FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Confirmed Oreo for P9

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By miksork, Junior Member on 26th January 2018, 10:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Danish news media today cited a Huawei source saying that the P9 will be updated to Android Oreo 8.0: https://m.weibo.cn/status/FFJfa03uP
The Following User Says Thank You to miksork For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miksork Ad-Free

26th January 2018, 10:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Looks more like chinese than danish. Not sure what to believe now.
I can't read chinese, but i really want Oreo on my P9, even if it's the last i get before buying a new phone.

26th January 2018, 01:57 PM |#3  
Flag M√ľnster
Thanks Meter: 85

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksork

Danish news media today cited a Huawei source saying that the P9 will be updated to Android Oreo 8.0: https://m.weibo.cn/status/FFJfa03uP

XDA published this article yesterday. https://www.xda-developers.com/huawe...-android-oreo/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jan Philipp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jan Philipp Ad-Free
26th January 2018, 07:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
IMO we will get only "Oreo-based EMUI 8.0" - not Oreo update itself...
The Following User Says Thank You to hapnik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hapnik Ad-Free
26th January 2018, 08:06 PM |#5  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapnik

what's wrong with Oreo-based EMUI 8.0? where do you know it's not oreo itself? are Oreo-based Android One or Oreo-based MIUI 10 not an oreo update too?
27th January 2018, 12:02 AM |#6  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:

Another negative person.... you know everything i assume??? Do you have a source spying on the company im working for??? Dear Negative person. Now I am allowed to say that i already have in my hands an unpublished Pre-beta test Oreo version on my phone since i have a part i develop for the firmware in the country i live for. For a better and stable support for the mobile companies here and customize few things.
Dear negative person this forum was the beginning for many of us recognized or not developers to find a hobby that potentially could lead in a job. I am a good example my self. So i personally demand a bit of respect from users who are interested on customizing their mobile devices, but they do not have enough of knowledge or and experience. All these years (and that's my 3rd newest active account because i like to keep my developing clean so i can manage my requests) until i expand my knowledge i was reading and asking. Lots of questions, lots of annoyance towards other devs. I would suggest you to do the same if you are interested on developing so you will not have to wait for any Huawei to give you the experience you want on your device. Internet is a free exchange of ideas in the end of the day and that idea me and all of my generation fought so you will enjoy your right to share your opinions throughout the web.....but... Idea is not spreading inaccurate misinformation. Thats literally a crime and its punishable. I am telling you off for many reasons and because i am concerned especially with P9 since i am leading a dev project. P9 is an essential device with great characteristics that can compete all the devices in the market right now you like it or not, you admit it or not. Its underdeveloped yes. I agree! Like the rest of the mobile phones out there. The main reason is that you can not be a pioneer with the same speed as 15 years ago, since the technology moved fast and forward the last 15 years with no space for new ideas and pioneering. And then... financially crisis hits all over the world... Android is not an Iphone. Its not Apple. Android is FREE and once you have a free thing you have to pay for laws to be able to give it for free like the companies who dont give their operating systems for free. No android mobile company earns $$ from the operating system. Its is against the law to do it. All of the companies i worked in my past like Nokia, Sony, Google, etc etc are making their profits from the devices. in other words RETAIL SALES.
So now you can stop spreading your hate because you are disappointed from your device and rethink. Every action have a reaction. Thats the basic rule of engineering i learned in school. And its true that this law applies to real life.

Now back to the subject and to answer clearly your stupid comment so you will not mislead opinions.
You can not have Emui 8 without Oreo and vice versa. Its not just an APK based app. its a new customized framework which needs environment and code for Oreo to work. For an example you can not install Emui camera from any version to a google vanilla firmware and make it work without changing and codding things and support through kernel and OS the application. If the application needs Oreo based system simply it will crash and it will not work as it should. Thats all i have to say.

I hope you enjoy my way of talking.

PS: Its a phone and not a rocket yes? It does what they promised you it will do. Be glad and wait or move on to a "better supported device".
If you have demands of buying a new phone because the market is trying to grab more money out of your pockets by providing a new OS...then guess what.... you are a retail sales victim.

With love and respect
The Lecturer aka Vampirian
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to vampirian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirian Ad-Free
27th January 2018, 01:29 AM |#7  
Flag Tashkent
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

My dear friend you can always buy "Oreo" from any market

Offtop*
Huawei got insiders? As I see you are members of Huawei "insider" @vampirian , can we join to beta test?
The Following User Says Thank You to KinG5Pac For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KinG5Pac Ad-Free
27th January 2018, 02:12 AM |#8  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinG5Pac

My dear friend you can always buy "Oreo" from any market

Offtop*
Huawei got insiders? As I see you are members of Huawei "insider" @vampirian , can we join to beta test?

