FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Recovery][8.0][Unofficial] TWRP 3.2.1-0 for EMUI 8.0 (06/05/2018)

1,509 posts
Thanks Meter: 862

Post Reply Email Thread
AWARE! THIS IS NOT MY WORK! ONLY SHARE HERE FOR TEST PURPOSE!!

Hello guys! Our p10 doesn't have received so much love from developers around here, anyway, there's some small works to make things easier for p10 users, like @OldDroid TWRP version for EMUI 5.x and some advances from @Blackball on the ROM department.

Right now, for p10 users who had updated their devices to EMUI 8.0, we didn't have any "official" twrp working to our systems, so we have to use Blackball's TWRP version for P10 plus (8.0) with some drawbacks like ADB not working over USB or decrypting /data partition.

I was looking for a solution around this and checking ROM systems across Huawei/Honor platform and i have found something interesting on Honor View 10 forums: a working TWRP which works very well with our p10 8.0 system. I have installed and tested some functions and seems to works very well, so i'm bring it to you to give some more extended testing about TWRP functionality under our system.

Disclaimer

This software comes with no warranty,XDA staff ,myself or TeamWin stuff can't be hold responsible for any damage it may cause to your device.

Download and Installation
  • Download twrp recovery
  • Start your device in fastboot mode
  • Install the recovery using the following command:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk [name of the file].img --> ex: fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk twrp_blanc_0.1.img
  • Restart with this command:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
  • Enter to the recovery and try it: Vol + (at device boot up)

IMPORTANT: /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.

WHAT I HAVE TESTED:
  • Decrypting data partition: works
  • Mounting /system partition: works
  • Installing ZIP over /system: works
  • ADB over USB (including ADB sideload): works
  • MTP function: works
  • Backup&Restore: works

THINGS THAT NEED TO BE TESTED:
  • IMG writing
  • OTG function

CREDITS:
**** @zxz0O0 - This wouldn't be possible without this guy,so big big thank to him. *** i know him from my SONY devices time, a superb and talented developer ***
**** @Pretoriano80 - This guy have made all the adaptation of this TWRP for Mate 10/Honor View 10 from zxz0O0 work... All my respect for him!
**** TeamWin project ,obviously.

DOWNLOAD LINK:
PLEASE TRY IT AND REPORT BACK!
(06/05)NEW VERSION, THANKS TO @Pretoriano80 for the new build GO GIVE HIM SOME LOVE THERE

CHANGELOG:
  • mounting/unmounting issues shound be fixed , added a new option to exclude OEM path from wiping with Factory Reset and can be enabled/disabled in settings (thx Team OpenKirin for this), this version will work even with newer updates that bump security patch version.
  • wipe cache is now fixed
  • fixed decryption on EMUI 8.1 (now you can use the same password/pin/pattern to decrypt in TWRP), /recovery_ramdisk no longer available for backup./vendor no longer available for backup (use /vendor_image instead),/system and /data can be unmounting issue with 8.1 devices is now fixed.

ORIGINAL SOURCE:
GO THERE AND SHOW SOME LOVE TO DEVS

TROUBLESHOOTING
Some of you have been reporting that mounting /system or another partitions doesn't work. I have discover that you need to decrypt data *before* to mount any other partitions.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to espaciosalter20 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift espaciosalter20 Ad-Free

5th April 2018, 07:42 AM |#2  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by espaciosalter20

AWARE! THIS IS NOT MY WORK! ONLY SHARE HERE FOR TEST PURPOSE!!

Hello guys! Our p10 doesn't have received so much love from developers around here, anyway, there's some small works to make things easier for p10 users, like @OldDroid TWRP version for EMUI 5.x and some advances from @Blackball on the ROM department.

Right now, for p10 users who had updated their devices to EMUI 8.0, we didn't have any "official" twrp working to our systems, so we have to use Blackball's TWRP version for P10 plus (8.0) with some drawbacks like ADB not working over USB or decrypting /data partition.

after flashing it loops after twrp start screen
5th April 2018, 08:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funiewski

after flashing it lopps after twrp start screen

Same, twrp not loading menu screen, restart.
5th April 2018, 06:50 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bogotá, Colombia, Colombia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

after flashing it loops after twrp start screen

ok, checked. /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.
5th April 2018, 07:46 PM |#5  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

ok, checked. /data decryption is only necessary if you have set up fingerprint and pin code. If you have it, you only have to introduce your password ONCE (at first TWRP boot up) and in other reboots only cancel this action and you're ready to go.

Maybe it's misunderstanding but twrp never goes further than start screen for me
The Following User Says Thank You to funiewski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift funiewski Ad-Free
5th April 2018, 07:56 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Maybe it's misunderstanding but twrp never goes further than start screen for me

weird... can you tell me about your device? which p10 version (vtr-l09 or vtr-l29) and which EMUI version? thanks!
5th April 2018, 08:28 PM |#7  
Flag Stockholm

More
Quote:

weird... can you tell me about your device? which p10 version (vtr-l09 or vtr-l29) and which EMUI version? thanks!

VTR-L29, Android 8.1, RR rom, Gatorade kernel
5th April 2018, 10:14 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

VTR-L29, Android 8.1, RR rom, Gatorade kernel

Ok, thank you. On Original Thread this bug is also tracked. Right now, this version doesn't work on 8.1 roms... You have to wait for debugging...
5th April 2018, 11:21 PM |#9  
Flag Lac St Jean Quebec
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Hi...successfully flashed it without any errors (not using pincode or fingerprint)...

while backing up,it says it doesnt backup imgs and files in download in /data
(isnt it the main reason why we do backups? )
6th April 2018, 10:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2,649

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdunil

Hi...successfully flashed it without any errors (not using pincode or fingerprint)...

while backing up,it says it doesnt backup imgs and files in download in /data
(isnt it the main reason why we do backups? )

TWRP never did internal storage backups, you can do thst with your PC, OTG, etc... you don't need a custom recovery for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pretoriano80 Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 10:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Confirm working for me on L09C432 using stock oreo firmware. '/data' seems to be decrypted and also 'adb shell' was successful.

I had to use
Code:
adb reboot recovery
though, Vol+ on bootup always takes me to eRecovery (which I assume is a good thing).

Edit: One thing I noticed is that this recovery does not mount the same partitions as the stock firmware does. For instance when using adb shell, /system showed different contents when started using recovery. I was able to do mount the correct /system partition manually though.
The Following User Says Thank You to tadeussenf For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tadeussenf Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
emui 8.0, recovery, testing, twrp, wip

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)