[Warehouse] All Stock Firmware Huawei P9 - 20161113

Search This thread

sheppy1

Nov 24, 2009
Hi All

I'm currently on B127 on a Vodafone locked L09 P9 and looking to go to B167...Just wondering if I'm okay to jump straight to it or do I need to upgrade to another version beforehand?

gmsenior

Aug 3, 2008
Hi to All
Can anybody confirm if the double tap to wake is available and screen mirroring via wifi for example with samsung smart TV

aceclift

Nov 11, 2013
Swindon
Hi All

I'm currently on B127 on a Vodafone locked L09 P9 and looking to go to B167...Just wondering if I'm okay to jump straight to it or do I need to upgrade to another version beforehand?

you first need to de-brand your phone like I had to. and then you need to flash the cust c432 file in twrp. after this you then update to B166 which is the latest via the dload method on your phone
de-branding does require you to unlock your phones bootloader (need to get your code first from using dc-unlocker)

sheppy1

Nov 24, 2009
you first need to de-brand your phone like I had to. and then you need to flash the cust c432 file in twrp. after this you then update to B166 which is the latest via the dload method on your phone
de-branding does require you to unlock your phones bootloader (need to get your code first from using dc-unlocker)

Hi

Not sure why you had to do that? I went ahead and flashed B167 via the "hold the power button and volume buttons while booting the phone" method and it went ahead and installed the update without issues. Furthermore the phone is now de-branded too just by me installing the B167 update using the above method...no messing with custom files in TWRP etc.

OnimushaPooh

Nov 9, 2015
Im on L09C432B166 bootloader unlocked and rooted, do i need to lock my bootloader to get B167 through OTA? if not, do i need to relock bootloader to install it via dload?
Thanks

not need to relock bootloader . just install stock recovery then dload. but you might lost your Root.
unfortunately rooted device can't get OAT

Mostar088

Hi

Not sure why you had to do that? I went ahead and flashed B167 via the "hold the power button and volume buttons while booting the phone" method and it went ahead and installed the update without issues. Furthermore the phone is now de-branded too just by me installing the B167 update using the above method...no messing with custom files in TWRP etc.
You can do it like that but now your phone is C900 and u want recive any OTA updates.

bratfink

Feb 8, 2010
London
Just a quick little Q... has anyone who's flashed anything comment if they are still able to use Android Pay?

I upgraded from the 166 to 167 version (which I was under the impression is a legit ROM from Huawei... but have since been unable to use Android Pay).

Any info would be much appreciated!

sheppy1

Nov 24, 2009
You can do it like that but now your phone is C900 and u want recive any OTA updates.

Oh...hahaha. Hmmmm, guess I'll just have to flash them via the dload method from now on then :) any quick way to get it to receive OTAs then or is it not worth the hassle now?

also other than not getting OTAs...does it matter that I have C900 now?

Last edited:

Mostar088

ok, Do you mean "Build number"?
Yes

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Oh...hahaha. Hmmmm, guess I'll just have to flash them via the dload method from now on then :) any quick way to get it to receive OTAs then or is it not worth the hassle now?

also other than not getting OTAs...does it matter that I have C900 now?
You have no stock themes and Android Pay will not work. Only way to get OTA is to flash oeminfo.

sheppy1

Nov 24, 2009
Yes

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

You have no stock themes and Android Pay will not work. Only way to get OTA is to flash oeminfo.

Ahhhh I'll just leave it as is...getting TWRP would need unlocked BL etc. wouldn't it.

Also my android pay still opens etc. and I've just applied some icon themes, backgrounds etc. to my stock Huawei launcher using the theme app and it all worked fine...

jphilouxx

Dec 14, 2010
I just would to say that Android 7.0 is just perfect for a beta test version i use it for my daily driver ..screen mirroring is ok with Philips 4k smart tv and all previous settings on last b136 work fine ..camera is better too ..all work on that build...i come from L09c432b136 ...just the same previous question ask before , is that twrp working ? Dont think so ..Just flashed it but cant have it to boot into.. it keep on "device is booting" device start-up screen..keep an eye on good news...:p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts