FORUMS

[GUIDE] How to rebrand your PRA-LX1/PRA-LA1 on PRA-AL00 (Chinese Branding)

334 posts
Thanks Meter: 330

By Zero_One, Senior Member on 6th April 2018, 11:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello there, how are you? Hope everything's okay.
In this post you're going to find how to convert your No-brand PRA-LX1 to a PRA-AL00 (It is the same Hardware, just chinese ) and also I hope i can help someone, since there's already a guide in how to install Oreo on this device.
So, if you are asking...Yes, you can use my guide for installing Oreo

The only Requisite you have to satisfy is to be on the latest Dual Sim firmware (I started from the B196 No-Brand) or else you're gonna encount some installation error and/or IMEI UNKNOWN

With Oreo the situation changes: the Update changes again from Single Sim to Dual Sim thanks to
the OEMInfo inside the Update. So it's better to start from a Dual Sim device before the update,or for this reason there could be the problems mentioned above.

Anyway, it's actually pretty simple.

1) You need to download this file (It's the OEMInfo Chinese Firmware)
2) Reboot in the TWRP, if you haven't already, and Install my OEMInfo by selecting the install image option in Install menu
3) Reboot into eRecovery and restore the chinese system by connecting to your wifi first)
4) After that, reboot to your recovery and make a wipe data/cache
5) Unlock your bootloader after that (You know how to do it, right?)
6) Done! You are on the Nougat chinese version of Honor 8 Lite phone! Crazy right?

You can then follow the guide for installing Oreo (in this subsection of the forum), but i link it for you: There

And then... I dunno, Have fun!

Edit: Before you update to Oreo, you need to update the chinese firmware to version B220 (Just download it after you converted your PRA, it should appear in updates or Update it manually by downloading it here)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zero_One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zero_One Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 11:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Nice! Just one doubt: when you say "restore my OEMinfo", you mean using TWRP's Restore option, or rather doing "Install Image" -> Oeminfo file, at oeminfo partition?

Thanks!
7th April 2018, 11:38 AM |#3  
Flag Minya
Thanks Meter: 47

More
I did it just fine but I have a problem I'm on PRA-AL00XC00B220 and my SIM doesn't work at all
Also my IMEI and MEID is Unknown
How can I fix this?
7th April 2018, 11:55 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rossano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosAG10

Nice! Just one doubt: when you say "restore my OEMinfo", you mean using TWRP's Restore option, or rather doing "Install Image" -> Oeminfo file, at oeminfo partition?

Thanks!

Install Image! I will modify the thread as soon as possible
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero_One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zero_One Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 12:00 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rossano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoussefR

I did it just fine but I have a problem I'm on PRA-AL00XC00B220 and my SIM doesn't work at all
Also my IMEI and MEID is Unknown
How can I fix this?

Mmm... You probably came from a Single Sim device.
Don't worry, Just install Oreo and everything should be fine, I had the same problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Zero_One For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zero_One Ad-Free
9th April 2018, 12:20 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi, i have unknown imei and i was wondering how can i install oreo update if i can't unlock the bootloader? (twrp, obv, doesn't work)
Help plssss
9th April 2018, 06:34 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rossano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickymico

hi, i have unknown imei and i was wondering how can i install oreo update if i can't unlock the bootloader? (twrp, obv, doesn't work)
Help plssss

You have unknown Imei? What happened?
Anyway, you can't do pretty much nothing without unlocking your bootloader,since you need the Recovery without no fw checking for installing a different firmware with different code in a completely different Phone (we are always talking about different devices with the same Hardware)

You could try using DC-Unlocker,but you gonna need money for that,and I'm not even sure If it works since I never used it myself,so...
Just try obtaining yourself a Bootloader key and unlock yours. Let me know if you need any assistance
9th April 2018, 09:24 AM |#8  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have same problem, and i have a dual sim. I have b220 firmware. Bootloader unlocked, unknown imei, no baseband, old bootloader unlock code now doesnt work.
9th April 2018, 12:31 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rossano

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateiocristi

I have same problem, and i have a dual sim. I have b220 firmware. Bootloader unlocked, unknown imei, no baseband, old bootloader unlock code now doesnt work.

I had the same problem after the update
I solved by installing Oreo, you should try it too!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8l...a-lx1-t3773216
9th April 2018, 12:56 PM |#10  
Flag bucharest
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko99ITA

I had the same problem after the update
I solved by installing Oreo, you should try it too!
https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8l...a-lx1-t3773216

How can i flash it if i have bootloader unlocked and no twrp. I have stock recovery. I cant unlock bootloader.
9th April 2018, 01:33 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko99ITA

You have unknown Imei? What happened?
Anyway, you can't do pretty much nothing without unlocking your bootloader,since you need the Recovery without no fw checking for installing a different firmware with different code in a completely different Phone (we are always talking about different devices with the same Hardware)

You could try using DC-Unlocker,but you gonna need money for that,and I'm not even sure If it works since I never used it myself,so...
Just try obtaining yourself a Bootloader key and unlock yours. Let me know if you need any assistance

Grazie mille, mi è stato utilissimo!
I've solved the problem with DC-unlocker with just 4 euros! for everybody who is in the same trouble i really suggest to use this software
The Following User Says Thank You to Nickymico For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nickymico Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)