP for Mate 10/Honor View 10 from zxz0O0 work... All my respect for him!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.
PLEASE TRY IT AND REPORT BACK!
(06/05)NEW VERSION, THANKS TO @Pretoriano80 for the new build GO GIVE HIM SOME LOVE THERE
- mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
- wipe cache is now fixed
- fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.
GO THERE AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO DEVS
Some of you have been reporting that mounting /system or another partitions doesn't work. I have discover that you need to decrypt data *before* to mount any other partitions.