FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How to change Boot Logo of P8 Lite 2017

827 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,383

Post Reply Email Thread
Note:
This is not bootanimation, this is the splash screen (the 'Huawei' boot logo which is displayed when device is switched ON)
This is for Huawei P8 Lite 2017 Only.. (Resolution 1080x1920)
For other devices, please send me your splash.img so that I can create a tool for you too.

Requirements:
1. Rooted Huawei P8 Lite 2017 (any ROM)
2. Optional: Terminal Emulator app or Custom Recovery or atleast working fastboot in computer
3. You're proceeding at your own risk.

Use this tool and instructions:
Huawei OEM_logo Changer
Note: Use a 1080x1920 pic, as .bmp file (in rgb565 format as specified in that post)

Old method:

STEPS to create boot logo:

1. Download & Extract this in computer: Huawei_P8_Lite_2017_Logo_Maker.zip

2. Make sure you have a picture in BMP format with resolution exactly 1080x1920px. (Can be of any format)

3. Now rename your picture as logo.bmp & replace it inside "pics" folder of the extracted folder. (Or directly edit the 'logo.bmp' file)

4. Finally, run the 'CREATE_LOGO.bat' to create oeminfo.img and flashable zip file, which you can find inside the "output" folder after completion.

STEPS to flash boot logo:
Steps to backup your oeminfo.img:
Open Terminal Emulator, type the following command to save your stock oeminfo.img to your Internal Storage:
Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo of=/sdcard/oeminfo_stock.img
Now, choose any one easy method to install:

a. To flash from recovery:
Transfer the flashable_logo.zip to your device and flash from TWRP or CWM or Philz or any other custom recovery.

b. To flash from Terminal Emulator:
Transfer the oeminfo.img to your device's Internal Storage, Open Terminal Emulator & enter the following to flash it:
Code:
su
dd if=/sdcard/oeminfo.img of=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo
c. To flash from Fastboot mode:
Code:
fastboot flash oeminfo oeminfo.img
Finally, Reboot and check if the bootlogo has changed!!

Note:
Incase something goes wrong or device doesn't bootup, just flash the stock oemlogo.img from custom recovery or fastboot.

Credits:
1. @CrimsonBloodfang who provided the stock oemlogo.img of P8 Lite 2017 (PRA-LX2)..
2. @GokulNC (myself ) who wrote this script

Hit the Thanks button if it worked for you

You're welcome to post the splash images that you created..
Attached Files
File Type: zip PRA-LX2_stock_logo_P8lite.zip - [Click for QR Code] (404.0 KB, 272 views)
File Type: zip Huawei_P8_Lite_2017_Logo_Maker.zip - [Click for QR Code] (12.27 MB, 430 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokulNC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GokulNC Ad-Free
6th April 2018, 08:44 PM |#2  
Flag Unknown
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Is that working with all variants of the p8lite 2017? I rebranded mine to the Chinese Honor Version.
6th April 2018, 10:07 PM |#3  
Doesn't work for me., same logo as before.
rebranded mine too

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

https://imgur.com/a/XAup4
just made this btw, it's already in the right format.
6th April 2018, 11:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GokulNC

TESTING:
@CrimsonBloodfang
1. Can you please check if this tool is working??
2. Please check if flashing the zip from custom recovery works.
3. Please attach your 'oeminfo' partition backup. I guess it might have the logo inside it (if the above procedure doesn't work)
4. Are there different variants of P8 Lite like P8lite 2017 , etc. ?

1. I am able to create a new "oemlogo.mbn" and a "flashable_logo.zip" through your tool but unfortunately the stock boot logo of Huawei still shows up in every reboot, after using the two files.

2. The zip file works in TWRP Recovery and was flashed without errors but the stock boot logo still shows upon reboot then after rebooting, I checked /product/etc/logo/ and the stock oemlogo.mbn was not replaced with the new one.

3. Here is the oeminfo.img backup, by using this command in a terminal emulator

Code:
su
dd if=/dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/oeminfo of=/sdcard/oeminfo.img
and this one is the raw file itself. I only used two out of three methods of backing up the oeminfo partition based from this thread because I was unsure as to where in TWRP Recovery should I find the backup for oeminfo partition since it only has the options Boot, Cache, Data, System and Vendor for backup. Maybe in the "Vendor" partition, but the backup size is 394 MB.

4. I'm not sure for the variants of Huawei P8 Lite, maybe only Huawei P8 Lite (2017) and the ones on the "download section" in this link? If you meant the Huawei P8 Lite (2017) variants, the ones I know are Huawei P8 Lite (2017) PRA-LX1, PRA-LX2, PRA-LX3, PRA-LA1 and PRA-TL00. I'm using the Huawei P8 Lite (2017) PRA-LX2.

