How to extend storage using SD card space

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By danibus, Member on 30th May 2017, 09:31 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2018, 01:10 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just tried this, and when I use the command "sm set-force-adoptable true" it says "Adoptable storage not available on device with native FBW" What should I do?

29th July 2018, 08:52 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishGam3r

I just tried this, and when I use the command "sm set-force-adoptable true" it says "Adoptable storage not available on device with native FBW" What should I do?

GoldfishGam3r I belive it is not possible to make it work like it is with EMUI 8.0 (oreo Huawei version). Indeed, for this and some other reason I will probably shortly rollback to Emui 5.1 with Nougat (EMUI 8.0 struggles with widget a lot from what I can see).

Of course if you are not using Huawei phone or Oreo than do not consider my answer
5th August 2018, 02:19 AM |#43  

More
Hi... I have also tested this after the Oreo update and doesnt work anymore... Same error "Adoptable storage not available on device with native FBE"
I prefer rollback to Emui 5.1... How can i do it? If i root my phone, could this be done with Oreo? Thanks!
7th August 2018, 09:16 AM |#44  

More
The partition command gave me an error

Code:
C:\adb>adb shell
HWPRA-H:/ $ sm list-disks
disk:179:192
HWPRA-H:/ $ sm partition disk:179:192 private
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '17 volume partition disk:179:192 private' failed with '400 17 Command failed'
Anyone knows what's up?
9th August 2018, 05:44 PM |#45  
Flag Suez

More
Same for me

HWPRA-H:/ $ sm set-force-adoptable true
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Adoptable storage not available on device with native FBE
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '23 volume partition disk:179:192 private' failed with '400 23 Command failed'
11th August 2018, 04:28 PM |#46  
Flag Barlad
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Hi!
I used a sd card as internal partition in a TV Box(only 8GB internal) and at some point I decided to update ROM using that card. Put it in win10 PC, which prompted to format it, which I foolishly did, and now tha sd card is unusable. It actually had 2 partitions, a 16MB and 14+GB and only the 16mb one is accesible, the other one is unwritable. Tried normal format, format in a Canon camera, format in the TV box, diskpart clean/format, nothing worked.
Please help me get it to work again. Thanks!
16th September 2018, 10:37 AM |#47  
I've been trying to overcome this available storage issue too , it's the p8 lite 2017 for my daughter.
But also same error: "Adoptable storage not available on device with native FBE"
Running july 2018 firmware PRALX1C432B370.

Reading Huawei community, it's a Huawei choice.
Found in: https://uk.community.huawei.com/smar...24/index1.html

Quote:

We recommend that you set the SD card as your Default Storage (Settings > Memory and storage > Default location: SD Card). This will save the photos and videos you take on the SD card.
Applications cannot be moved to the SD, for security reasons.
Default storage means the default storage for the camera to store all photos and videos taken, you cannot move across any apps you have downloaded to the memory card to free up space on the device.

I think it's related to the EMUI8. I read posts mentioning it was allowed at least in EMUI5.1

I guess, it's better not buy Huawei with EMUI8 !! or see a way to get a custom ROM.
19th September 2018, 02:31 PM |#48  

More
Show this (with minimal adb and Fastboot) sm is not recognize...WTF?
28th October 2018, 11:26 PM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
in the chinese honor 6x with oreo this kind of work after do all i see the sd card in the same box with the internal but with almost all the space used
13th December 2018, 08:45 AM |#50  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilo_Sa

same here, any solutions?

Before the command "sm list-disks" you have to enter the command "adb shell"

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcuggino

The partition command gave me an error

Code:
C:\adb>adb shell
HWPRA-H:/ $ sm list-disks
disk:179:192
Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: command '17 volume partition disk:179:192 private' failed with '400 17 Command failed'
Anyone knows what's up?

Same for me. I have EMUI 8 on my p8 lite 2017 and, reading other sites, i think that the problem is Android Oreo.
29th December 2018, 12:28 PM |#51  

More
Hi,
Thanks for the post! I tried it and it worked fine. However, I have the same problem with nonsense data in the android memory menu: the internal storage is full and the free space on the sd card is also negative. This causes notifications of full memory and i can't move any apps. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adoptable storage, storage

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)