[ROM][OFFICIAL][9.0] Dot OS P v3.0 for Huawei P8 Lite 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dejvid50

Dec 11, 2013
Nothing Phone 1
Damn, this rom is fast! Pretty stable and nice.

- Only problems I had - although minor ones - "preparing for setup" didn't continue. I had to force stop and disable it.
- I wasn't able to get GDrive to run properly, and so Whatsapp didn't want to grab my backup. However, I solved it by re-installing those apps.

This rom is working fine with Magisk / EdXposed and all modules I've tested so far.

Great work! And thx!

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Well, actually I have issues with syncing my stuff from google. I'm missing my contacts, gdrive works, but don't want to sync with Whatsapp (still).
Flash ROM again with SimpleGapps, then you don't will be have problem with "setup wizard / preparing".. Tested by me on P10 Lite

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
Flash ROM again with SimpleGapps, then you don't will be have problem with "setup wizard / preparing".. Tested by me on P10 Lite

Thx, but I just performed a factory reset with stock recovery and rebooted. Actually I wanted to flash nano gapps, but it already worked fine :)

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Just for anyone who wants to know: This rom is absolutely capable of being a daily driver!

z1rqdym

Dec 21, 2015
is it possible to dirty flash on phh based GSI roms? or should i download the stock rom then perform the installation as regularly?

is there any icon costumization without using 3rd party launcher? because I don't like the default dotOS icons.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2018
Is anyone having problems with the gps? It works extremely random, not working 99% of times. I installed the rom on a Honor 6X, debranded to BLN L22, updated to emui 8, rooted with the latest magisk. I come from PixysOS and there wasn't any problem with the gps, I changed to DotOS because the other rom is discontinued. Can this be a gapps issue?

Last edited:

dtrail1

Oct 7, 2011
Frankfurt
After one week of testing this rom I can say that it's fine as a daily driver. It's smooth and stable, works great with Magisk (Iammcd's builds) and EdXposed. Battery life is good, performance is great. Not a single bug yet... Best (Pie) rom I've been testing so far and I'll keep it!

And there's only one minor thing. I wish it had an option to change the screen resolution.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Is anyone having problems with the gps? I installed the rom on a Honor 6X, debranded to BLN L22, updated to emui 8, rooted with the latest magisk. I come from PixysOS and there wasn't any problem with the gps, I changed to DotOS because the other rom is discontinued. Can this be a gapps issue?

Nope, GPS is driver-related. I don't know the Honor 6 device, but it sounds to me that it's another hardware. I mean, isn't the prague (pra-lx1, "Prague") actually the Honor 8? I might be wrong. And if PixyOS from the P8 thread ran fine for you, then it might be an installation issue. Have you clean-flashed the rom? Otherwise consider installing it again. But this time use the stock recovery to perform a factory reset - one time before and one time after flashing the rom.

But also wipe system, data, cache, dalvik with TWRP before the flash. SO it would be this order:
1. Reboot to bootloader, flash stock recovery_ramdisk.img
2. Reboot to recovery and do a factory reset
3. Reboot to bootloader and flash TWRP
4. Boot into TWRP and wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
5. Flash the rom
6. (OPTIONAL - if you get issues again) Reboot to bootloader and flash stock recovery again, boot to recovery and make another factory reset
7. Boot the rom up ONCE and then immediately reboot (to bootloader, if you still have stock recovery installed and flash TWPR)
8. In TWRP flash GApps (Best to use Nano or Pico GApps). Reboot, done.

Last edited:
Reactions: hamedsolo
Oct 13, 2018
After one week of testing this rom I can say that it's fine as a daily driver. It's smooth and stable, works great with Magisk (Iammcd's builds) and EdXposed. Battery life is good, performance is great. Not a single bug yet... Best (Pie) rom I've been testing so far and I'll keep it!

And there's only one minor thing. I wish it had an option to change the screen resolution.

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Nope, GPS is driver-related. I don't know the Honor 6 device, but it sounds to me that it's another hardware. I mean, isn't the prague (pra-lx1, "Prague") actually the Honor 8? I might be wrong. And if PixyOS from the P8 thread ran fine for you, then it might be an installation issue. Have you clean-flashed the rom? Otherwise consider installing it again. But this time use the stock recovery to perform a factory reset - one time before and one time after flashing the rom. Then boot it up once, reboot to bootloader, flash TWRP again and flash GApps (Best to use Nano or Pico GApps).

IIRC the Honor 6X codename is berlin, but, as far as I know, it has the same hi6250 board as the P8 lite. Before the flash I removed PixysOS, returned to stock emui 8, did a factory reset from stock recovery and clean installed DotOS with TWRP. Clean flashing from TWRP, without the reset from stock recovery, gives a bootloop. Only thing I haven't done is the second reset from stock recovery, but back when I installed PixysOS I hadn't done it anyway and everything was fine. Howewer I will try to reinstall and I will give updates.

