This method was tested on a bricked P10 (didn’t test on the P10+)
- Bootloader already unlocked + Code (no need of twrp)
- SD Card
- Custom recovery (fix the entire update process)
- Stock rom UPDATE.APP from update.zip and update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip
for your P10 + P10+ (choose the one you want to install, no need to be the one that come from with your P10, it could be the most recent one but linked to your exact model)
- Be patient
Extract the stock rom update.zip and update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip, both have an UPDATE.APP,
we are going to flash the one from the update.zip first and repeat the same process for the update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip one.
(1)Get ready your SD card
Insert your SD card on the PC, create a folder at the root and name this one dload, move the update.APP from the update.zip
to the dload folder.
(2)Boot your phone in fastboot (Hold Vol- + Power) USB cable need to be plug
Launch terminal on OSX or Windows with adb/fastboot
Write the command fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
(3) Before rebooting your phone, insert your sd card that contain dload folder (update.app stock rom from update.zip) inside your P10/P10+
Turn off your P10/P10+
(4) Unplug the USB cable and hold vol+/vol- 5 to 10 sec or (until you see the message this device can not be trusted)
(5)Now the custom recovery updater should trigger and your P10/P10+ is updating, wait until 100% (it restart by itself).
(6)Your P10/P10+ should now boot without problem (bootloader locked)
(7) Is not finish yet, you are going to face NRD90M Test-keys that is normal, you simply need to
flash your cust.
(8) For that, we repeat the same process than before but instead of using the update.app from update.zip, you use the one from update_full_xxx-xxx_hw_xx.zip and replace the one you have on your sd card (dload folder)
(9)reboot your P10/P10+ in fastboot (with of course USB cable plug and hold vol- + power)
There you simply write the command, fastboot oem unlock yourcode. Your phone is going to reset to unlock back your bootloader and you need to go back to fastboot
(10) after that, you reflash again the recovery with customrecovery.img using the command fastboot flash recovery customrecovery.img
and you reboot again in the custom recovery mode (same than before) there the P10/P10+ is updating again, take a few secs
(11) the P10/P10+ will restart and boot in the UI, congrats.
P.S : This process was not possible without proper change in recovery and manipulation, hopefully it help you
to recover your brick.