FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Huawei P8 Lite ALE-L21, Android 6.0 Marshmallow

156 posts
Thanks Meter: 117

By daviddosa, Senior Member on 3rd February 2016, 09:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there!

Following these steps, you'll be able to root your freshly marshmallowed P8 Lite.
The method was tested by several other users, with not just this model.

Requirements:Do you have everything above?

Good, here are the steps:
  1. Go to THIS post, and download the attachment of it. (BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-SYSTEMMODE.zip)
  2. Put this zip on your SD Card.
  3. Boot into recovery and flash it.

That is all what you need to do.

Credits goes to: aufarxda for making the working zip, zirangua for trying and successfully rooting our device with this, and of course Chainfire for making rooting phones possible and easy.

Note:
If you tried with the official zips from Chainfire's thread, you should rooted your phone as well, but the root was lost after a few reboots.
At least it was like that for me.
The reason for this, Chainfire introduced a new way of rooting the phone, which called "systemless" root. It means, no modification is made to your /system partition, only to your boot image.
The install script of this zip checks for compatibility to do "systemless" root, and if it can do that, it'll do that.
However, with our device, something must be messed up with the boot image, because it seems to be resetting after few (or the first) reboots.
The downloaded zip was modified in a way, that the script only root your phone via the old method, modifying your /system partition.
The whole point to have a "systemless" root is not rerooting after every update, or system reset, however, it seems like it's not working well with our phone, so only the old method remains.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to daviddosa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daviddosa Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 10:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Twrp needed?
3rd February 2016, 10:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Livingston
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimbullet

Twrp needed?

Yes, it's needed, and thanks for pointing this out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daviddosa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daviddosa Ad-Free
3rd February 2016, 11:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
How are flash in Recovery Mode? He gives 3 options: Reboot - Download new Version and Recovery - Shutdown!?
3rd February 2016, 11:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddosa

Yes, it's needed, and thanks for pointing this out.

I did all of those steps and now i have blackscreen and my phone wont turn on....
I have twrt,unlockedbloader,beta 6.0,debugging etc and it dont work...
and the second boot animation missing
4th February 2016, 12:05 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surdyn

I did all of those steps and now i have blackscreen and my phone wont turn on....
I have twrt,unlockedbloader,beta 6.0,debugging etc and it dont work...
and the second boot animation missing

the same problem here
The Following User Says Thank You to johination For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johination Ad-Free
4th February 2016, 12:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[QUOTE=daviddosa;65134650]Hello there!

Following these steps, you'll be able to root your freshly marshmallowed P8 Lite.

Requirements:Do you have everything above?

1. Go to THIS post, and download the attachment of it. (BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-SYSTEMMODE.zip)

Credits goes to: aufarxda for making the working zip, zirangua for trying and successfully rooting our device with this, and of course Chainfire for making rooting phones possible and easy.

Note:
If you tried with the official zips from Chainfire's thread, you should rooted your phone as well, but the root was lost after a few reboots.
The reason for this, Chainfire introduced a new way of rooting the phone, which called "systemless" root. It means, no modification is made to your /system partition, only to your boot image.
The install script of this zip checks for compatibility to do "systemless" root, and if it can do that, it'll do that.
However, with our device, something must be messed up with the boot image, because it seems to be resetting after few (or the first) reboots.
The downloaded zip was modified in a way, that the script only root your phone via the old method, modifying your /system partition.
The whole point to have a "systemless" root is not rerooting after every update, or system reset, however, it seems like it's not working well with our phone, so only the old method remains.
[/QUDo wee
Do wee need an sd card or it can be done witch the main storage?
4th February 2016, 01:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
not work stop Screen Takeoff and not star and restart

---------- Post added at 03:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 AM ----------

blackscreen and my phone restart how fixed
4th February 2016, 07:35 AM |#10  
Flag VARESE
Thanks Meter: 356

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddosa

Hello there!

Requirements:

Do you have everything above?

Note:

Hi this method work only with the chinese version (B535) on european version (B524) i got a bootloop ...
This happen to me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xander33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xander33 Ad-Free
6th February 2016, 06:33 AM |#11  
Flag Behbahan
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander33

Hi this method work only with the chinese version (B535) on european version (B524) i got a bootloop ...
This happen to me

so how do we root B524 now?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)