RedSkull23

Only thing I haven't done is the second reset from stock recovery, but back when I installed PixysOS I hadn't done it anyway and everything was fine. Howewer I will try to reinstall and I will give updates.
Factory reset through stock recovery after flashing the ROM, then everything should go fine. That step is mandatory since that by default, Huawei devices run in encrypted mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    header_logo_50.png

" #DroidOnTime "

ROM Version: 3.0
    Device: prague
    Maintainer: Simone Esposito(DarkJoker360)
    Build Status: Official

disclaimer.png

Code:
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels. 
     * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions are important to us and will be taken into consideration.."

about_us.png

dotOS is an Android ROM which focuses on performance and stability. We focus on making our rom look and feel great without struggling on Performance and Battery! So that one can get most out of his/her device.....

instructions.png

CLEAN FLASH :
    Download the latest build and GApps
    Reboot to recovery
    Make nandroid backup (Not Necessary)
    Wipe System, Data, Cache, Dalvik
    Flash the latest build and GApps
    Reboot

DIRTY FLASH :
    Download the latest build
    Reboot to recovery
    Flash the latest build
    Wipe Cache
    Reboot

Note: GApps only has to be flashed once whereas Magisk/Su is to be flashed every time you Dirty Flash the OTA Update.

downloads.png

Note: Pico, Nano or Micro Gapps are recommended. We don't prefer STOCK/HEAVY Gapps​

features.png

Code:
    [LIST]
    [U][B]STATUSBAR:[/B][/U]
    [*]Battery Icon Style
    [*]Clock and Date
    [*]Statusbar icons
    [*]Brightness Control
    [*]Show 4G icon instead LTE 
    [*]Roaming Indicator
    [*]Battery Bar Customisation
    [*]Status Bar Gestures
    [*]Volte Icon Toggle
    [*]Wake up on charge plugged/unplugged
    [*]Show DotOS logo on statusbar

[U][B]Navigation Bar:[/B][/U]
    [*]Navbar modes(Stock, Smartbar, Fling)
    [*]Smartbar tweaks
    [*]Navbar Pulse
    [*]Fling mode gestures
    [*]All DUI nav tweaks

[U][B]QUICK SETTINGS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Brightness slider toggle
    [*]Titles visibility
    [*]Tiles track accent color toggle
    [*]Qs panel Opacity
    [*]Vibrate when touching QS tiles
    [*]Rows and columns tweaks

[U][B]RECENTS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Toggle to switch between pie and oreo recents

[U][B]LOCKSCREEN:[/B][/U]
    [*]Double-tap to sleep
    [*]Lockscreen Tuner
    [*]Charging info
    [*]Lockscreen shortcuts
    [*]Media cover art toggle
    [*]Lockscreen Visualizer
    [*]Lockscreen clock widgets
    [*]Face auto unlock
    [*]Fingerprint Authentication Vibration
    [*]Ambient Music Ticker
    [*]Lockscreen visualizer
    [*]Lockscreen Weather

[U][B]BUTTONS:[/B][/U]
    [*]Powermenu tweaks
    [*]Powermenu Visibility on lockscreen
    [*]Backlight Customisation
    [*]H/W keys customization
    [*]Volume button tweaks

[U][B]MISC:[/B][/U]
    [*]3 finger swipe Screenshot guesture
    [*]Battery light charging customisations
    [*]Toast app icon switch

[U][B]System wide themes:[/B][/U]
    [*]Accent Color Manager - Fruity pebbles
    [*]Qs panel Customisation
    [*]Neo theme

[U][B]Extras:[/B][/U]
    [*]Ablity to reset Battery Stats
    [*]Switch to disable Screenshot sound
    [*]Auto Call Recording
    [*]Set ringtone for each sim slot
    [*]Switch to disable/enable Dashboard suggestions
    [*]Digital Wellbeing Preinstalled

[/LIST]
    credits.png

DotOSteam
    AOSP
    Aosp Extended
    Dirty Unicorns
    @haky 86
    @Dil3mm4
    @phhusson
    @Flex1911
    @ezio84
    @hackintosh5
    And all other open source Devs/Teams.
    team.png

Mohan CM - Founder/Core Developer
    Sam Grande - UI Developer/Project Co-ordinator
    Iacob Ionut - UI Developer/ Core Developer
    Hari Ambadi - Core GFX/Visual Designer
    Sipun Kumar - Developer/Maintainer

Special thanks:
    Alexc Brookes - Arts & Wallpaper Designer
    Paul Petrov - Arts & UI Designer

Important Links

Liked The ROm? Want to Help Us? Then gift us some credits

source.png

dot
    OS source

dotOS-Device Sources
    g%2B.png

Google Plus Community
    telegram.png

Telegram Group
    Telegram Channel
    web.png

Website

REPORTING BUGS!
    As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat!
    for more READ THIS

If you like my works feel free to contribute on my developement with a small donation, this will be for server mantaining where I make the roms. Thanks !
    DONATIONS

pie_dot_logo.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Droid On Time OS, ROM for the Huawei P8lite/P8 Lite

Contributors
    DarkJoker360
    Source Code: [url]http://github.com/DarkJoker360[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Emui 8.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v3.0
    Stable Release Date: 2019-03-16

Created 2019-03-17
    Last Updated 2019-04-20
    New Official DotOS Update !

https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FDotOS%2Fresources_drawables%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fdotp%2Fheader_logo_50.png%3Fraw%3Dtrue

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* May 2019 Security Patches
    * Fixed BT pairing issues
    * Fixed Signal[/CENTER]

Check OP or wait for OTA merge for more info and dowloads !​
    First Official Build is UP !

header_logo_50.png

Changelog
    Code:
    [CENTER]* April 2019 security patches
    * Fixed NFC
    * Fixed Hotspost and Tethering
    * Added fingerprint gestures
    * Fixed ui lags[/CENTER]

NOTE: Starting from now ota updates will come from this build !
    Check OP for more info and download !​
    Hello, Tonight the first official build will come out !
    Hello new update is out !

Changelog:

* Fixed SD Card issues thanks to @haky 86
    * Fixed BT Low Energy (WIP) thanks to @hackintosh5

Check OTA or OP for more info and download !

NOTE: There will be low signal icon issues, sorry for this, I forget the patch. It will be fixed in next build which it will be out when may 2019 security patches will be out. Thanks for understanding !

EDIT: seems that auto update isn't working, I will investigate. For now let's download and flash manually the file !