I have a problem with the battery in my P9, which has started to behave very strangely. It a Huawei P9 EVA-L09 (Europe) with Nougat currently installed on it, its a couple of years old and have no warranty.
Here is what I know:
- It works fine from around 100% to roughly 60%, then suddenly it drops really really fast (only last a couple of seconds from 20% until it just shuts down.).
- It takes forever to charge afterwards (even though it has been advertised, that it charge really fast)
- It is of course old (but the problem started from one day to the other).
- I've downloaded a lot of battery health/calibration apps, and they all say that the battery is in good health (don't really know about their reliability).
- If it shuts down (0% battery), I can turn it on and force it into safe mode, where it can last over 30 minutes on 1% battery (even though in regular mode it would shut down instantly again).
I've of course searched the web. I've read a lot of places that it can be either software or a faulty battery. Personally I think it would be weird if it is the battery when it is able to stay on 1% of battery for over 30 minutes in safe mode. That seems more like a software issue? However I'm really no expert.
- Doing a factory reset (and not installing a bunch of new apps), which didn't fix the issue.
- Doing the old school battery calibration techniques with charging the battery etc. which also haven't fixed the issue.
Some people have written on this forum about doing a downgrade, however I'm not sure where to get the original Marshmallow OS for a Huawei EVA-L09 (Europe) so I haven't tried it yet. Anyone who knows a place and which version to download for my type of P9 from Europe?
Have anyone experienced the same thing, and have some new knowledge about some fix, that I haven't tried yet?