[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.8.7.x for Kirin variant

Search This thread

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Be sure You have unlocked Your bootloader before.
I don't have this variant of P8, it was already tested but still please report any issues and I'll try to fix them.
Remember it's for Kirin version only.

INSTALLATION:
Just flash it via Fastboot and You should be fine. There's also a possibility to flash it via 'dd' in adb shell, it works too.

DOWNLOADS:
Go!!!!!

CHANGELOG:
v1:
- Initial release
v2:
-fixed resolution
-fixed brightness settings

CREDITS:
- TeamWin for making TWRP, of course
- @jniklast for custom graphics.c for newer Kirin SoCs

Source:Github

Last edited:

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Update: The version for Kirin has been tested and it works, so You can flash it and test more without being afraid that You would break anything ;) Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the report from Qcom variant user.

Kirin version is okay, but Qcom version made issues so I won't release it.

Last edited:
D

Darth

OP has rectified the issue.

So thread cleaned and lets stick to development talk now. :good:

Thanks,

Darth
Forum Moderator

Edit: Also, the report button is all you need in the future. No need for drama in the threads. Or use pm's. ;)

Last edited:

hamudistan

Jul 16, 2011
Leipzig
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G
Works fine for Kirin, just finished my first nand for ALE-L21

Gesendet von meinem ALE-L21 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

forgot to tell that I used flashify

Gesendet von meinem SM-T520 mit Tapatalk

reas0n

Dec 23, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Thanks alot for the Recovery. I got my phone today and have in the mean time asked Huawei to release the kernel source for ALE-21/23 and they have replyed to me. Here are the kernel sources: http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=103. As soon as I have time I will look into building a custom rom for the P8 Lite :)

Nice that You appreciate it.

By the way, I was said that there are some issues with making a backup to external storage, could someone confirm it?

mjrifath

May 13, 2012
Colombo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Be sure You have unlocked Your bootloader before.
    I don't have this variant of P8, it was already tested but still please report any issues and I'll try to fix them.
    Remember it's for Kirin version only.

INSTALLATION:
    Just flash it via Fastboot and You should be fine. There's also a possibility to flash it via 'dd' in adb shell, it works too.

DOWNLOADS:
    Go!!!!!

CHANGELOG:
    v1:
    - Initial release
    v2:
    -fixed resolution

CREDITS:
    - TeamWin for making TWRP, of course
    - @jniklast for custom graphics.c for newer Kirin SoCs

Source:Github
    Thanks alot for the Recovery. I got my phone today and have in the mean time asked Huawei to release the kernel source for ALE-21/23 and they have replyed to me. Here are the kernel sources: http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=103. As soon as I have time I will look into building a custom rom for the P8 Lite :)
    Great to here this news.
    Will wait for your custom ROm, :D

Well the custom kernel is already running with almost rverything except wifi :(
    Update: The version for Kirin has been tested and it works, so You can flash it and test more without being afraid that You would break anything ;) Meanwhile I'm still waiting for the report from Qcom variant user.

Kirin version is okay, but Qcom version made issues so I won't release it.
    New version is up.

v2:
    -fixed resolution