I've also tried copy pasting the new oemlogo.mbn then changed it to the correct permissions (-rw-r--r--). I even tried renaming it to "oemlogo.mbn.bak" to see if there's any change but it seems that this file is not in control of the boot logo. We also have the boot warning logo too by the way, the one that is caused by unlocking the bootloader.

Here is my own logo.bmp boot logo, 1080x1920 resolution, edited through Gimp 2 and exported as .bmp file format.

Edit: Does anyone know where is the exact location for our boot logo files? I've also found the same oemlogo.mbn file on some folders in /product/hw_oem
The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonBloodfang For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CrimsonBloodfang Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 03:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
@CrimsonBloodfang

The oeminfo.img file had the pictures as I guessed.

I have updated the OP with the new tool. Please check if it's working

Also, I think the files in the '/product/hw_oem/whatever' directory are created from the oemlogo partition while booting (not sure though).
So maybe using the old tool, setting the permissions for oemlogo.bin as -r--r--r-- might have worked (since write access is denied).

Edit:
As specified in GSMArena website, is it true that P8 Lite (2017) is also called Huawei P9 Lite (2017), Huawei Honor 8 Lite, Huawei Nova Lite, Huawei GR3 (2017) ???
If yes, this tool MIGHT work for those devices too.
The Following User Says Thank You to GokulNC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GokulNC Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 04:32 PM |#6  

More
Thanks! I will be testing it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GokulNC

@CrimsonBloodfang

Edit:
As specified in GSMArena website, is it true that P8 Lite (2017) is also called Huawei P9 Lite (2017), Huawei Honor 8 Lite, Huawei Nova Lite, Huawei GR3 (2017) ???
If yes, this tool MIGHT work for those devices too.

Yes, it is called with different names from different countries and they are more or less, just the same devices.
In the Philippines, this phone is called the Huawei GR3 (2017).

Edit:
Maybe the users need to backup their own "oeminfo.img" first before using the tool and can you add it on OP? They might use my device's oeminfo.img if they forgot to backup and it might change their device's region settings then their stock updates would be based from my country.

I haven't rebranded my phone, just went straight to LineageOS 14.1 so I'm not sure about the consequences of flashing other oeminfo.
7th April 2018, 05:25 PM |#7  
still not working for me. Now it's just booting into eRecovery and the logo was changed to the original one
7th April 2018, 06:19 PM |#8  

More
@GokulNC

It also didn't work for me. I've tested it six or more times with both the Terminal Emulator and the TWRP Recovery flash method.

Edit:
The logo file in "pics" folder of the tool has a logo.png and not anymore a logo.bmp, so I tried both file formats just in case. I've tried replacing it with logo.bmp, I've tried replacing it with logo.png and I've tried placing both logo.bmp and logo.png together on the "pics" folder. Then flashed the six different files of oeminfo.img and flashable_logo.zip with Terminal Emulator and TWRP Recovery, but on every reboot, the boot logo is still at stock.
7th April 2018, 07:58 PM |#9  

More
The only locations left I can guess as to where the boot logo files for Huawei P8 Lite (2017) are maybe in the Boot partition or it's embedded in the Kernel.
8th April 2018, 12:17 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
@CrimsonBloodfang

Actually there were many .bmp pics inside the oeminfo.img
I didn't look at that properly.

When I extracted them, I saw 2 bootlogo images.
So I've modified the tool to change them both.
Try the new tool that I've uploaded now and see if it's working
It should contain 2 files named logo1.png and logo2.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBloodfang

The only locations left I can guess as to where the boot logo files for Huawei P8 Lite (2017) are maybe in the Boot partition or it's embedded in the Kernel.

Nope, I don't think so..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIcHiJK

Is that working with all variants of the p8lite 2017? I rebranded mine to the Chinese Honor Version.

I'm not sure if the oeminfo partition is same across all the different firmwares.
I guess they all must be the same. If you can attach your stock 'oemlogo.img', I'll take a look at it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GokulNC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GokulNC Ad-Free
8th April 2018, 12:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chennai

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBloodfang

The logo file in "pics" folder of the tool has a logo.png and not anymore a logo.bmp, so I tried both file formats just in case. I've tried replacing it with logo.bmp, I've tried replacing it with logo.png and I've tried placing both logo.bmp and logo.png together on the "pics" folder.

My tool automatically converts everything to .bmp format, so it doesn't matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striike

still not working for me. Now it's just booting into eRecovery and the logo was changed to the original one

I'm not sure about the rebranded device. Can you please attach your 'oeminfo' file?
I'll check that out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)