Huawei p8 lite Bootloop Fix

Search This thread

jankramer

Jun 8, 2017
so i had a p8 lite wich i tried rooting and it got stuck in a bootloop.
this worked for me
WARNING: this does delete everything you have (actually that is already gone)
(read all the way before doing anything)

first i set up adb & fastboot on my pc
https://youtu.be/UN7XW4HnFT8

2nd i downloaded stock firmware from huawei site ( you can also get this from rootjunky)

3rd i used HuaweiUpdateExtractor to get the recovery boot system and cust out (out of UPDATE.APP the one from the firmware)

4th i booted my phone into fastboot (i connected my phone to my pc first because otherwise i couldnt get into fastboot mode)

5th u start the command prompt in the adb&fastboot folder and type these commands (if you dont have custom recovery or custom roms you can skip to 5(i think i didnt do those)) :
1 adb devices (if it doesnt find it wait some time or reconnect it it will pop up sometime)
2 fastboot erase cache
3 fastboot flash boot BOOT.img
4 fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY.img
5 fastboot flash system SYSTEM.img
the system .img is too big so it will go in 6 parts and will often fail but just keep trying make sure to wait long enough because maybe it is still busy
6adb reboot
it should start up now.
these steps worked for me also when i did step 2 i could get into Erecovery wich i could before but now i could erase cache and something else and do a factory reset just press erase on everything then continu

Reactions: J4NRUM

belgof

Jun 25, 2017
Mine is stucked too on "device is booting" is it really working ?
I was going to hang myself ...

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

fastboot flash cust cust.img
returned me FAILED (remote: partition error)

Any idea ?

Wezdroid51

Aug 27, 2017
boot.recovery and system images all give me error Failed (remote:command not allowed ) Any advice ? Thanx

jankramer

Jun 8, 2017
boot.recovery and system images all give me error Failed (remote:command not allowed ) Any advice ? Thanx

yes i had that too in the beginning.
but i dont remember what i did.
i thing i just cleared chache and stuff using adb .
but anyway just keep trying the first few times i loaded them didnt work either

Wezdroid51

Aug 27, 2017
will try it

Hi Jan thanx will try it and let you know . Coz currently my device can only go into fastboot and rescue mode nothing else and with commands I can only use fastboot commands ofcoz and not adb commands coz my device is not in debug mode .

waxxx

Sep 3, 2017
Same problem here
i get remote:command not allowed every time i want to use "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
Anyway to fix it ?

losing

Jun 24, 2014
please help me i hase emui 4..1
and i install twrp 4.1 and when i install nougat i install
supersu_v2.79_sr2 then
update_2 but when istall update it stop on writinh ratio i shut dun the phone but no login to twrp or to stock recovery
help me plaese
i flashed twrp from SRKTool the phone bootloop and i canot poweroff please help me
i was on 4.1 and i was unlock bootloader and twrp and i was insall nougat l29c185b560 wich have 3 files
supersu_v2.79_sr2 ----update_2------update_data_full_hw_meafnaf
when i flash update.zip in twrp it stop install on ratio i sutdown the phone and now the phone
is bootloop and not shutdown i try flash many recovery same problem my phone
is l29c185b--
https://xdaforums.com/mat...icial-t3556789

I canot power off my phone but when I waited until the battery was discharged but the phone restart alone
I use method two by flash .img cust complet recovery complet boot complet but when flash system.img faild the rom exracted is l29c185b320
I try flash boot cust boot and system from nougat it complet but the problem same I canot dload I canot boot to recovery for wipe and the phone stay restart
please any help when I was flash nought it not complet it stop on writing ratio so I power off phone then the problem haben

boot loop any help my phone !!!!

Aug 14, 2018
Johannesburg
Bootloop

My phone is not unlocked but i have managed to bootloop it when I tried to downgrade it using update.app but now when i try to use the update.app method it gets to 5% and then displays update failed.
When trying to run any of the fastboot methods you mentioned I cannot run it cause it displays "failed (remote: command not allowed)"
I do not have the bootloader unlock code as huawei is being retarded and do not provide that sevice no more can anyone help??
its a Huawei P8 Lite(the old one) ALE-L21 and came with C02 firmware.
My Imei:863323035412487 S/N QLF7N16B17004301
Any help would be appreciated

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so i had a p8 lite wich i tried rooting and it got stuck in a bootloop.
    this worked for me
    WARNING: this does delete everything you have (actually that is already gone)
    (read all the way before doing anything)

first i set up adb & fastboot on my pc
    https://youtu.be/UN7XW4HnFT8

2nd i downloaded stock firmware from huawei site ( you can also get this from rootjunky)

3rd i used HuaweiUpdateExtractor to get the recovery boot system and cust out (out of UPDATE.APP the one from the firmware)

4th i booted my phone into fastboot (i connected my phone to my pc first because otherwise i couldnt get into fastboot mode)

5th u start the command prompt in the adb&fastboot folder and type these commands (if you dont have custom recovery or custom roms you can skip to 5(i think i didnt do those)) :
    1 adb devices (if it doesnt find it wait some time or reconnect it it will pop up sometime)
    2 fastboot erase cache
    3 fastboot flash boot BOOT.img
    4 fastboot flash recovery RECOVERY.img
    5 fastboot flash system SYSTEM.img
    the system .img is too big so it will go in 6 parts and will often fail but just keep trying make sure to wait long enough because maybe it is still busy
    6adb reboot
    it should start up now.
    these steps worked for me also when i did step 2 i could get into Erecovery wich i could before but now i could erase cache and something else and do a factory reset just press erase on everything then continu
    XD

Omg thank you so much id give you money if i had any!