[ROM][OTA][7.1.2] LineageOS 14.1 for P8 Lite

Search This thread

mxz55

Nov 5, 2017
Vps is needed for building roms, actually my plan expires and asap i will buy a new one.

Not sure if you need a build server for that instead of locally, but anyways, seen that you'll renew it soon and are already speaking about 'next threads' my question is:
does development for this rom really have to die? or is there really another reason behind it

I really hope it won't die, pausing it is way better than discontinue

DarkJoker360

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Oct 20, 2015
Aradeo
Not sure if you need a build server for that instead of locally, but anyways, seen that you'll renew it soon and are already speaking about 'next threads' my question is:
does development for this rom really have to die? or is there really another reason behind it

I really hope it won't die, pausing it is way better than discontinue

It depends of lineageOS support on N :)

Reactions: allrightlite

D1stRU3T0R

Oct 16, 2016
Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite
LeEco Le Pro3
It depends of lineageOS support on N :)

Just by a cheap AMD FX cpu, use latest Linux distro version, with everything up to date, specially kernel anr you will be good. Fx8370 is overkill and cheap af. If you a e really broke, even an fx 63xx will do it, but i still recommend 83xx for building roms. If you think you will have more money, go with a cheap am4 setup.

(but, if you're low on budget, fx8370 is the best option, then, if you can't find it, go down, 8350,8320, anr don't forget to OC the hell out of it)

Vps is needed for building roms, actually my plan expires and asap i will buy a new one.
I don't need money for my self coz I already got a job, the money is needed for keeping my server alive for roms. I can remove all donation links from other threads, it is not a problem.
Starting from next threads you won't see it.

This is not worth it? https://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/guide-how-to-build-rom-google-cloud-t3360430
If not, how much would the vpn you need cost?

bigsmoke9250

Jul 24, 2014
great rom so far, had a few issues but that was my own fault. overall im really happy with it although its been only a few minutes im on it after having a rough time of trying to unlock my bootloader for four hours straight.

Last edited:

pawelik001

Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
lets say i installed substratum, and the theme wasnt working well(restarting ui after unlocking the screen). i tried to uninstall it from twrp file manager and then restarted it.. then i got bootloop and i did a factory reset. now im literally stuck between charging and having a bootloop. i cant get in twrp either as the phone isnt charging? due to its low battery i guess but i need some help in this one its been more than two years since i tried custom roms and this is my first huawei

got into twrp and wiped everything, trying to reinstall the rom see if that helps but then again theres no sign of charging battery in twrp as well. isnt this weird?
Sometimes I didn't have charging icon in TWRP too, but it is charging. When I booted Rom, charging is always working in rom

Wysłane z mojego ALE-L21 przy użyciu Tapatalka

bigsmoke9250

Jul 24, 2014
quick question does anybody else experience single sim issues? the signal keeps going on and off randomly and bluetooth isnt working properly.

miramanee

Jul 20, 2010
Bregenz
No Google Contacts Sync

Hello folks! :cyclops:

I have a problem with this version on my Huawei P8 lite (ALE-L21). I don't have "Goggle Contacts" option after the installation and setup at ACCOUNTS/GOOGLE/. @gmail.com. I have tried ALL versions of OpenGapps. Without success. During the installation you can see in some logs how Google Contacts will installed. However, the feature to synchronize addresses with Google Account is not available. I have used the following data:

TWRP v3.1.1.0 (afterwards also with TWRP v3.2.3-ksrl12)
lineage-14.1-20181001-alice.zip
Magisk_v7.1.zip
open_gapps-arm64-7.1-XXXXXX-20181030.zip (all versions)

I had always started from the scratch with full wipe. The Google Contacts Sync were not included in any variant. The contacts app itself is available, only the mentioned function cannot be found.

What could be the problem? :confused:

quick question does anybody else experience single sim issues? the signal keeps going on and off randomly and bluetooth isnt working properly.

No, in my phone works without problems.

Hello folks! :cyclops:

I have a problem with this version on my Huawei P8 lite (ALE-L21). I don't have "Goggle Contacts" option after the installation and setup at ACCOUNTS/GOOGLE/. @gmail.com. I have tried ALL versions of OpenGapps. Without success. During the installation you can see in some logs how Google Contacts will installed. However, the feature to synchronize addresses with Google Account is not available. I have used the following data:

TWRP v3.1.1.0 (afterwards also with TWRP v3.2.3-ksrl12)
lineage-14.1-20181001-alice.zip
Magisk_v7.1.zip
open_gapps-arm64-7.1-XXXXXX-20181030.zip (all versions)

I had always started from the scratch with full wipe. The Google Contacts Sync were not included in any variant. The contacts app itself is available, only the mentioned function cannot be found.

What could be the problem? :confused:

Installing Open Gapps Nano and downloading the last version of Google Contacts in Play Store works for me.

miramanee

Jul 20, 2010
Bregenz
No Google Contacts Sync

Installing Open Gapps Nano and downloading the last version of Google Contacts in Play Store works for me.

Thanx for the answer! :eek:

The Google Contacts app is not the problem. It is installed in higher versions like the "mini" and can be used without problems. It's about the transport function (synchronization) of the contact data with my Google account.

