FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

(Tutorial) Recovering a P10/P10+ Brick

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By neverd, Junior Member on 2nd May 2017, 04:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here’s what you need to fix your P10/P10+ brick.
This method was tested on a bricked P10 (didn’t test on the P10+)
  1. Bootloader already unlocked + Code (no need of twrp)
  2. SD Card
  3. Custom recovery (fix the entire update process)
  4. Stock rom UPDATE.APP from update.zip and update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip
    for your P10 + P10+ (choose the one you want to install, no need to be the one that come from with your P10, it could be the most recent one but linked to your exact model)
  5. Be patient

Extract the stock rom update.zip and update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip, both have an UPDATE.APP,
we are going to flash the one from the update.zip first and repeat the same process for the update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip one.

(1)Get ready your SD card
Insert your SD card on the PC, create a folder at the root and name this one dload, move the update.APP from the update.zip
to the dload folder.

(2)Boot your phone in fastboot (Hold Vol- + Power) USB cable need to be plug
Launch terminal on OSX or Windows with adb/fastboot
Write the command fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img

(3) Before rebooting your phone, insert your sd card that contain dload folder (update.app stock rom from update.zip) inside your P10/P10+
Turn off your P10/P10+

(4) Unplug the USB cable and hold vol+/vol- 5 to 10 sec or (until you see the message this device can not be trusted)

(5)Now the custom recovery updater should trigger and your P10/P10+ is updating, wait until 100% (it restart by itself).

(6)Your P10/P10+ should now boot without problem (bootloader locked)

(7) Is not finish yet, you are going to face NRD90M Test-keys that is normal, you simply need to
flash your cust.

(8) For that, we repeat the same process than before but instead of using the update.app from update.zip, you use the one from update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip and replace the one you have on your sd card (dload folder)

(9)reboot your P10/P10+ in fastboot (with of course USB cable plug and hold vol- + power)
There you simply write the command, fastboot oem unlock yourcode. Your phone is going to reset to unlock back your bootloader and you need to go back to fastboot

(10) after that, you reflash again the recovery with customrecovery.img using the command fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
and you reboot again in the custom recovery mode (same than before) there the P10/P10+ is updating again, take a few secs

(11) the P10/P10+ will restart and boot in the UI, congrats.

P.S : This process was not possible without proper change in recovery and manipulation, hopefully it help you
to recover your brick.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to neverd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neverd Ad-Free

2nd May 2017, 06:17 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverd

2. SD Card
    for your P10 + P10+ (choose the one you want to install, no need to be the one that come from with your P10, it could be the most recent one but linked to your exact model)
  5. Be patient

Extract the stock rom update.zip and update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip, both have an UPDATE.APP,
we are going to flash the one from the update.zip first and repeat the same process for the update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip one.

Insert your SD card on the PC, create a folder at the root and name this one dload, move the update.APP from the update.zip
to the dload folder.

(3) Before rebooting your phone, insert your sd card that contain dload folder (update.app stock rom from update.zip) inside your P10/P10+
Turn off your P10/P10+

(4) Unplug the USB cable and hold vol+/vol- 5 to 10 sec or (until you see the message this device can not be trusted)

(5)Now the custom recovery updater should trigger and your P10/P10+ is updating, wait until 100% (it restart by itself).

(7) Is not finish yet, you are going to face NRD90M Test-keys that is normal, you simply need to
flash your cust.

(8) For that, we repeat the same process than before but instead of using the update.app from update.zip, you use the one from update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip and replace the one you have on your sd card (dload folder)

(9)reboot your P10/P10+ in fastboot (with of course USB cable plug and hold vol- + power)
There you simply write the command, fastboot oem unlock yourcode. Your phone is going to reset to unlock back your bootloader and you need to go back to fastboot

(10) after that, you reflash again the recovery with customrecovery.img using the command fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
and you reboot again in the custom recovery mode (same than before) there the P10/P10+ is updating again, take a few secs

P.S : This process was not possible without proper change in recovery and manipulation, hopefully it help you
to recover your brick.

Thanks, will try this tomorrow!
2nd May 2017, 07:01 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
This sound interesting if this method is working both P10 and P10+. It mean that we can rebrand all of L09 models to L29 easily. Am i right? No more FunkyHuawei.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2nd May 2017, 07:54 PM |#4  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
I have a problem, my P10 boots and lets me configure like it's the first time, but doesn't go anywhere from there, just keeps asking the same stuff... Pls help :/
3rd May 2017, 04:05 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

to recover your brick.

Perfectly. Quite another matter.
3rd May 2017, 09:53 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKat8091

This sound interesting if this method is working both P10 and P10+. It mean that we can rebrand all of L09 models to L29 easily. Am i right? No more FunkyHuawei.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure about the rebranding, for that you need to mod your oem info and product/vendor id.
There is no need of FunkyHuawei, I actually don't support those kind of forcing.
3rd May 2017, 09:55 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkexxGo

I have a problem, my P10 boots and lets me configure like it's the first time, but doesn't go anywhere from there, just keeps asking the same stuff... Pls help :/

Question about the bootloader relock
the command to relock is fastboot oem relock yourcode.

Now about your issue, did you try a wipe cache/wipe factory/reset, go into the stock recovery and do a wipe cache/wipe factory reset.
3rd May 2017, 10:25 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

2. SD Card
  5. Be patient

to the dload folder.

Turn off your P10/P10+

flash your cust.

to recover your brick.

Hi neverd, I'm gonna give this method a try. Could you tell me where I can find the appropriate files for my P10 VTR-L29C636B120?
Much thanks.
3rd May 2017, 10:32 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustXDAing

Hi neverd, I'm gonna give this method a try. Could you tell me where I can find the appropriate files for my P10 VTR-L29C636B120?
Much thanks.

Carefully, they use the same name (update.zip) but one is the full ota, the other one the ota mf (cust, etc. the one that you need to flash the second time)

Update.zip VTR-L29C636B120
Update cust/hw xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to neverd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neverd Ad-Free
3rd May 2017, 11:37 AM |#10  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Question about the bootloader relock
the command to relock is fastboot oem relock yourcode.

Now about your issue, did you try a wipe cache/wipe factory/reset, go into the stock recovery and do a wipe cache/wipe factory reset.

Thanks about the relock command. I'll try it when I recover my phone.

I tried that, but it's like I don't have the full system installed, I tried a "full" ROM on the first flash, but I don't think it was actually a full rom, it was too small, I wanted to try another one, but the file being over 4gb I can't even copy it to a fat32 sd card... If I find another version that is a little smaller, maybe I could try, but now I only have erecovery, can't access anything else, hope it's enough.
3rd May 2017, 11:44 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Carefully, they use the same name (update.zip) but one is the full ota, the other one the ota mf (cust, etc. the one that you need to flash the second time)

Update.zip VTR-L29C636B120
Update cust/hw xxx

Thanks for the files!
I'm having a problem at step 4, it says software install failed right after 5%.

Just to confirm what I did. Press all 3 buttons (vol up, vol down, power) on until screen shows message.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)