based on Android 7.0 (N) EMUI 5.0 European Firmware b386
I'm happy to present you my new ROM It is tested and works without any problems on EVA-L09 C432 and EVA-L19 C432.
Other models must be tested first, which Firmware is required to get Developer Options and Fingerprint to work. Please report!
1) Difference between Magisk and Classic Edition:
- The Magisk Edition was made to have a safteynet capable device that still offers much more features than a Stock Firmware ... It has the same features as Classic Edition, but with the difference that you can bypass safeteynet .... Apps such as Pokemon Go, various banking apps and others - which does not work anymore on rooted devices should work in this Rom
- The Classic Editon is rooted with SuperSU and has the same features, but safteynet cannot bypassed. However, who does not run apps on this "questionable" service will have the same joy with this Rom
2) Requirements for MagicRainbow - short overview:
Basically: You must already be on Android 7 (Nougat), Bootloader must be unlocked, latest TWRP flashed with special settings (explained below)
A) Your device must not be rooted for installing this ROM - it is even better, if you start from clean original Huawei Stock Firmware.
EVA-L09 C432 and EVA-L19 C432 need original Huawei Firmware b386 installed (flashable Firmware available - see below). But b386 is not for all other cust and models avilable!
EVA-L29C636 and EVA-L19C636 has currently only b361 as flashable Firmware available. Higher Firmwares comes only with OTA.
You should be with the Firmware for your device nearly to b386 - if not then Fingerprint may not work and perhaps not the Developer Options (which is very important for this ROM to work properly)
B) If you are on Stock Firmware and your device is rooted, backup your stuff, unroot your device and make a factory reset.
C) If you come from any Custom Rom like MagicRainbow v1 (based on b386) or @dkionline BlueWei - you must go back to original Huawei Stock Firmware b386 (see section 4 - How do flash firmware) It is not enaugh, just wipe with TWRP and flash the Rom!
D) If you are on Stock Firmware b387 (make just unroot - if you have Root - and do a factory reset) - but I think you can install this Rom just with the Wipes and without going back to b386
3) Flashable Firmware b386 c432 (for EVA-L09 and EVA-L19):
- EVA-L09 c432 b386 Firmware update.zip: http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d...ull/update.zip
- EVA-L19c432 b386 Firmware update.zip:http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/d...ull/update.zip
4) How to flash Firmware - or GOING BACK TO STOCK:
The simplest, preferred method to flash b386 (In accordance with your device and model!) can be done with TWRP - whether you come from the b383 or b387, or from BlueWei or MagicRainbow v1 - but note, you cannot use this method to update from Android 6 to Android 7:
- 1) Backup your apps with data (only User Apps, no System Apps, no Chat-Apps - Chat Apps should not be restored - but new installed with Playstore and new registered, use integrated Backup from Chat-Apps)
2) Backup all important files and folders from your internal memory (DCIM, WhatsApp folder, Downloads etc)
3) delete you Fingerprint and Google Account
4) Copy update.zip and ...hw_eu/update_data_full_EVA...zip to your external SD (dont unzipp it and dont do it into dload folder)
5) Bootloader must be unlocked
6) Make sure that you enable in developer options OEM Unlock and 2) ADB Debugging and 3) USB Debugging - in this order (if its not enabled yet)
7) TWRP must be installed
8) Flash with TWRP (Huawei Firmware) update.zip - after it is flashed do not reboot - go back to main menu
9) Flash with TWRP hw_eu/update_data_full_EVA...zip - after it is flashed do not reboot - down in the left corner klick on "wipe dalvik and cache"
10) Do not reboot - go back to main menu - use Tab: Restart - but do not restart system - RESTART RECOVERY
11) You are now in Huawei Stock Recovery - from there make 1) Wipe Cache Partition and 2) Factoryreset and 3) reboot to system
12) Huawei Stock Firmware b386 is succesful installed
13) I would recommend to flash now the Firmware b386 once again, but now with dload-method. For this you must 1) unzipp update.zip on PC and 2) unzipp hw_eu...data.zip in a separate folder.