I took two screen shots, but unfortunately I can't post them here because I wrote too few posts in the last 8 years. :eek:
---
Well, I found a way to integrate the picture. Left it is a screenshot of my older Samsung S3 and right the Huawei P8. The only difference is that the S3 is a 32bit and the P8 a 64bit. In the P8 the function is missing, as you can see.

(The user language is German, but should not be a problem to understand.)

3yjcDQeP.jpg
[/url]

Last edited:

Adi5

Aug 8, 2017
Malbork
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
dual sim not working any fix? Need use this phone as daily driver now,mine sanders was broken
edit: mine phone problem - on another works I think slot is damaged,but sdcard works fine....

Last edited:
Thanx for the answer! :eek:

The Google Contacts app is not the problem. It is installed in higher versions like the "mini" and can be used without problems. It's about the transport function (synchronization) of the contact data with my Google account.

I took two screen shots, but unfortunately I can't post them here because I wrote too few posts in the last 8 years. :eek:
---
Well, I found a way to integrate the picture. Left it is a screenshot of my older Samsung S3 and right the Huawei P8. The only difference is that the S3 is a 32bit and the P8 a 64bit. In the P8 the function is missing, as you can see.

(The user language is German, but should not be a problem to understand.)

3yjcDQeP.jpg
[/url]

When I installed the ROM, the option did not appear to me, and it is true that it surprised me.
But now it appears to me, also, to me the synchronization always worked without problems

yeah....
but phone is ****ed ig and on emui is same....
microsd works sim not.

Have you problems with Wifi, Bluetooth or Radio in emui? Surely the problem is your chip

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.androidblog.it%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F02%2FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

LineageOS 14.1 for Huawei P8 Lite (ALE-L21/23/02) & (CHM-U01/U03)

*** Stable Version ***

About
    Code:
    [CENTER]LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.[/CENTER]

Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]* Touchscreen
    * Adb / Mtp
    * Audio
    * Boot
    * Bluethoot
    * Internal/External storage
    * Sensors
    * Wifi  
    * RIL
    * Camera
    [/CENTER]

Not Working
    Code:
    [CENTER]Video recording with stock camera: use footej camera instead ![/CENTER]

Installation
    Code:
    [CENTER]* you must also have this recovery version installed :  [URL="https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/orig-development/twrp-t3583180"]TWRP[/URL]
    * go to TWRP  and do a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik/art cache/cust) !
    * install LineageOS ROM 
    * boot the rom
    * reboot in TWRP and flash gapps and root (optional)
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Update
    Code:
    [CENTER]* copy the new update of LineageOS to Internal/External Storage
    * reboot device to :  [URL="https://xdaforums.com/p8lite/orig-development/twrp-t3583180"]TWRP[/URL]
    * wipe cache & dalvik cache
    * install the new update of LineageOS
    * reboot to System
    * reboot system
    * Enjoy !!![/CENTER]

Download
    Code:
    [CENTER]
    [URL="https://sourceforge.net/projects/darkjoker360-developements/files/Huawei/P8%20Lite/Nougat/"]LineageOS-14.1[/URL]
    [URL="https://opengapps.org/"]Gapps[/URL] 
    [URL="tiny.cc/latestmagisk"]Magisk[/URL][/CENTER]

Credits
    @surdu_petru
    @haky86
    @Meticulus
    @edi194

Kernel Source: android_kernel_huawei_hi6210sft

Please support my work, it's very important! Thanks
    DONATIONS

Regards !​

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: https://github.com/DarkJoker360

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 4.1 unlocked bootloader and TWRP
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 14.1
    Stable Release Date: 2018-08-02

Created 2018-08-02
    Last Updated 2019-08-06
    New LineageOS Update !

https%3A%2F%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2F2zS0Xzc3uCosCW49VVzhs1P7L9A%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.androidblog.it%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2018%252F02%252FLineageOS-15.1-620x311.png

Changelog
    * October 01 Source code
    * September security patches
    * Fixed Nfc
    * Fixed USSD Codes (Need to be tested !)
    * Fixed UI Lags
    * Fixed GPU glitches
    * Fixed Proximity sensor (Need to be tested !)
    * Improved yt 720p50 (much better than previoua version but sometimes still lose frames)
    * Added Stock Hardware Composer HAL
    * Added Touchscreen Gestures

Check OP for more info and download !

Best Regards.
    Guys I really thank each and every one of you for the support you are giving to me, this is why I am always here to keep alive this device. Thanks for all !
    Guys I am sorry for the delay of July Update, I am testing BT and OTA updates.

Hell yeah ! I got OTA working in Lineage 15.1, let's do this also on 14.1 !
    It' s all fine now, I got some major news...

I managed to get this:

* UI Lags fixed in every roms
    * Fixed glitches of gpu (gonna push some videos about it)
    * Fixed yt720p50 videos
    * Fixed lags with live display
    * USSDs code (need test)
    * Added touchscreen off gestures

Here some proof of my work.
    UI lags fixed proof
    GPU glitches BEFORE
    GPU fixed NOW

Proof of 720p50 on my telegram @DarkJoker360dev

and I am managing to get DT2W, stay tuned :D