It is a treble build, therefore it could also work on other devices, but I haven't tested. And yes, the camera works!
Features of this ROM
- Pre-installed microG and F-Droid same as the LineageOS for microG project
- Pre-installed AuroraStore
- Root included (switch on in dev. settings)
- Additional security hardening features listed below
- Access to /proc/net blocked for user apps
- Bundled netmonitor app to allow network monitoring
- Enhanced Privacy Guard: Switches for motion sensors and other sensors
- Cloudflare as default DNS (instead of Google)
- Privacy-preferred default settings
- Optional blocking of Facebook- and Google-Tracking
- Optional disabling of captive portal detection
- Firewall UI
- No submission of IMSI/phone number to Google/Sony when GPS is in use
- Default hosts file with many blocked ad/tracking sites
- Privacy-enhanced Bromite SystemWebView
- Additional restrictions for secondary users
- Increased password length
Current release levels
Security string: 2020-05-01 (* equivalent to 2020-06-01, see this post)
AOSP tag: 9.0.0_r46
Bromite System Webview: M81
Source-code and build instructions
Device config.: https://github.com/lin16-microg/devi...in-16.0-eva-p9
Build manifest: https://github.com/lin16-microg/loca...in-16.0-treble
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE SOLELY YOURSELF FOR ANY ACTIONS YOU DO WITH YOUR DEVICE !!!
Please note - I won't explain any single aspect (e.g. how to install 'fastboot' on your PC or troubleshoot USB connectivity issues under Windows). Search the net and consult the search engine of your choice or look here in XDA, there is plenty of information available.
- Have fastboot and adb installed on your PC and make sure, you can connect via USB to your device in fastboot mode and via adb
- An unlocked bootloader
- EMUI 8.0 firmware
ONLY, If the above pre-requisites are met, download and unpack the linked ZIP file, and flash the .img file via fastboot.
The OpenKirin installation instructions describe this in a very good way, I could not really explain it better (please note, that I have no relation to them, but they are really doing an amazing job!)
- If you come from an EMUI 8.0 stock ROM or a different treble build, don't forget the factory reset as described.
- If you update one of my builds from this thread, you don't need to wipe anything
- On some (but not all) PCs, you may have to run fastboot as Admin (Windows) or root/sudo (Linux)
If the above pre-requisites are NOT met, you will have some extra-rounds to perform, until you get there:
Huawei has stopped providing unlock keys, so if you haven't got one, this thread and of course the search-engine of your choice may be helpful. I was lucky enough to obtain an official unlock key on the last day of HUAWEI's unlock page, so I have no experience with the unofficial unlock methods - good luck!
EMUI 8.0 firmware
Get back to Stock ROM, if you use a Custom ROM. On Stock, if not yet done, apply all updates offered to you by the Stock ROM updater, until you are on the latest officially offered Android 7 (Nougat) EMUI 5.x release.
If you are on Android 7 (aka Nougat), please visit this thread, which really explains step-by-step, what needs to be done. Really follow ALL the steps, especially, don't forget at the very end to flash the Stock EMUI recovery!
You need your unlock key handy,during this process the bootloader will be automatically locked several times, so you need the key a couple of times to unlock again!
A hint for Linux users: The HWOTA tool is in fact a windows wrapper around Linux shell scripts, so there is no real need to use Windows, if you have a working Linux installation (however, make sure to replace the 'mkdir' commands in hwota_eng.sh with 'mkdir -p').
If you have a problem, please create a post with these informations:
And try to get log as described here
Please note that I can't and won't support issues with builds using a different kernel or Xposed.
In regards to microG, I will try my best to help when it is related to this ROM (I use it myself), but any questions of the type "the YXZ-app can't do <some sort of fancy xyz Google functionality> properly" are better asked in the respective microG forums.
Graphene OS project
[ROM][Treble][microG]LineageOS 16.0 for HUAWEI P9, ROM for the Huawei P9
Source Code: https://github.com/lin16-microg/devi...in-16.0-eva-p9
ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: EMUI 8 firmware
Based On: LineageOS
Stable Release Date: 2020-05-08
Last Updated 2020-06-10