14) Make a folder on your external SD with the name: dload - Copy first the unzipped file from update.zip into this folder - but ONLY the UPDATE.APP (not the other files)
15) With VOL+ and VOL- (press in the middle down) and PowerButton flash b386
16) After restart to system, delete update.app in dload folder and copy now the unzipped files from hw_eu...data.zip into dload folder - but now you need ALL files (update.app, META-INF and the data folder)
17) flash it with the 3 Button Method
5) Important information for using this TWRP:
Made by @OldDroid v 3.1.1-1 (currently latest TWRP): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=961840155545586361
A) Setup new flashed TWRP: allow system modification,
B) Open Settings Tab and configure the settings for your needs - example: I uncheck "prompt install TWRP app", I disable vibration and expand the screen timeout to 300 for seeing what TWRP shows me on screen, I set time zone and language...
C) Important in settings on last Tab - uncheck /disable "keep vendor partition mounted" - but leave ]enabled "exclude OEM-Path from data-wipe"
D) Have a look in main menu into Mount-Tab - For flashing Stock Firmware as shown above and for making Nandroid Backups with TWRP - you must not change anything in Mount!
E) But later, if you are ready to flash the ROM and you are going to wipe the partitions (explained below) - Immediately after the Advanced Wipe - before you want flash the ROM - you must go in main menu to: MOUNT and uncheck/disable everything in Mount - with the exception "Micro-SD" (this must be mounted!) If you dont do this step after wipe, before flashing ROM - the Rom would may not be flashed properly - and if so, it cannot work properly!!
6) Installing ROM
If you have MagicRainbow.zip already on external SD, do following steps:
- Note: if you want boot sound to be played back in the future, then sound must be switched on before installing the Rom - if phone is in silent mode, there will be no boot sound in the future. Phone remembers the last status and this can not be changed afterwards!
Wipe ONLY following partitions:
Dalvik / Art Cache
Do NOT wipe: vendor, internal memory, micro-SD
B) After wipe you navigate back to the main menu and open: Mount - uncheck all with the exception of Micro SD card! This is an important step - (especially vendor should not be mounted), since otherwise there will be errors in the installation. My script mounts itself, what it needs
C) Then navigate back to main menu and go to Install Tab - select MagicRainbow.zip and swype to flash
D) After flashing ROM, do not make a Wipe from Dalvik / Cache, just reboot. Reboot is relatively fast, but of course, the first boot takes a lot longer than usual - about 9 min
Differences during first boot: Classic-Edition interrupts the first boot process due to systemless rooting by SuperSU 2.82 SR1 and boot again - the Magisk edition does not need this additional loop.
7) Important for Magisk and Safetynet:
A) If you receive a root request during the first setup with Magisk Edition, please affirm it - no matter how strange it may seem to you!
B) After first setup dont open Magisk Manager and - before you doing anything else - go to settings and activate developer options.
Inside enable 1) ADB debugging and 2) USB debugging ( in this order! - not the other way)
C) After got to settings / expanded settings and enable in security: "unknown sources"
D) Immidiatly restart your P9 - this is an important step to keep safetynet green. After reboot you can open Magisk Manager.
E) Do not change anything in the settings or in the preinstalled module of Magisk - it is already set everything correctly! Also dont download module which you dont know for what they are and what they doing...
But I would recommend to download and install following two modules: Huawei Safetynet Fix and BusyBox 1.27.2
Please do it with following instruction: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...&postcount=564
F) Do not activate in Magisk Manager settings systemless hosts!
AdAway does not need this setting to work!
G) Start AdAway, download and activate hosts and reboot your Phone. After reboot open AdAway again, hosts are not activated yet, download hosts again and reboot your Phone a second time. Now hosts are activated (green) and safetynet stays also green.
It is not much to say to the Classic Edition, which you know already from MagicRainbow v1 b383 - but 1) ADB Debugging and 2) USB Debugging USB must also be enabled after the first setup and then restart the device before you do anything else! If you open AdAway and download and enable hosts, reboot your Phone. After reboot open AdAway again. If hosts are not activated yet, install again hosts and reboot. After it will work, cause its configured by an init.d script.
8) Important information to PMPlus:
The app PMPlus activates "auto-launch" on second page in the Phone Manager - so you have a very powerful Autostart Manager, which would otherwise not exist. This is optional, however - if you want to be sure that everything works smoothly, and does not want to adjust everything manually here, leave your fingers off. Note: If auto-launch is activated in phone manager, you can not undo this change, just by reinstalling the Rom!
