[KERNEL] [Nougat] alice_kernel [UBER_TC]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INFO

-Kernel with some CPU governors alongside ThunderPlug Hotplug adapted from XePeleato's ESAL kernel, NOTHING MORE.
    -This kernel for Nougat ROMs.
    -Based on OpenKirin's kernel https://github.com/OpenKirin/android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft/tree/7.x
    -tested on RR ROM.

Tip...
    from ESAL kernel thread
    Guide
    I am going to try to help you to decide what settings you should apply

First of all, I recommend to install Kernel Adiutor.

If you prefer battery life:
    Start Kernel Adiutor:

Go to CPU in the drop-down menu and set as governors PMC or Smartmax

Then go to CPU hotplug and don't enable many cores, since more online cores means more power used. You can also set the Endurance level to Quad-core

If you prefer performance:
    Start Kernel Adiutor:

Go to CPU in the drop-down menu and set as governors performance (will set the CPUs to their max frequency)/ondemand/interactive

Then go to CPU hotplug and make sure to lower the load threshold, having a low load threshold will make your phone use more cores (if you experience lag while playing, maybe it's set too low, so use a wise value, do your testing.)

To conclude, I just mentioned where the settings are and some example values, if you love to play games you won't use the same settings as someone that just likes to read emails and use Google Chrome, find the settings you are comfortable with, and don't forget to set Apply on boot!

Download
    image-new.img

Credits
    OpenKirin team

Source
    alice_kernel
    I was doing more tests to this kernel and found out this page to improve interactive governor
    https://xdaforums.com/nexus-5x/general/guide-advanced-interactive-governor-t3269557
    I installed ex kernel manager app and load a profile (thanks to Dazeone), battery was improved notoriously and performance is very good. I share the link and the profile file (copy to internal storage/ElementalX/gov_profiles) just in case someone wants to try.

https://mega.nz/#!YQBhRJQT!ZNRuOoD7x4pUID2efRwhUCM01aKmp8gGNK7IBSrD1jo

Enviado desde mi ALE-L23 mediante Tapatalk
    8 cores working
    Cheak in systempanel2

I am pretty sure only 4 cores work, yes there is actually 8 cores but under all conditions and using all possible governors from all available kernels there is always only 4 cores working! I am sure that the other 4 cores are disabled completely on the chip so no software modification can make them work! ( kinda the same situation on desktop CPU where its called a dummy die, basically its present there and electrically connected but servers no purpose but being there ).
    Why i am pretty sure! is because i've done tons of testing using lots of benchmark apps; by using the single core and multi threaded score, you can notice that the score multiplier always end up round 4, i even checked older gen CPUs benchmark and they're doing much better scoring in 99% of the apps i tested. And besides, lets talk real word tasks! Does that P8Lite/Y6II feel like a powerbuffed 8 core threaded phone? My old S5 with the quad core Snapdragon 805 Soc does a better job in most cases if not all!

I think Huawei just used an Soc with dummy dies just for marketing purposes, as most users would never try to investigate the real performance of the chip and just use the phone for daily stuff so hearing the word 8 cores CPU with "XX" price really pushes you into buying it! I will test more but i am pretty sure i'll find that same result!
    From Kernel Adiutor app
    Should I backup boot partition from twrp before flash this kernel?

Enviado desde mi ALE-L23 mediante Tapatalk
    Yes, just for safety ,as you may face some issues with this image.