Stuck on "Your device is booting now..." when booting into TWRP recovery

Search This thread

pixl0915

Feb 16, 2017
Seoul
So, I unlocked my bootloader and flashed twrp-3.0.2-0-vienna.img on my P9 Plus successfully. But when I try to enter Recovery mode, the device is stuck on the "Your device is booting now..." screen. Could it be that my model (C627) isn't supported by TWRP? I thought all VIE-L09 were supported.

I'm running 6.0.1 with EMUI 4.1.

Last edited:

calebccff

Jan 20, 2015
This happened to me, TWRP 3.0.0 worked fine but 3.0.2 did not, I found out that by letting the battery die you can boot up and use your phone normally but I'm kinds stuck without a recovery... I have just "flashed" TWRP 3.3 from the LineageOS thread and I'm going to try and boot recovery now... Hoping all goes well otherwise no phone for the next 2 hours... I'll let you know if it works :).

Any fixes appreciated <3

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Well I tried to boot recovery but to no avail, fortunately I managed to reboot back to android by holding volume up and power, then releasing volume up after the first vibrate and holding power until the "bootloader is unlocked" message appears... Good luck I hope we can sort this out.

Reactions: pixl0915

jeinnerabdel

Aug 4, 2013
That sucks :(

I hope one day we could sort this out...

Same happened to me. It was the version of the TWRP. Currently, there's a TWRP version that works, but cannot mount any ROM as it does not have sufficient permissions to write on the partition table. I was on a boot loop and I got it to work by using the official recovery from huawei (erecovery).

I think we will have to wait for a few more days (month?) to have something stable and functional.

matey86

Mar 24, 2017
hi all i have p9 plus stuck in to your device is booting now... my pc not see any driver
fast boot not work
recovery not work

just show logo vibrate once and show "your phone is booting now.."
No debug actived and windows not detect any drive

i try with dload on sd card but not working

Last edited:

nikjensie

Aug 1, 2006
Use TWRP 3.0.3.0 vienna to start with. At some point I haven't figured out yet I'm able to flash 3.1.0 for Eva and then flash root.

If you don't want to wait out the battery dying, hold power+VolDown until reboot. Either it will boot into OS or eRecovery where you can shutdown and then hold VolDown when inserting USB to enter fastboot.
//Nik

Last edited:

eelc

Apr 27, 2017
So, I unlocked my bootloader and flashed twrp-3.0.2-0-vienna.img on my P9 Plus successfully. But when I try to enter Recovery mode, the device is stuck on the "Your device is booting now..." screen. Could it be that my model (C627) isn't supported by TWRP? I thought all VIE-L09 were supported.

I'm running 6.0.1 with EMUI 4.1.

same here... did you find a solution?

derJack

Dec 14, 2006
Cologne
hi all i have p9 plus stuck in to your device is booting now... my pc not see any driver
fast boot not work
recovery not work

just show logo vibrate once and show "your phone is booting now.."
No debug actived and windows not detect any drive

i try with dload on sd card but not working
... any luck so far?
I got a similar problem now. Did you have any luck booting it again?

matey86

Mar 24, 2017
... any luck so far?
I got a similar problem now. Did you have any luck booting it again?
use ubuntu linux
open terminal
Type sudo su hit enter
Insert your pass
Type apt-get install android-tools-fastboot
After instaling
Type sudo su fastboot reboot-bootloader or fastboot reboot-bootloader
In terminal will be show <waiting for device>

Now press vol down and power button if not work first time repress button

he_swesi

Sep 9, 2017
use ubuntu linux
open terminal
Type sudo su hit enter
Insert your pass
After instaling

Can I have the same problem?
your device is booting now...

kofyebs

Nov 13, 2018
Bootloader doesn't stay on the screen

Yes .. you flash twrp ?

use ubuntu linux
open terminal
Type sudo su hit enter
Insert your pass
After instaling

I tried your method and i was able to see the bootloader but it doesn't stay, it just blinks and back to the "Your device is booting now"
Any help?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This happened to me, TWRP 3.0.0 worked fine but 3.0.2 did not, I found out that by letting the battery die you can boot up and use your phone normally but I'm kinds stuck without a recovery... I have just "flashed" TWRP 3.3 from the LineageOS thread and I'm going to try and boot recovery now... Hoping all goes well otherwise no phone for the next 2 hours... I'll let you know if it works :).

Any fixes appreciated <3

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Well I tried to boot recovery but to no avail, fortunately I managed to reboot back to android by holding volume up and power, then releasing volume up after the first vibrate and holding power until the "bootloader is unlocked" message appears... Good luck I hope we can sort this out.