Whoever wants it anyway:
A) Simply start PMPlus and go to Install, after succesful installed messeage, close this app! Autostart Manager is activated now in Phone Manager!.
B) You can then delete the app PMPlus.
C) But please note : All Autostarts are set to 0 and you have to manually enable the most important apps in auto-launch
D) Magisk Manager must be enabled in auto-launch, in the Magisk Edition - if you do not enabel, Root cannot work!
E) SuperSU must be enabled in auto-launch - in the Classic Edition - if it is not enabled, Root cannot work!
F) In both Roms Chat-Apps which should receive push notifications - must be enabled in auto-launch - and some apps must also enabled in "App activation" - which is a part of "auto-launch"
9) Features and Information:
- Callrecorder - for manual and automated call recording
Viper4Android - Advanced Settings /more settings / Viper4Android Installation-Pool from here you can install: None, old viper and new viper - after reboot you have the App Symbol on Homescreen. Open it to configure Viper4Android.
Classic Edition ROOTED with SuperSU 2.82 SR1
Magis Edition ROOTED with Magisk 13.3
AdAway as ad blocker - look at Point 7 for further information
KangV-Settings (Advanced Settings on Homescreen) in nougat style - with the 4in1 restart menu and much more ....
Titanium Backup - you can use external SD with storage SD-Card and dont need Document Provider
MiXplorer - powerful Root Explorer which comes with PDF Reader, VLC Codecs and Archive Plugin, change language in settings
Debloaded - almost GApps from system removed - but Core GApps are integrated - so dont flash any GApps - you can install missing GApps with Playstore.
Full access to the external SD You can work on external SD with enabled Full Permissions - Example: TitaniumBackup automatically selects the external SD as the preferred location.
Optional: Path to the internal memory interchangeable with the external storage! To do this, you only need to use MiXplorer and navigate to /data. There is a file with the name: SDPath - open this file with text editor of MiXplorer. At the moment, the internal memory is set as default (ext_SD = 0). If you change the entry to: ext_SD = 1 and save it, all apps will only use the external storage after one-time reboot. Before you install apps like WhatsApp, think about it. Because if you like that all Apps store media and everything only on your external SD then enable this option. Example: The folder of WhatsApp will be created automatically on external SD ....
10)Disable Statusbar Lunar:
The Rom is European, but the Advanced Settings are made by KangV. He comes from China, thats why the Lunar component is built into Advanced Settings (these are the only Chinese letters in this Rom). To disable the chinese letters, go to Advanced Settings /Notification settings and disable the checkmark "Show statusbar lunar"
One known BUG: Do not use the "hide navigation bar" in Advanced Settings, it works with chinese models like AL10 - but not europaen models at the moment.
11) Restore orignial Huawei Bootanimation (if you dont like my integrated one):
Flash this zip with TWRP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/att...5&d=1504567957
12) DOWNLOAD *MagicRainbow* ROM v2:
MD5 (please check after download): b350f2a37c88bd31c8373c57a4012344
MD5 (please check after download): 1587eeb1575d252f265f852ef3026dfa
Previous Version - MagicRainbow ROM v1 (based on b383, SuperSU EMUI 2.79 installed):
Requirement before installing this ROM:
EVA-L09 C432 and EVA-L19 C432 need Firmware b383 installed
EVA-L19 C636 need Firmware b381 installed
EVA-L19 C185 need Firmware b385 installed
After first setup you must update SuperSU to Version 2.82 EMUI: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298962637
Many thanks to KangV for his great K-Settings Framework
If you like Advanced Settings by KangV - you can donate him:KangV: https://www.paypal.me/KangVIP
If you like *Magic-Rainbow* ROM, you can spent me some glass of wine https://www.paypal.me/Tecalote
Many thanks and credits to other great Developers:
@OldDroid - TWRP with DECRYPTION SUPPORT for P9 https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/.../twrp-t3565703
@HootanParsa (MiXplorer) and @YashdSaraf (BusyBox arm64)
@kishorerprem - SDCard-Write access
@Chainfire - SuperSU
@topjohnwu (systemless Xposed Framework and Magisk)
@dkionline - Custom Roms for P9
@Blackball - Custom Roms for P8 - P9 - P 10
@mr.mrcn - Dark Bloom for EMUI 5.0 Theme