I'm kinda busy at my life and won't be able to answer your questions...you can still ask here and hope someone else will reply, or post at the other similar thread - MEGA-THREAD ALE-L21, ALE-L23, ALE-L02, Converting, Root, Unbrick, Updating, Xposed
Debranding is easy once you find infos how to do it...sadly there's nothing in english. I used a combination of Google Translate + some spanish/italian/polish sites and howto's for other Huawei models to convert my branded single sim ALE-L21 from C150B130 to dual sim C432B188.
Here's how i did it...proceed at your own risk. Don't forget to make a backup because you'll lose your data. Also, your warranty will be void.
Please look at the Q&A section at end of the post; feel free to ask me if something isn't answered, but be prepared for an answer like "flash it again" because that's my first Huawei phone and i own it just for a week...i'm more of a Google Nexus guy.
Part 1: Unlocking bootloader
Stuff you'll need:
- Model number inside "Settings > About phone"
- Serial number inside "Settings > About phone > Status"
- IMEI inside "Settings > About phone > Status" (write down the first one if you have two of them)
- Product ID by opening dialer and typing *#*#1357946#*#*
- "Updated Step by Step guide to Root P8 lite.pdf" file - http://forum.xda-developers.com/p8li...oader-t3150616
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot from unlocking bootloader pdf
First you'll need to get your bootloader unlocking code:
1. Go to http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php...nload&mod=list and click "Unlock Bootloader"
2. Register a Huawei ID account, repeat step 1, login and click "Unlock Bootloader" again; accept the terms and click Next
3. Enter your phone data and Press Submit; wait a little for the code to show up and save it somewhere safe in case you'll need it someday
Then you'll need to unlock your bootloader:
1. Open "Updated Step by Step guide to Root P8 lite.pdf" and do just step B
Like i said many times in replies/pm's - if you didn't do anything of this, your bootloader is still locked. Doesn't matter if it says unlocked.
Want to go back from 6.0 to 5.01? Read Q&A first, there's a special procedure for that. If you do it directly, you'll lose your imei!
Part 2: Flashing the unbranded firmware
Stuff you'll need:
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot from last part
- C432B132 Europe dual sim firmware - http://carbontesla.com/2015/09/downl...mware-dual-sim
- Huawei Update Extractor - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2433454
First we need to get img files out of Huawei's update.app:
1. Extract the firmware; you should have a folder with dload and CUSTOM
2. Open Huawei Update Extractor as administrator (otherwise you won't be able to extract directly into adb folder), browse (button with two dots) to dload folder from step 1 and open UPDATE.APP
3. Hold Ctrl and select BOOT.IMG, CUST.IMG, RECOVERY.IMG and SYSTEM.IMG; release Ctrl, right click on any marked file, click "Extract Selected" and find your ADB folder (should be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot" or "C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot")
Now the most fun and...ehm...most "dangerous" thing - flashing the files:
1. Do B 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 from unlocking bootloader pdf file (to boot your phone into fastboot mode and get a cmd window with the right starting location)
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash cust cust.img
You may think that's the end...let me tell you - it's not. Your phone booted into an ugly version of EMUI with funny icons and "Settings > About phone" Build number says BalongC**B*** instead of the flashed ALE-L21C432B132. Let's fix that.
Fixing balong "bug" - this will cause a factory reset...i hope you made a backup:
1. Remember CUSTOM folder from extracted firmware? Copy it on your phone's internal storage or sdcard
2. Rename CUSTOM to dload
3. Run the Updater app, tap Menu, select "Local update", tap UPDATE.APP and wait until it finishes it's work and reboots
4. Go to "Settings > About phone" and check if it says the right build number (should be ALE-L21C432B132); if it's not, repeat the img file flashing process
DON'T OTA if you're rooted!
Part 3: Getting the latest firmware update (B200) via OTA and (optionally) manually updating to MM B560
a. Getting the latest firmware:
1. Open Updater app, tap Check for updates and install it
2. Repeat step 1 until it says No updates; now you should be on B200
b. Update to MM (6.0):
1. Download C432B560
2. Extract it and copy the dload folder on your phone's internal memory or sd card.
3. Run the Updater app, tap Menu, select "Local update", tap UPDATE.APP and wait until it finishes it's work and reboots.
4. Go to "Settings > About phone" and check if it says the right build number (ALE-L21C432B560)
Q: I have a ALE-L04 or something else. Can i still do what you wrote?
A: Don't even try because you'll brick your phone. ALE-L04 for example got a totally different chipset (Qualcomm Snapdragon 615) than ALE-L21 (HiSilicon Kirin 620).
Q: What's the difference between ALE-L21 and ALE-L02? Will there be any benefits or disadvantages after changing from L02 to L21?
A: L02 doesn't support some LTE frequencies and NFC; detailed specs: ALE-L02, ALE-L21. There will be no benefits or disadvantages after flashing a L21 rom; everything will be the same, except a different model and build number.
Q: Are there any other uses for this, except for debranding and converting to dual sim?
A: Yes, you can basically use it for everything from upgrading and downgrading firmwares, fixing your bricked phone (if you still can access Fastboot mode) and more.
Q: I don't want dual sim. Why should i flash it?
A: Because why not? You get a bonus functionality and you won't lose anything even if you never intend to use it - you can still use just one sim and a sdcard without any problems. Huawei also planned P8lite to be a dual sim phone, so it's possible you'll get updates faster than people with the single sim variant.
Q: I don't live in Europe. Why should i flash that firmware?
A: Well, you can always find an appropriate firmware on carbontesla website, but be prepared you won't be able to fix the balong bug. Only a few firmware packs include the vendor patch (CUSTOM folder).
Q: Huawei Update Extractor gives me errors why i try to extract img's. What should i do?
A: You didn't listen and didn't run it as administrator. One workaround would be extracting the img's somewhere else (for example new folder on desktop) and then copy/paste them into adb folder. Do as you wish.
Q: I get errors when i type "fastboot flash xxxxx xxxxx.img". What should i do?
A: First look if you typed it correctly, then check if you have the right files - BOOT.IMG, CUST.IMG, SYSTEM.IMG and RECOVERY.IMG (there are multiple RECOVERY files, make sure you get the one without any numbers in it's name) and repeat the command. The last resort would be running "fastboot reboot-bootloader" and retrying the command that gives you errors. By the way - if you can't run fastboot at all, then try opening cmd as administrator. If you used KingRoot, read the next question too.
Q: I unlocked the bootloader via KingRoot and i can't flash anything, help?
A: No, you didn't. Do everything from part 1 and you will be able to flash.
Q: I don't like 6.0, how can i go back to 5.01?
A: Read this. After doing everything it said, repeat part 2 and 3a of this guide to get back on B200.
Q: You broke my phone, i will beat/curse/sue you!
A: Ok, that's not a question. Anyways, not my fault, i said you proceed at your own risk.