C432 oeminfo flash for TWRP

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I recently posted the B136 EVA-L09 dload file in this topic, which a number of people are using to de-brand their UK devices on operators such as Vodafone.

If you do so, you end up on C900, which is a cross-flash version, which isn't safetynet certified (no Android Pay compatibility).

The solution to unlock your bootloader (using the official method or dc-unlocker), flash TWRP, flash this zip then reflash the dload file.

You'll then be on C432B136 and safetynet friendly.
  • oeminfo-huawei-p9-eval09-c432.zip - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f5b757f76f99e9c50555a6616802c41e
Enjoy! :)

P

flibblesan

Feb 12, 2008
Nottingham
Nothing Phone 1
Be warned that debranding your device fully will cause the phone to be wiped so you'll need to backup files first.

When flashing the B136 ROM after you have updated oeminfo, make sure you copy all files and folders to your sdcard.

It should look like this on your SD:

Code:
/dload/UPDATE.APP
/dload/dt/default/update_data_dt_default.app
/dload/hw/eu/update_data_hw_eu.app
/dload/hw/normal/update_data_hw_normal.app

If you just flash the UPDATE.APP then you'll end up with a broken /cust partition with incorrect icons, theming not working, etc.

EMUI recovery will flash UPDATE.APP then flash the dt, then hw updates after.

Once booted into Android, open the dialer then dial:

Code:
* # * # 2 8 4 6 5 7 9 # * # *

then tap 3. Network Information Query, Vendor Country Info. If OEMINFO was correctly updated then this will show

Code:
Vendor: hw

Now open Settings > About Phone. Build should be EVA-L09C432B136

If build is showing C900B136 and vendor country info showing Vodafone, you'll need to do a factory reset.

Last edited:

marmottator

Feb 7, 2009
(France)
I installed this ZIP, once this is done it reseted my phone and even my bootloader locked again as originally (it was marked locked and relocked not as original. Probably a good zip has flashed before returning to service

tnhh

Oct 16, 2011
I just used this to attempt to update my Vodafone P9 to C432B136. It didn't reset my phone (all my data are still there) and I am stuck on EVA-C900B136. Have tried flashing oeminfo and then running the update twice. Vendor Country Info says "Vendor: vodafone Country: gb"

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

I just used this to attempt to update my Vodafone P9 to C432B136. It didn't reset my phone (all my data are still there) and I am stuck on EVA-C900B136. Have tried flashing oeminfo and then running the update twice. Vendor Country Info says "Vendor: vodafone Country: gb"

Oh no never mind. I had selected the wrong storage in TWRP. Device is resetting now.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Oh no never mind. I had selected the wrong storage in TWRP. Device is resetting now.

Sorry for all the edits! My bootloader was also relocked after (correctly!) installing this zip file.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Sorry for all the edits! My bootloader was also relocked after (correctly!) installing this zip file.

Success! EVA-L09C432B136

scedric57

Nov 21, 2010
I installed this ZIP, once this is done it reseted my phone and even my bootloader locked again as originally (it was marked locked and relocked not as original. Probably a good zip has flashed before returning to service

same problem for me
i made a reset data factory and now ask me type password to decrypt storage

help me please :crying:

scedric57

Nov 21, 2010

La seule solution dans ton cas sera de faire un gros reset, c'est ce que j'ai fait

i'm reflashing with the dload directory on external SD i pray now

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

yes all it's ok now thank you @marmottator

dcfowler01

Oct 20, 2015
Hi all, what's the best way of doing a backup so that data can be restored once this has been done (and therefore wiped?). I'm eager not to lose my apps data, but I thought I needed root access to backup and restore that? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

tnhh

Oct 16, 2011
Hi all, what's the best way of doing a backup so that data can be restored once this has been done (and therefore wiped?). I'm eager not to lose my apps data, but I thought I needed root access to backup and restore that? Thanks in advance!

I used Titanium Backup. I also used adb to pull the whole of /sdcard just to be on the safe side. You need to unlock the bootloader anyway to flash this zip file, so you may as well just root your device at the same time.

dcfowler01

Oct 20, 2015
Sorry how do I gain root access? I suspect that's what I'm missing. Does unlocking the bootloader give you that by default?

dcfowler01

Oct 20, 2015
Ok Thankyou! In which case I guess I also have to unlock the boot loader and root *afterwards*, so I can then restore the backup? Thanks.

slug32

May 18, 2006
I recently posted the B136 EVA-L09 dload file in this topic, which a number of people are using to de-brand their UK devices on operators such as Vodafone.

If you do so, you end up on C900, which is a cross-flash version, which isn't safetynet certified (no Android Pay compatibility).

The solution to unlock your bootloader (using the official method or dc-unlocker), flash TWRP, flash this zip then reflash the dload file.

• oeminfo-huawei-p9-eval09-c432.zip - DOWNLOAD - MD5: f5b757f76f99e9c50555a6616802c41e

P

Hi guys

I have a dual sim Chinese EVA-ALOO P9 from Aliexpress. Worked out of the box fine, but with the heavy influences of Chinese in all the apps.

I've managed to unlock the Bootloader (re-lock it again when needed, install TWRP and remove it again etc)... I've tried every firmaware on the XDA threads (it just tells me its not compatible - so no firmware upgrades have been possible)

What I was able to do was apply this OEMINFO file and trick my P9 into thinking is a UK version.... although not quite. I seem to get a verification failure when trying to do a factory reset....

So am I correct in thinking, I just have to wait until the Chinese ROM is availble before I can reset everything back to the way it was, or how do I undo the OEMINFO update?

it's not a train smash if I have to wait, just being impatient as per normal

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

P
    Be warned that debranding your device fully will cause the phone to be wiped so you'll need to backup files first.

When flashing the B136 ROM after you have updated oeminfo, make sure you copy all files and folders to your sdcard.

It should look like this on your SD:

Code:
    /dload/UPDATE.APP
    /dload/dt/default/update_data_dt_default.app
    /dload/hw/eu/update_data_hw_eu.app
    /dload/hw/normal/update_data_hw_normal.app

If you just flash the UPDATE.APP then you'll end up with a broken /cust partition with incorrect icons, theming not working, etc.

EMUI recovery will flash UPDATE.APP then flash the dt, then hw updates after.

Once booted into Android, open the dialer then dial:

Code:
    * # * # 2 8 4 6 5 7 9 # * # *

then tap 3. Network Information Query, Vendor Country Info. If OEMINFO was correctly updated then this will show

Code:
    Vendor: hw

Now open Settings > About Phone. Build should be EVA-L09C432B136

If build is showing C900B136 and vendor country info showing Vodafone, you'll need to do a factory reset.
    Do we definitely get OTA updates, please can someone confirm?
    Yes
    before C900b136, after c432b136
    u cannot have two sim cards on single sim model....
    Not tru, most singelsim Huawei phones can be debranded to dualsim the hardware supports it. U need to change oeminfo and flash L19 Firmware, then u need a dualsim tray to use 2 simcard.
    U can check FunkyHuawei that it is possible.

Sent from my LON-L29 using XDA Labs