Before you do anything (stupid), backup your data!!!! Don´t make me or others responsible, i warned you!!!!!
If you wan´t to go back to your orginial version some day, you have to backup your OEMinfo!!! Best way to that is via TWRP before the rebranding ( see details of STEP 1)
When using the follwing script, take your time and drink a cup of coffee/tea!!!! First rule, don´t panic!!! Don´t do any (unnecessary) extra steps, while using the script!!!
Be aware that the phone sometimes takes longer for a step to finish, or you get stuck on a certain procedure (maybe depending on your branding). Key is to what to do at this point e.g. how to boot manually into fastboot.
If for some reason you must restart the procedure and factory reset appeared for the step, remember to look for the debugsettings and other mandatory settings.
If you have a carrier version of the singleSIM P10 (VTR-L09xxxx) and you want rebrand or debrand it, you have to use the firmware for DualSIM (VTR-L29xxxx), or you SIM won´t be recognized anymore!
The good thing is, after that, you´ll be able to use both SIM or SIM and microSD. The provided HWOTA rom is mainly for the L29. If you want the L09 you have to replace the "update_all_hw.zip" in the update folder. If you not sure how to get, take a look in the Huawei-Forums
There are actually 5 versions for the P10 and to get updates from huawei directly, i recommend you to use this versions and my guide will only focus on this:
VTR-L29C432 <-- Unbranded European DualSIM version. [B]Use this version if you have an carrier branded phone (e.g. Vodafone, etc.)
Now to the (funky) huawei stuff :
1. Unlock your bootloader: (There´s no way around it (unfortnuately), but after the procedure your device will be locked again, so don´t worry!)
The device will make a factory reset, so once again, BACKUP your files!!!!!!!!!!
If you already unlocked your bootloader with installed twrp you can go to step 2. You don´t have to install TWRP in the following miniguide. the script installs it automatically.
But if you want to backup your system or the OEMinfo you have to do this step.
1. Download Hisuite and install: HiSuite
2. Enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
3. Install the ADB Minimal Installer or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and then restart if you already have the driver installed then skip this step.
4. Download TWRP for the P10
5. Now create a Huawei id from this page: Register for Unlock Code
6. After creating a Huawei id, fill out the detail on this page to get your unlockcode.
7. It will ask for a product identification code, (to get that dial *#*#1357946#*#*) and copy the MEI code and submit.
8. Save your code somewhere (in a textfile for instance).
9. Now go to ADB and Fastboot installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window as an administrator
10. Connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”.
11. Type “fastboot devices” in command prompt and hit enter, it gives you serial numbers in return means your phone connected properly.
12. To unlock bootloader, type fastboot oem unlock yourunlockkey. Here replace unlock key with the key you got. For example “fastboot oem unlock 1234567890″.
13. If you want TWRP at this point you have to copy the downloaded twrp.img-file into the adb directory and type fastboot flash recovery twrpimage.img <.--type in the exact filename you´ve downloaded.
14. To restart the system type “fastboot reboot”
15. Boot into TWRP and make a Backup of the "OEMinfo" and/or the system. You should be able to that without any guide, otherwise it´s a big mistake keep reading and following this guide!!!
1. Depending on your variant (You can check with the app firmwarefinder and imei, if the update is approved) use:
HWOTA_P10_B179 (MD5-Hash: 7D133B7484E7B4AABA84BA1284D148EC )
HWOTA_P10_B180 (MD5-Hash: 7E11EE56E83AB98DA4DE03273A6A7633 )
and extract it on your PC or your device SD Card. I recommend using 7zip.
some older versions of the hwota:
2. Run the update.bat file from a preopended CMD with adminrights, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
3. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
4. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
5. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
6. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
7. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the sdcard, cause you avoid problems with cheap cables, driverproblems, etc. Make sure you sdcard is fully working and has no errors.
8. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
9 Done! Be patient an let it do it thing.
10. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
11. Run the update.bat file as an administrator, It will ask you if you copied the files. Press any key to continue.
12. Now connect your device and Reboot into Bootloader mode using “Volume Down + Power” or just use “adb reboot bootloader” then press any key.
13. The above step will install TWRP in your device.
14. Now Disconnect USB Cable and turn off your device and use “Volume Up + Power” to enter TWRP.
15. Once you’re in TWRP mode, plug in the USB cable again and press the Enter key on your computer.
16. If your files are saved in the HWOTA folder on the SD card, type 1 and press ENTER and if files are saved in the HWOTA/Update folder on your PC, type 2 and press ENTER. I recommend using the harddrive of the pc
17. It’ll ask you the update type, again type 1 and press the Enter button twice.
18. Done! Be patient an let it do it´s thing.
19. If you have any problems booting, i recommend doing an low-level factory reset after.
After that, you´ll be able to get updates directly from huawei via systemupdate or use the awesome firmware finder from the playstore.
If you wondering how to use the firmware finder, watch this guide and do it step by step: Firmware Finder Tutorial If you don´t want to rebrand/debrand this maybe enough for you!
STEP 3 (Optional Update Method 1)
If you have already unlocked your bootloader und installed TWRP, you can also use this method to install the new system update:
1. Make a complete backup of your current system via twrp and save the backup to sd or your pc.
2. Download one of the Huawei P10_HWOTA files from above, save it on your device and unzip it
3. Navigate to the update folder in the HWOTA-folder and copy the 3 files to your device (sdcard recommended)
4. Now Boot your device into TWRP
5. In TWRP flash "update.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
6. Flash "update_all_hw.zip" and don´t reboot!!!
7. Flash "update_data_public.zip"
6. Wait until all files are flashed
7. Done! Reboot TWRP
STEP 4 (Optional Update Method 2):
1. download and install Firmware Finder
2. start the app and search for the exact model you want to update for example VTR-L29C432
3. Look for an FullOTA package and check with your IMEI if the device is approved
3. hit the button "inapp proxy" and setup the proxy with localhost and port 8080 in your phone´s wifi settings.
4. check for the update in systemupdate-app from huawei on your phone, start the update and pause it quickly
5. delete the proxy in your wifi settings.
6. resume the update
7. After successful download your device will reboot and install the update
If it fails there actually 3 reasons:
1. your Wifi is crap
2. you didn´t do the steps correctly
3. the firmware isn´t approved for your device, so be sure to check with imei before
(Maybe) Useful Links:
Team MT Firmware Database
New Huawei Multi Tool from TeamMT (Be sure to check it out, it´ll soon support the P10)
Guide for firmware finder (made by Firicel69)
My Other P10 Plus Thread
Pressing Power + Volume Down will launch the Fastboot Mode
Pressing Power + Volume Up will launch the Recovery Mode
This whole thing was only possible because of the hard work of other heros here on xda!!
Mainly its based on the method from mankindtw [Guide] Mate 9 Flash Update Package and Rebrand
Big THX to mankindtw for the script!! Please send him some money, if you can!