FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Debranding to C432 and updating to B361 (Nougat) for EVA-L09

351 posts
Thanks Meter: 158

By Z-Blade, Senior Member on 6th February 2017, 03:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Like many people here, I was eager to get onto Android 7 but the issue I faced was the fact that I got a branded phone and a long wait till I officially get the Android 7 update. Looking through this forum I was very put off on manually updating it to Android 7 with so many threads about bricked phones. However, the urge to get onto Android 7 was too great so ultimately, I decided to do my research and just do it. I am not new to flashing and custom roms but I am new to Huawei but I had confidence that I will recover if I do brick my new P9. In the end (after a few bricks and a couple of mild heart attacks), I got there and to get there, I needed to grab information from multiple threads. So I have decided to put together this guide so people have a singular guide to debrand and get onto Android 7. Below are steps and threads I took to debrand my C34 to C432 and update it to B361.

What listed below is what I did to get onto Android 7, this may or may not work for you so use this guide at your own risk.

Using this Guide - Please read through this guide BEFORE attempting it. There is a lot of large files to download so I recommend that you download everything you need before you make a start and a fast and reliable internet is strongly recommended.

Prep Work
- Backup all your data because your phone will get wiped.
- Make sure you have the stock recovery already flashed and make sure your phone is not rooted (may not be necessary but this was the state my phone was in).
- Get yourself a bootloader code from Huawei. Go to http://www.emui.com/en/plugin/hwdownload/download, you will need to create a Huawei ID if you haven't already done so. Click on the Unlock Bootloader link and fill out the form, you should get a bootloader code almost instantly after submitting the form.
- Download and install HiSuite (http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/..._en/index.html).
- Download the SRK Tool from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...72&postcount=2

Now lets make a start.

1. Download and flash the dload-huawei-p9-eval09-eva-b136.zip from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/...-b136-t3382818. Instructions on how to flash this is in the first post. After flashing, you should be on the L09C900B136 firmware. NOTE: If it boots up to a white screen asking you to enter password, reboot into recovery by holding volume up when you powering up your phone, do a wipe partition and factory reset. You may need to reboot your phone a number times before the phone boots up correctly.

2. After flashing and booting into the L09C900B136 firmware, you will need to unlock your bootloader and install TWRP. You can use the SRK Tool to do this, please have a look at this thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...72&postcount=2) and watch the video on how to do this. NOTE: You only need to unlock bootloader and install the TWRP recovery.

3. After your phone has been unlocked with TWRP recovery installed, download oeminfo-huawei-p9-eval09-c432.zip from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p9/...-twrp-t3384903 and flash it via TWRP. To get into TWRP, power off your phone and go into recovery by powering up your phone while holding volume up.

4. Once you flashed the oeminfo file via TWRP, power off your phone and repeat step 1. So you need to flash the dload-huawei-p9-eval09-eva-b136.zip file again via the dload method (power on the phone while holding volume up and volume down). NOTE: When you flash this firmware again, it will lock your bootloader (Fastboot will tell you that the phone is unlocked but I assure you, your bootloader is locked) and restore to stock recovery.

5. Once your phone has booted back up, go into the phone settings and you should see that your phone is now on the EVA-L09C432B136 firmware. To test that the firmware is working as intended, go into the phone settings and go into Updater, updater should pick up the B182 firmware and you should be able to update it to B182 without an issue.

UPDATE: A number of people has reported that they are getting the B166 update instead of B182, if this happes, do a wipe partition and a factory reset after updating to B166. When you get back in, you should be able to update to B182 via Updater in the Settings menu. If this method does not work, you can manually update to B182 by following the steps here: http://www.carbontesla.com/2016/11/d...update-europe/

6. After your phone has rebooted and you are on the B182 firmware, you need to now update the firmware to B361 via Huawei Updater 2.0 using this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...80&postcount=2.

After all that is done, you should now have a debranded UK C432 P9 running EMUI 5.0.

Special thanks to @paulobrien, @somboons and @KrAzYtHeBoY for their guide, tools, files and video to make this update possible.
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Z-Blade For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Z-Blade Ad-Free

6th February 2017, 06:15 AM |#2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 92

Donate to Me
More
Props to you sir. I will try this when I get back. I don't have any doubts now after reading this guide.
8th February 2017, 01:44 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Does debranding will affect warranty of the device? Mine is quite new.
8th February 2017, 02:12 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoold3vil

Does debranding will affect warranty of the device? Mine is quite new.

Its very likely that debranding will void your warranty since you will need to unlock the bootloader and flash a firmware that is not the same as your original model.
8th February 2017, 02:37 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Blade

Its very likely that debranding will void your warranty since you will need to unlock the bootloader and flash a firmware that is not the same as your original model.

Thanks for the feedback!
8th February 2017, 03:02 AM |#6  
Flag Sydney

More
Thanks for the guide. I've recently been battling away trying to go from C34 to C636 - still never got to the bottom of it.

Is that a typo in your post for your original model number - C43? Or did you come from Optus AU C34?
Either way - have you had any network issues in Australia with the new firmware?

Cheers.
8th February 2017, 04:22 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halliday77

Thanks for the guide. I've recently been battling away trying to go from C34 to C636 - still never got to the bottom of it.

Is that a typo in your post for your original model number - C43? Or did you come from Optus AU C34?
Either way - have you had any network issues in Australia with the new firmware?

Cheers.

Yep, its a typo, thanks for pointing it out. I have no issues what so ever, everything works perfectly fine and there has been no drop in cellular reception, wifi reception, GPS accuracy and etc. Apart from the build saying L09C432, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.
8th February 2017, 05:50 AM |#8  
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-Blade

Yep, its a typo, thanks for pointing it out. I have no issues what so ever, everything works perfectly fine and there has been no drop in cellular reception, wifi reception, GPS accuracy and etc. Apart from the build saying L09C432, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Legend. Appreciate the reply - it was tough to find experienced Aussies on the same starting build/carrier.
Now I just wish I hadn't wasted the time going for the Asia Pacific variant!
Will get stuck into it this evening.

Thanks!
8th February 2017, 11:11 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Great guide! Reading through it seems easier for it to be managed through hisuite/windows but I have a big issue. For some reason my computer won't recognize my phone! I installed the beta and am on build number EMUI-A168-L09C900B040SP11-log and since doing this stupid move I have been unable to connect to a computer nor install other builds or rollbacks directly on the device so I just feel like smashing it and claiming the insurance. Is there any advise that could be offered to maybe force a firmware upgrade?
8th February 2017, 11:47 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawor81

Great guide! Reading through it seems easier for it to be managed through hisuite/windows but I have a big issue. For some reason my computer won't recognize my phone! I installed the beta and am on build number EMUI-A168-L09C900B040SP11-log and since doing this stupid move I have been unable to connect to a computer nor install other builds or rollbacks directly on the device so I just feel like smashing it and claiming the insurance. Is there any advise that could be offered to maybe force a firmware upgrade?

How did you get onto that build? Have you tried following the guide I put up?
9th February 2017, 05:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ha I don't have a clue how I ended up with that build but I've regretted my decision to install a beta version of the nougat every day since. I will try this method this afternoon and see how I go!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)