You can not call me an insider. I met through this forum many people and many devs who was working in much more famous mobile companies. Hell yes we even had official programmers for Microsoft, Sony, Samsung. XDA gave loads of knowledge to this industry. As for the beta test i will say Soon i assume the first version you could try in few weeks is the Chinese one since most of the complete parts are coming for porting and translating here. Which means whenever permissions will be allowed and made for public beta test. Unfortunately as for now is strictly for internal development purposes. I will repeat Its not "insiders". It is a part of our job to provide the best experience for our country. Finland is famous for many companies like Nokia (clearly Finnish company that creates from tires for cars, to space engineering technologies,lasers and back in time even mattresses ), Huawei EU departments (responsible for development and marketing around EU and passing to other companies for additional changes), Rovio (Angry birds :P ) etc etc and many other companies in general.

Time to rest a bit
GN
The Following User Says Thank You to vampirian For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirian Ad-Free
27th January 2018, 04:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirian

Another negative person.... you know everything i assume??? Do you have a source spying on the company im working for??? Dear Negative person. Now I am allowed to say that i already have in my hands an unpublished Pre-beta test Oreo version on my phone since i have a part i develop for the firmware in the country i live for. For a better and stable support for the mobile companies here and customize few things.
Dear negative person this forum was the beginning for many of us recognized or not developers to find a hobby that potentially could lead in a job. I am a good example my self. So i personally demand a bit of respect from users who are interested on customizing their mobile devices, but they do not have enough of knowledge or and experience. All these years (and that's my 3rd newest active account because i like to keep my developing clean so i can manage my requests) until i expand my knowledge i was reading and asking. Lots of questions, lots of annoyance towards other devs. I would suggest you to do the same if you are interested on developing so you will not have to wait for any Huawei to give you the experience you want on your device. Internet is a free exchange of ideas in the end of the day and that idea me and all of my generation fought so you will enjoy your right to share your opinions throughout the web.....but... Idea is not spreading inaccurate misinformation. Thats literally a crime and its punishable. I am telling you off for many reasons and because i am concerned especially with P9 since i am leading a dev project. P9 is an essential device with great characteristics that can compete all the devices in the market right now you like it or not, you admit it or not. Its underdeveloped yes. I agree! Like the rest of the mobile phones out there. The main reason is that you can not be a pioneer with the same speed as 15 years ago, since the technology moved fast and forward the last 15 years with no space for new ideas and pioneering. And then... financially crisis hits all over the world... Android is not an Iphone. Its not Apple. Android is FREE and once you have a free thing you have to pay for laws to be able to give it for free like the companies who dont give their operating systems for free.

No android mobile company earns $$ from the operating system. Its is against the law to do it.
the companies i worked in my past like Nokia, Sony, Google, etc etc are making their profits from the devices. in other words RETAIL SALES.
So now you can stop spreading your hate because you are disappointed from your device and rethink. Every action have a reaction. Thats the basic rule of engineering i learned in school. And its true that this law applies to real life.

Now back to the subject and to answer clearly your stupid comment so you will not mislead opinions.
You can not have Emui 8 without Oreo and vice versa. Its not just an APK based app. its a new customized framework which needs environment and code for Oreo to work. For an example you can not install Emui camera from any version to a google vanilla firmware and make it work without changing and codding things and support through kernel and OS the application. If the application needs Oreo based system simply it will crash and it will not work as it should. Thats all i have to say.

I hope you enjoy my way of talking.

PS: Its a phone and not a rocket yes? It does what they promised you it will do. Be glad and wait or move on to a "better supported device".
If you have demands of buying a new phone because the market is trying to grab more money out of your pockets by providing a new OS...then guess what.... you are a retail sales victim.

With love and respect
The Lecturer aka Vampirian

So you're telling me there's a chance?

p.s. sorry couldn't resist
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	4400993  
27th January 2018, 07:30 AM |#10  
Flag Almachar
Thanks Meter: 5

More
A Dutch source also confirmed the release of Oreo for the P9 and P9 plus. Release date yet unknown.
https://www.androidplanet.nl/nieuws/...id-8-0-update/

I hope this is true so my P9 will get it's last update.
27th January 2018, 02:39 PM |#11  
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirian

You can not call me an insider. I met through this forum many people and many devs who was working in much more famous mobile companies. Hell yes we even had official programmers for Microsoft, Sony, Samsung. XDA gave loads of knowledge to this industry. As for the beta test i will say Soon i assume the first version you could try in few weeks is the Chinese one since most of the complete parts are coming for porting and translating here. Which means whenever permissions will be allowed and made for public beta test. Unfortunately as for now is strictly for internal development purposes. I will repeat Its not "insiders". It is a part of our job to provide the best experience for our country. Finland is famous for many companies like Nokia (clearly Finnish company that creates from tires for cars, to space engineering technologies,lasers and back in time even mattresses ), Huawei EU departments (responsible for development and marketing around EU and passing to other companies for additional changes), Rovio (Angry birds :P ) etc etc and many other companies in general.

Time to rest a bit
GN

Hi, and what about rollback from Oreo to Nougat? It would be logical if rollback will be released earlier than Oreo-beta ?you agree with me?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)